|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first site of combat took place in a _____.
(a) Government installation.
(c) MASH unit.
(d) Fox hole.
2. As Buechner ages, his perception of ______ changes.
3. News soon reaches the family regarding which historic event?
(a) Presidential assassination.
(b) Pearl Harbor.
4. Buechner hopes one day to become a ______.
5. The person asks Buechner to meet him/her at which location?
(c) Train station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous work inspired the concept of the book?
2. Potentially significant events often hide themselves in _____.
3. Frederick also states that looking into the depths of a subject was often _____.
4. The author states that ______ is often responsible for significant moments in one's life.
5. What unusual grade does Freddy receive on one of his papers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the situation between Freddy and the minister. What was the purpose of the meeting?
2. Explain Buechner's "beyond time" moment with a former school friend. What is the realization that comes from the event?
3. How does Freddy compare Oz to a higher power?
4. What new goal does Freddy set at this time? What is the main hindrance to the goal?
5. How is the friend situation resolved? What does Freddy learn from the experience?
6. What do the woman and the boy have in common?
7. What positive event occurred at the end of the weekend at the monastery?
8. What is Freddy's financial situation? What does he do about it?
9. Discuss Buechner's first book. What is the title? Who inspired the content? What is the main theme?
10. What are some of Freddy's fear regarding his home life? What events take place to solidify those fears?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)