|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first site of combat took place in a _____.
(b) Fox hole.
(c) Government installation.
(d) MASH unit.
2. Buechner decides to spend the weekend at a _______.
(a) Mountain retreat.
3. What is the name of the pastor Buechner meets?
4. What subject is the focus of the teacher's class?
5. What was the name of the town where Freddy was sent?
(c) Mill Run.
Short Answer Questions
1. Buechner puts off answering the person for how many minutes?
2. One of Buechner's most valuable lessons is that ____ is a gift.
3. What type of furniture was referred to as being "ragged?"
4. Which of the following terms does Buechner use to describe forthcoming events?
5. What unusual grade does Freddy receive on one of his papers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the friend situation resolved? What does Freddy learn from the experience?
2. How does Freddy compare Oz to a higher power?
3. Discuss Freddy's basic training. What causes Freddy to make adjustments? What does Freddy learn?
4. Explain Buechner's "beyond time" moment with a former school friend. What is the realization that comes from the event?
5. What positive event occurred at the end of the weekend at the monastery?
6. What new goal does Freddy set at this time? What is the main hindrance to the goal?
7. Discuss the influence of Mr. Martin on Freddy. What does Freddy learn from Martin? What step does Freddy take next?
8. How does the movement into adulthood help Freddy to understand that there are significant moments in one's life?
9. Explain the atmosphere at Princeton. What is the cause of the students' feelings? How are they handled?
10. What did the author do after developing this new curiosity about Jesus and salvation?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)