|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of hat did grandpa wear?
2. What is the name of the pastor Buechner meets?
3. The enemy is referred to as being ______.
(a) Satan's doing.
(c) Weak and worthless.
(d) Evil Incarnate.
4. News soon reaches the family regarding which historic event?
(b) Presidential assassination.
(c) Pearl Harbor.
5. Where did Buechner teach?
(b) High school.
(c) Graduate school.
(d) Middle school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the surname of the family?
2. What had happened to the person's family members?
3. Freddy believed that looking at the _____ of things was easier.
4. What was the name of the town?
5. How does the benefactor die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Buechner's first book. What is the title? Who inspired the content? What is the main theme?
2. Examine Freddy's experience at the monastery. Did it turn out as planned?
3. What is Freddy's financial situation? What does he do about it?
4. How does Freddy view Naya? What do the woman and the boy have in common? What is special about the woman?
5. The story about Naya foreshadows an issue faced by Buechner in years to come. What is the issue? Why does it occur?
6. What positive event occurred at the end of the weekend at the monastery?
7. Discuss the situation between Freddy and the minister. What was the purpose of the meeting?
8. How does the movement into adulthood help Freddy to understand that there are significant moments in one's life?
9. How does this theme relate to Buechner's life?
10. Once again the Buechners are faced with a family tragedy. What is the tragedy? How does it affect Freddy?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)