|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the maid?
2. How old is Freddy when he begins to write his memoir?
3. What major event caused the upheaval of the Buechner family?
(a) World War I.
(b) World War II.
(c) Presidential assassination.
(d) Stock Market Crash.
4. Buechner refers to which one of his other books?
(a) A Long Day's Dying.
(b) The Alphabet of Grace.
(c) Lion Country.
(d) Final Feast.
5. The family traveled to which island?
(d) St. Kitts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Grandmother's father?
2. This behavior may indicate which characteristic in Freddy?
3. Buechner feels which emotion regarding his grandmother's future?
4. Who made a special trip to join the family for the day?
5. Buechner recalls that the empty house was as frail as _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the reference Buechner makes to Dylan Thomas. Which poem is mentioned? What is the theme explored by Buechner?
2. Explain the atmosphere at Princeton. What is the cause of the students' feelings? How are they handled?
3. What situations have been faced by Grandma Buechner? What is the woman's personality?
4. How is the friend situation resolved? What does Freddy learn from the experience?
5. How does Buechner view the "beyond time" events that occur after he leaves Princeton?
6. How does Freddy view Naya? What do the woman and the boy have in common? What is special about the woman?
7. Why does Buechner use Eden as a reference? How does it relate to the way people see the world? What is the main difference between the views of adults and children?
8. Discuss Buechner's first book. What is the title? Who inspired the content? What is the main theme?
9. How does this theme relate to Buechner's life?
10. What new goal does Freddy set at this time? What is the main hindrance to the goal?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)