|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the pastor Buechner meets?
2. Where does Buechner go for basic training?
(d) North Carolina.
3. Buechner begins to notice the ____ in each person's life.
4. What is the title of Buechner's first novel?
(a) In the Merry Old Land of Oz.
(b) A Long Day's Dying,
(c) Before the Storm.
(d) Once Upon a Time.
5. Buechner takes a part-time job as a _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first name of the woman?
2. The first site of combat took place in a _____.
3. At this point in the story, Buechner decides to move to which city?
4. The grandmother was known for seeking out the ______ qualities in people.
5. To which state was Freddy sent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What positive event occurred at the end of the weekend at the monastery?
2. Discuss the influence of Mr. Martin on Freddy. What does Freddy learn from Martin? What step does Freddy take next?
3. Examine Freddy's new life in boarding school. How does Freddy relate to the other kids?
4. Examine the impact of the attack on Pearl Harbor as it affects the human spirit.
5. How does Buechner view the "beyond time" events that occur after he leaves Princeton?
6. Once again the Buechners are faced with a family tragedy. What is the tragedy? How does it affect Freddy?
7. Discuss Buechner's first book. What is the title? Who inspired the content? What is the main theme?
8. What happens to the Buechners after they leave Bermuda?
9. What did the author do after developing this new curiosity about Jesus and salvation?
10. How does the movement into adulthood help Freddy to understand that there are significant moments in one's life?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)