|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer: June through July, 1938.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Plum Rains?
(a) A harvest festival at the Tama shrine.
(b) Six weeks of festivals that travel from town to town.
(c) A Japanese form of poetry.
(d) Six weeks of rain.
2. Where does Stephen meet Kenzo?
(a) A teahouse.
(b) A marketplace.
(c) Sachi's house.
(d) Matsu's garden.
3. How does Matsu react when he and Stephen walk by Kenzo's teahouse for the first time after Kenzo's death?
(a) He stares straight ahead without looking at it.
(b) He quickens his pace.
(c) He starts talking about Tomoko.
(d) He stops in front of it and stands silently.
4. What news is received that dampens the spirits of Stephen, Matsu, and their visitor?
(a) The storm has devastated the village.
(b) The Japanese have taken over a key city.
(c) A child from the village has drowned.
(d) The Japanese Army is advancing.
5. Who is there when Stephen regains consciousness after being hit by the wave?
(c) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Stephen the black lacquer box with homemade yoken?
2. What does Penelope do for the Red Cross?
3. What does Keiko do when Stephen asks her to meet him at the shrine?
4. What is said about the shantytowns by Pie in her letter?
5. What does Kenzo give Stephen?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)