|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All the characters seemed to be dying except for ______.
(a) Brother Thomas.
(b) Old lady Maroo.
(c) Old man Keister.
(d) Grandfather George.
2. What food was Buechner eating when he had a breakthrough?
3. What unusual grade does Freddy receive on one of his papers?
4. The author states that ______ is often responsible for significant moments in one's life.
5. It does not take the author long to realize that ___ is empty.
(c) The procurement of material things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the surname of the family?
2. Potentially significant events often hide themselves in _____.
3. Buechner puts off answering the person for how many minutes?
4. To which state was Freddy sent?
5. What is the name of the pastor Buechner meets?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the friend situation resolved? What does Freddy learn from the experience?
2. How does Freddy compare Oz to a higher power?
3. Once again the Buechners are faced with a family tragedy. What is the tragedy? How does it affect Freddy?
4. Discuss the influence of Mr. Martin on Freddy. What does Freddy learn from Martin? What step does Freddy take next?
5. What did the author do after developing this new curiosity about Jesus and salvation?
6. Examine Freddy's new life in boarding school. How does Freddy relate to the other kids?
7. What happens to the Buechners after they leave Bermuda?
8. How does religion begin to creep into Freddy's work? What comparisons are made to other works of art?
9. Examine the impact of the attack on Pearl Harbor as it affects the human spirit.
10. Discuss Buechner's first book. What is the title? Who inspired the content? What is the main theme?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)