Autumn: September 1937
1. Why does Stephen originally buy the journal?
(a) To provide his mother with a written account of his travels.
(b) To document the effects of his illness.
(c) To fulfill the requirements of one of his classes at Canton.
(d) To celebrate and document his journey to Tarumi.
2. Who accompanies Stephen home from Canton?
(b) No one.
(d) His mother.
3. Why does Stephen go to Tarumi?
(a) His father wants him to learn about the import-export business.
(b) Stephen's sister is sick and he is sent away to avoid getting the disease.
(c) He is ill and is sent away for the cooler weather and to avoid infecting others.
(d) Stephen's mother is concerned he is becoming too reclusive.
4. What are described as the symptoms of the illness which affects Stephen's family?
(a) Itchy rashes and fever.
(b) Constant coughing and fever.
(c) Nausea and vomiting.
(d) Delirium and rashes.
5. Where does Stephen's father spend most of his time?
(c) Beach house in Tarumi.
This section contains 5,498 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)