|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It does not take the author long to realize that ___ is empty.
(c) The procurement of material things.
2. The grandmother was known for seeking out the ______ qualities in people.
3. One of Freddy's first steps is to do which of the following?
(a) Learn about the law.
(b) Take a math test.
(c) Write poetry.
(d) Visit a museum.
4. The enemy is referred to as being ______.
(a) Satan's doing.
(b) Weak and worthless.
(c) Evil Incarnate.
5. Where did Buechner teach?
(a) Middle school.
(b) Graduate school.
(d) High school.
Short Answer Questions
1. The family had retired from which city?
2. The first site of combat took place in a _____.
3. All the characters seemed to be dying except for ______.
4. Frederick also states that looking into the depths of a subject was often _____.
5. Who wrote the inspirational work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Freddy's basic training. What causes Freddy to make adjustments? What does Freddy learn?
2. How does the movement into adulthood help Freddy to understand that there are significant moments in one's life?
3. Examine Freddy's experience at the monastery. Did it turn out as planned?
4. What new goal does Freddy set at this time? What is the main hindrance to the goal?
5. How does this theme relate to Buechner's life?
6. How does Freddy view Naya? What do the woman and the boy have in common? What is special about the woman?
7. Discuss the influence of Mr. Martin on Freddy. What does Freddy learn from Martin? What step does Freddy take next?
8. How does Freddy compare Oz to a higher power?
9. What is Freddy's financial situation? What does he do about it?
10. Examine the impact of the attack on Pearl Harbor as it affects the human spirit.
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)