|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freddy feel when he hesitates about making the trip?
2. What food was Buechner eating when he had a breakthrough?
3. A minister asks Buechner if he would consider working for the _____ of God and the Church.
4. All the characters seemed to be dying except for ______.
(a) Old lady Maroo.
(b) Old man Keister.
(c) Grandfather George.
(d) Brother Thomas.
5. In what year was Buechner's book published?
Short Answer Questions
1. Buechner's work does not talk of the fear of death but rather the ____ of it.
2. In what town does Freddy work?
3. By this point in the book, Buechner had been teaching for ____ years.
4. Who takes Buechner to lunch?
5. Once Buechner arrives in the city, he learns that he cannot ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Buechner means by the phrase "beyond time."
2. What was Freddy's next step in finding answers to this new predicament?
3. Once again the Buechners are faced with a family tragedy. What is the tragedy? How does it affect Freddy?
4. Examine Freddy's new life in boarding school. How does Freddy relate to the other kids?
5. What is Freddy's financial situation? What does he do about it?
6. What are some of Freddy's fear regarding his home life? What events take place to solidify those fears?
7. The story about Naya foreshadows an issue faced by Buechner in years to come. What is the issue? Why does it occur?
8. What did the author do after developing this new curiosity about Jesus and salvation?
9. How is the friend situation resolved? What does Freddy learn from the experience?
10. Explain Buechner's "beyond time" moment with a former school friend. What is the realization that comes from the event?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)