|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer: June through July, 1938.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephen think might be the reason that Keiko's father hates him?
(a) Protection of his daughter.
(b) His dislike of Matsu.
(c) Ancient family grievances.
(d) Fear of the Chinese.
2. Why doesn't Sachi hide at Matsu's house?
(a) She doesn't hear anyone enter.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She thinks Stephen is entering.
(d) She is tired of hiding.
3. Why did Kenzo stay in Tarumi?
(a) To be close to Sachi.
(b) To care for his parents.
(c) To run his business.
(d) To care for his sister.
4. What does Kenzo give Stephen?
(a) The best tea he's ever tasted.
(b) A too sweet drink made of roses.
(c) A bitter drink with healing properties.
(d) Tea made with a secret ingredient.
5. Who sends Stephen a letter that says Penelope is working with the Red Cross?
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is there when Stephen regains consciousness after being hit by the wave?
2. Why does Stephen say something has changed between himself and Keiko?
3. What are the Plum Rains?
4. What does Matsu say Kenzo does?
5. How does Stephen respond to Keiko's addressing of her father's behavior?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)