|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually Freddy's friendships are strong enough that he feels he can talk about which of the following?
(a) Obsession with Oz.
(b) Father's death.
(c) Future plans.
(d) The War.
2. In which state did the family live?
(b) North Carolina.
3. All the characters seemed to be dying except for ______.
(a) Old man Keister.
(b) Brother Thomas.
(c) Old lady Maroo.
(d) Grandfather George.
4. What word does Buechner use to describe his lunch guest?
5. What major event colors the time period?
(b) New Deal.
(c) Civil Rights movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which figure is often the focus of Freddy's early work?
2. Buechner puts off answering the person for how many minutes?
3. Who calls Buechner shortly before dinner is served?
4. This new experience encouraged Freddy to pursue a goal as a ____.
5. Freddy refers to the woman's observations as being:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Freddy's financial situation? What does he do about it?
2. What do the woman and the boy have in common?
3. What did the author do after developing this new curiosity about Jesus and salvation?
4. How is the friend situation resolved? What does Freddy learn from the experience?
5. Once again the Buechners are faced with a family tragedy. What is the tragedy? How does it affect Freddy?
6. What positive event occurred at the end of the weekend at the monastery?
7. Examine Freddy's new life in boarding school. How does Freddy relate to the other kids?
8. Discuss Freddy's basic training. What causes Freddy to make adjustments? What does Freddy learn?
9. Discuss Buechner's first book. What is the title? Who inspired the content? What is the main theme?
10. What new goal does Freddy set at this time? What is the main hindrance to the goal?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)