|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buechner recalls the lectures that had taken place ____ years earlier.
2. What hymn was often sung to Freddy and his brother?
(a) Rock of Ages.
(b) When the Saints Go Marching in.
(c) Amazing Grace.
(d) Old Rugged Cross.
3. What was the girl's name?
4. Everyone should be conscious of what the ____ is/are trying to tell us.
5. Buechner recalls that the empty house was as frail as _____.
(b) Rose petals.
(d) Onion skins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Freddy's nurse?
2. The family traveled to which island?
3. What unusual item did the family have in the house?
4. Where did Mr. Buechner grow up?
5. In what country did the Buechner family originate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Buechner's first book. What is the title? Who inspired the content? What is the main theme?
2. Discuss the influence of Mr. Martin on Freddy. What does Freddy learn from Martin? What step does Freddy take next?
3. Explain what Buechner means by the phrase "beyond time."
4. Examine Freddy's new life in boarding school. How does Freddy relate to the other kids?
5. How does Buechner refer to the exact moment when time begins to exist for him?
6. How does Freddy carry this character into his future studies and beliefs?
7. Who is Mrs. Taylor? What was her relationship to Freddy?
8. Discuss Freddy's stay in Bermuda. Why did the family have to leave?
9. What is Buechner's reference to Eden regarding childhood mentality?
10. How does Freddy view Naya? What do the woman and the boy have in common? What is special about the woman?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)