|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buechner decides to spend the weekend at a _______.
(a) Mountain retreat.
2. What food was Buechner eating when he had a breakthrough?
3. How does the benefactor die?
(b) Struck by lightning.
(c) Car accident.
4. Buechner is asked if he has ever considered using his _____ for a higher purpose.
5. In what town does Freddy work?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Buechner's early efforts?
2. What was the first name of the woman?
3. What type of weather must Buechner face against his will?
4. At this point in the story, Buechner decides to move to which city?
5. Which vow have the members of the group taken?
Short Essay Questions
1. Once again the Buechners are faced with a family tragedy. What is the tragedy? How does it affect Freddy?
2. What happens to the Buechners after they leave Bermuda?
3. How is the friend situation resolved? What does Freddy learn from the experience?
4. What was Freddy's next step in finding answers to this new predicament?
5. How does Freddy compare Oz to a higher power?
6. What are some of Freddy's fear regarding his home life? What events take place to solidify those fears?
7. Discuss the influence of Mr. Martin on Freddy. What does Freddy learn from Martin? What step does Freddy take next?
8. What positive event occurred at the end of the weekend at the monastery?
9. What happens to Freddy after he is discharged from the Army?
10. What area does Freddy explore first? What is the result of the effort?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)