|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer: June through July, 1938.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tomoko?
(a) Sachi's sister.
(b) Matsu's sister.
(c) Keiko's sister.
(d) Kenzo's sister.
2. What news is received that dampens the spirits of Stephen, Matsu, and their visitor?
(a) The storm has devastated the village.
(b) The Japanese Army is advancing.
(c) The Japanese have taken over a key city.
(d) A child from the village has drowned.
3. What does Stephen notice a lack of in Tarumi?
(b) Young women.
(d) Young men.
4. How does Matsu react when he and Stephen walk by Kenzo's teahouse for the first time after Kenzo's death?
(a) He stops in front of it and stands silently.
(b) He starts talking about Tomoko.
(c) He stares straight ahead without looking at it.
(d) He quickens his pace.
5. What are the Plum Rains?
(a) Six weeks of festivals that travel from town to town.
(b) Six weeks of rain.
(c) A harvest festival at the Tama shrine.
(d) A Japanese form of poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stephen meet Kenzo?
2. What is part of the reason that Stephen says that time has slowed to a crawl?
3. Where has Matsu been when he returns to the beach house?
4. Why did Kenzo stay in Tarumi?
5. Who dies in the Summer: June through July, 1938 chapter?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)