|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Buechner's book published?
2. What word is used to describe Freddy at this point in his life?
3. At long last, Buechner learns that he must _______ his weaknesses.
(c) Laugh at.
4. The experience taught Buechner that he will have to leave his ______.
(a) Comfort zone.
5. How does Freddy feel when he hesitates about making the trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. The first site of combat took place in a _____.
2. Frederick also states that looking into the depths of a subject was often _____.
3. To which state was Freddy sent?
4. One of Freddy's first steps is to do which of the following?
5. What was the name of the town where Freddy was sent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Buechner's "beyond time" moment with a former school friend. What is the realization that comes from the event?
2. Once again the Buechners are faced with a family tragedy. What is the tragedy? How does it affect Freddy?
3. What area does Freddy explore first? What is the result of the effort?
4. Discuss Buechner's first book. What is the title? Who inspired the content? What is the main theme?
5. What is Freddy's financial situation? What does he do about it?
6. What happens to the Buechners after they leave Bermuda?
7. Discuss Freddy's basic training. What causes Freddy to make adjustments? What does Freddy learn?
8. What positive event occurred at the end of the weekend at the monastery?
9. How is the friend situation resolved? What does Freddy learn from the experience?
10. How does Buechner view the "beyond time" events that occur after he leaves Princeton?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)