|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buechner's main goal of the trip was to speak to a particularly wise ____.
(a) Dalai Lama.
2. Buechner says that the characters are dying from all but which of the following:
(d) Old age.
3. What word best describes Buechner as a child?
4. What type of furniture was referred to as being "ragged?"
(a) Folding chair.
5. Freddy believed that looking at the _____ of things was easier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major event colors the time period?
2. Buechner experienced what reaction when given orders?
3. The enemy is referred to as being ______.
4. At this point in the story, Buechner decides to move to which city?
5. What is the title of Buechner's first novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine the impact of the attack on Pearl Harbor as it affects the human spirit.
2. Discuss the influence of Mr. Martin on Freddy. What does Freddy learn from Martin? What step does Freddy take next?
3. How does Freddy compare Oz to a higher power?
4. Examine Freddy's experience at the monastery. Did it turn out as planned?
5. What are some of Freddy's fear regarding his home life? What events take place to solidify those fears?
6. How does this theme relate to Buechner's life?
7. How does religion begin to creep into Freddy's work? What comparisons are made to other works of art?
8. How is the friend situation resolved? What does Freddy learn from the experience?
9. What area does Freddy explore first? What is the result of the effort?
10. What positive event occurred at the end of the weekend at the monastery?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)