|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years does it take Buechner to grieve over his father's death?
2. Buechner takes a part-time job as a _____.
3. Where did Buechner teach?
(a) High school.
(b) Middle school.
(d) Graduate school.
4. Where did Buechner go to college?
5. The grandmother was known for seeking out the ______ qualities in people.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of Buechner's most valuable lessons is that ____ is a gift.
2. What type of weather must Buechner face against his will?
3. The enemy is referred to as being ______.
4. Who did the family move in with after leaving the island?
5. Frederick also states that looking into the depths of a subject was often _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the atmosphere at Princeton. What is the cause of the students' feelings? How are they handled?
2. How does Freddy compare Oz to a higher power?
3. How does Freddy view Naya? What do the woman and the boy have in common? What is special about the woman?
4. How does religion begin to creep into Freddy's work? What comparisons are made to other works of art?
5. Why did Freddy move to New York? What occurred shortly after his arrival?
6. What was Freddy's next step in finding answers to this new predicament?
7. What new goal does Freddy set at this time? What is the main hindrance to the goal?
8. Explain Buechner's "beyond time" moment with a former school friend. What is the realization that comes from the event?
9. The story about Naya foreshadows an issue faced by Buechner in years to come. What is the issue? Why does it occur?
10. Examine Freddy's experience at the monastery. Did it turn out as planned?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)