|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the author's famous spouse?
2. Freddy believes that it is possible to hear even through everyday _____.
3. A person's interaction with another leaves a long lasting mark on one's _____.
4. Buechner feels which emotion regarding his grandmother's future?
5. What was Freddy's favorite place to visit as a child?
(b) Gilligan's Island.
(c) Tarzan's jungle.
(d) Land of Oz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made a special trip to join the family for the day?
2. Freddy begins to reminisce about which of the following?
3. Mr. Buechner left which of the following in a book?
4. The author refers to the moves that took place during which time period?
5. The author uses the poem to refer to the _____ of one's early childhood.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the nomadic behavior of the Buechner family when Freddy was a child.
2. How does Freddy carry this character into his future studies and beliefs?
3. Discuss the duplicity of Freddy's father and how it affects the child.
4. What is Buechner's reference to Eden regarding childhood mentality?
5. What is the first sign that the world is not always a safe place for little Freddy?
6. Who is Frederick Buechner? Why is this book important?
7. Discuss the presence of Grandma Buechner. How close is the family to the grandmother?
8. Discuss Freddy's stay in Bermuda. Why did the family have to leave?
9. How does the lack of a permanent home affect the author?
10. Discuss Freddy's favorite book as a child. Which character was Freddy's favorite?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)