|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of weather must Buechner face against his will?
(a) Extreme heat.
2. Who was Buechner having dinner with when he received the phone call?
3. How many years does it take Buechner to grieve over his father's death?
4. Buechner's main goal of the trip was to speak to a particularly wise ____.
(d) Dalai Lama.
5. One of Freddy's first steps is to do which of the following?
(a) Visit a museum.
(b) Write poetry.
(c) Learn about the law.
(d) Take a math test.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eventually Freddy's friendships are strong enough that he feels he can talk about which of the following?
2. The grandmother was known for seeking out the ______ qualities in people.
3. What was the name of the town where Freddy was sent?
4. Where does Buechner go for basic training?
5. Who wrote the inspirational work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the atmosphere at Princeton. What is the cause of the students' feelings? How are they handled?
2. How is the friend situation resolved? What does Freddy learn from the experience?
3. What was Freddy's next step in finding answers to this new predicament?
4. What positive event occurred at the end of the weekend at the monastery?
5. How does Freddy compare Oz to a higher power?
6. How does Buechner view the "beyond time" events that occur after he leaves Princeton?
7. Discuss the influence of Mr. Martin on Freddy. What does Freddy learn from Martin? What step does Freddy take next?
8. Discuss the situation between Freddy and the minister. What was the purpose of the meeting?
9. What happens to the Buechners after they leave Bermuda?
10. What happens to Freddy after he is discharged from the Army?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)