|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It does not take the author long to realize that ___ is empty.
(a) The procurement of material things.
2. Buechner puts off answering the person for how many minutes?
3. What word does Buechner use to describe his lunch guest?
4. Buechner begins to believe that one day _____ will change the way he sees the world.
5. What type of hat did grandpa wear?
Short Answer Questions
1. Buechner decides to spend the weekend at a _______.
2. Where does Buechner go for basic training?
3. One of Freddy's first steps is to do which of the following?
4. The experience taught Buechner that he will have to leave his ______.
5. Buechner takes a part-time job as a _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Once again the Buechners are faced with a family tragedy. What is the tragedy? How does it affect Freddy?
2. How does Buechner view the "beyond time" events that occur after he leaves Princeton?
3. Discuss Buechner's first book. What is the title? Who inspired the content? What is the main theme?
4. What happens to the Buechners after they leave Bermuda?
5. Explain the atmosphere at Princeton. What is the cause of the students' feelings? How are they handled?
6. Discuss the situation between Freddy and the minister. What was the purpose of the meeting?
7. Examine Freddy's experience at the monastery. Did it turn out as planned?
8. What positive event occurred at the end of the weekend at the monastery?
9. What did the author do after developing this new curiosity about Jesus and salvation?
10. What was Freddy's next step in finding answers to this new predicament?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)