|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first name of the woman?
2. Freddy refers to the woman's observations as being:
3. Potentially significant events often hide themselves in _____.
(a) Plain sight.
(c) Silver linings.
(d) Ordinary moments.
4. Mrs. Buechner decided that it was time for Freddy to go to ______.
(a) Summer camp.
(b) The Army.
(d) Boarding school.
5. This new experience encouraged Freddy to pursue a goal as a ____.
(c) Math teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Buechner use to describe his lunch guest?
2. What subject is the focus of the teacher's class?
3. How does the benefactor die?
4. The experience taught Buechner that he will have to leave his ______.
5. What is Freddy's next job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Freddy's financial situation? What does he do about it?
2. What do the woman and the boy have in common?
3. Examine Freddy's new life in boarding school. How does Freddy relate to the other kids?
4. How does Buechner view the "beyond time" events that occur after he leaves Princeton?
5. How does this theme relate to Buechner's life?
6. What are some of Freddy's fear regarding his home life? What events take place to solidify those fears?
7. What happens to the Buechners after they leave Bermuda?
8. Once again the Buechners are faced with a family tragedy. What is the tragedy? How does it affect Freddy?
9. What did the author do after developing this new curiosity about Jesus and salvation?
10. What new goal does Freddy set at this time? What is the main hindrance to the goal?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)