|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of weather must Buechner face against his will?
(b) Extreme heat.
2. Mrs. Buechner decided that it was time for Freddy to go to ______.
(b) Boarding school.
(c) Summer camp.
(d) The Army.
3. The enemy is referred to as being ______.
(b) Satan's doing.
(c) Weak and worthless.
(d) Evil Incarnate.
4. Buechner takes a part-time job as a _____.
5. What branch of the military does Buechner join?
(d) Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. The person asks Buechner to meet him/her at which location?
2. Who did the family move in with after leaving the island?
3. By this point in the book, Buechner had been teaching for ____ years.
4. How many years does it take Buechner to grieve over his father's death?
5. What food was Buechner eating when he had a breakthrough?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the situation between Freddy and the minister. What was the purpose of the meeting?
2. Examine the impact of the attack on Pearl Harbor as it affects the human spirit.
3. How does the movement into adulthood help Freddy to understand that there are significant moments in one's life?
4. What did the author do after developing this new curiosity about Jesus and salvation?
5. What new goal does Freddy set at this time? What is the main hindrance to the goal?
6. Discuss the influence of Mr. Martin on Freddy. What does Freddy learn from Martin? What step does Freddy take next?
7. What is Freddy's financial situation? What does he do about it?
8. How does Buechner view the "beyond time" events that occur after he leaves Princeton?
9. The story about Naya foreshadows an issue faced by Buechner in years to come. What is the issue? Why does it occur?
10. How is the friend situation resolved? What does Freddy learn from the experience?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)