|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This new experience encouraged Freddy to pursue a goal as a ____.
(c) Math teacher.
2. What was the name of the town where Freddy was sent?
(a) Mill Run.
3. Buechner's work does not talk of the fear of death but rather the ____ of it.
4. What type of weather must Buechner face against his will?
(b) Extreme heat.
5. What ailment was experienced by the one person Buechner wanted to speak to the most?
(b) Liver damage.
(c) Heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which artist is mentioned in this section?
2. As Buechner ages, his perception of ______ changes.
3. The person asks Buechner to meet him/her at which location?
4. The grandmother was known for seeking out the ______ qualities in people.
5. At this point in the story, Buechner decides to move to which city?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Buechner's "beyond time" moment with a former school friend. What is the realization that comes from the event?
2. Examine Freddy's new life in boarding school. How does Freddy relate to the other kids?
3. Discuss Freddy's basic training. What causes Freddy to make adjustments? What does Freddy learn?
4. Explain the atmosphere at Princeton. What is the cause of the students' feelings? How are they handled?
5. How does Freddy view Naya? What do the woman and the boy have in common? What is special about the woman?
6. What new goal does Freddy set at this time? What is the main hindrance to the goal?
7. Once again the Buechners are faced with a family tragedy. What is the tragedy? How does it affect Freddy?
8. The story about Naya foreshadows an issue faced by Buechner in years to come. What is the issue? Why does it occur?
9. Why did Freddy move to New York? What occurred shortly after his arrival?
10. What is Freddy's financial situation? What does he do about it?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)