|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Buechner go for basic training?
(d) North Carolina.
2. In which state did the family live?
(c) North Carolina.
3. Where did Buechner go to college?
4. Significant events can be related to which of the following?
5. What was the name of the town where Freddy was sent?
(a) Mill Run.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food was Buechner eating when he had a breakthrough?
2. Who does Buechner approach for money?
3. There is a place that is even more ____ than the Land of Oz.
4. One of Buechner's most valuable lessons is that ____ is a gift.
5. Buechner refers to which one of his teachers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine Freddy's new life in boarding school. How does Freddy relate to the other kids?
2. How is the friend situation resolved? What does Freddy learn from the experience?
3. Explain Buechner's "beyond time" moment with a former school friend. What is the realization that comes from the event?
4. How does this theme relate to Buechner's life?
5. The story about Naya foreshadows an issue faced by Buechner in years to come. What is the issue? Why does it occur?
6. How does Freddy view Naya? What do the woman and the boy have in common? What is special about the woman?
7. What was Freddy's next step in finding answers to this new predicament?
8. What area does Freddy explore first? What is the result of the effort?
9. What happens to the Buechners after they leave Bermuda?
10. Why did Freddy move to New York? What occurred shortly after his arrival?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)