|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which state was Freddy sent?
(c) North Carolina.
(d) New Jersey.
2. What type of weather must Buechner face against his will?
(a) Extreme heat.
3. What branch of the military does Buechner join?
(c) Air Force.
4. Buechner's work does not talk of the fear of death but rather the ____ of it.
5. Once Buechner arrives in the city, he learns that he cannot ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the inspirational work?
2. At this point in the story, Buechner decides to move to which city?
3. By this point in the book, Buechner had been teaching for ____ years.
4. What is the name of the pastor Buechner meets?
5. Mrs. Buechner decided that it was time for Freddy to go to ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What new goal does Freddy set at this time? What is the main hindrance to the goal?
2. How does the movement into adulthood help Freddy to understand that there are significant moments in one's life?
3. What happens to the Buechners after they leave Bermuda?
4. What is Freddy's financial situation? What does he do about it?
5. How does Buechner view the "beyond time" events that occur after he leaves Princeton?
6. Examine Freddy's new life in boarding school. How does Freddy relate to the other kids?
7. Examine Freddy's experience at the monastery. Did it turn out as planned?
8. What are some of Freddy's fear regarding his home life? What events take place to solidify those fears?
9. How does this theme relate to Buechner's life?
10. The story about Naya foreshadows an issue faced by Buechner in years to come. What is the issue? Why does it occur?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)