|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The enemy is referred to as being ______.
(b) Weak and worthless.
(c) Evil Incarnate.
(d) Satan's doing.
2. Which of the following terms does Buechner use to describe forthcoming events?
(a) Beyond time.
(b) Around the corner.
(c) Fast forward.
(d) Up ahead.
3. Which figure is often the focus of Freddy's early work?
(b) Cowardly Lion.
4. It does not take the author long to realize that ___ is empty.
(a) The procurement of material things.
5. Once Buechner arrives in the city, he learns that he cannot ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. News soon reaches the family regarding which historic event?
2. What was the name of the town?
3. The experience taught Buechner that he will have to leave his ______.
4. Buechner hopes one day to become a ______.
5. What branch of the military does Buechner join?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Freddy move to New York? What occurred shortly after his arrival?
2. How does Freddy compare Oz to a higher power?
3. What is Freddy's financial situation? What does he do about it?
4. What do the woman and the boy have in common?
5. How does the movement into adulthood help Freddy to understand that there are significant moments in one's life?
6. What new goal does Freddy set at this time? What is the main hindrance to the goal?
7. Discuss Freddy's basic training. What causes Freddy to make adjustments? What does Freddy learn?
8. Examine Freddy's experience at the monastery. Did it turn out as planned?
9. What happens to Freddy after he is discharged from the Army?
10. Discuss the influence of Mr. Martin on Freddy. What does Freddy learn from Martin? What step does Freddy take next?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)