|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freddy feel when he hesitates about making the trip?
2. What is Freddy's next job?
3. To which state was Freddy sent?
(a) North Carolina.
(d) New Jersey.
4. Buechner begins to believe that one day _____ will change the way he sees the world.
5. Buechner's main goal of the trip was to speak to a particularly wise ____.
(d) Dalai Lama.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Buechner receive as he was preparing to leave for home?
2. Which artist is mentioned in this section?
3. Buechner hopes one day to become a ______.
4. This new experience encouraged Freddy to pursue a goal as a ____.
5. What was the name of the town?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Freddy compare Oz to a higher power?
2. Examine the impact of the attack on Pearl Harbor as it affects the human spirit.
3. What happens to Freddy after he is discharged from the Army?
4. How does Buechner view the "beyond time" events that occur after he leaves Princeton?
5. The story about Naya foreshadows an issue faced by Buechner in years to come. What is the issue? Why does it occur?
6. What are some of Freddy's fear regarding his home life? What events take place to solidify those fears?
7. Explain Buechner's "beyond time" moment with a former school friend. What is the realization that comes from the event?
8. What area does Freddy explore first? What is the result of the effort?
9. How does the movement into adulthood help Freddy to understand that there are significant moments in one's life?
10. Examine Freddy's experience at the monastery. Did it turn out as planned?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)