|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buechner says that the characters are dying from all but which of the following:
(d) Old age.
2. Once Buechner arrives in the city, he learns that he cannot ______.
3. Buechner's work does not talk of the fear of death but rather the ____ of it.
4. How does the benefactor die?
(a) Car accident.
(c) Struck by lightning.
5. A minister asks Buechner if he would consider working for the _____ of God and the Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. The person asks Buechner to meet him/her at which location?
2. Who calls Buechner shortly before dinner is served?
3. What type of weather must Buechner face against his will?
4. What is the main activity when students are not in class?
5. What unusual grade does Freddy receive on one of his papers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine Freddy's experience at the monastery. Did it turn out as planned?
2. Discuss the influence of Mr. Martin on Freddy. What does Freddy learn from Martin? What step does Freddy take next?
3. Discuss the situation between Freddy and the minister. What was the purpose of the meeting?
4. What happens to the Buechners after they leave Bermuda?
5. Discuss Buechner's first book. What is the title? Who inspired the content? What is the main theme?
6. What positive event occurred at the end of the weekend at the monastery?
7. What do the woman and the boy have in common?
8. Examine the impact of the attack on Pearl Harbor as it affects the human spirit.
9. How does the movement into adulthood help Freddy to understand that there are significant moments in one's life?
10. Discuss Freddy's basic training. What causes Freddy to make adjustments? What does Freddy learn?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)