|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buechner often told people his father died from which of the following?
(a) War wounds.
(b) Heart trouble.
2. How did Mr. Buechner die?
(d) Car accident.
3. What was the girl's name?
4. A person's interaction with another leaves a long lasting mark on one's _____.
5. What major event caused the upheaval of the Buechner family?
(a) Stock Market Crash.
(b) Presidential assassination.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
Short Answer Questions
1. Buechner believes that the meaning of life can come to us through which of the following?
2. In which industry did the Buechners make their money?
3. Where is the one place that Freddy feels most at home?
4. This behavior may indicate which characteristic in Freddy?
5. Buechner talks about the cold weather they faced while driving through which mountain range?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Buechner use Eden as a reference? How does it relate to the way people see the world? What is the main difference between the views of adults and children?
2. What is Buechner's advice to his readers?
3. What was the purpose of writing a memoir at such a young age?
4. What is Buechner's reference to Eden regarding childhood mentality?
5. Discuss the scenario around the death of Freddy's father.
6. In the author's mind, how does a person leave an indelible mark on another's soul?
7. What is the common thread between Freddy's sudden departure, his father's death and "Gone With The Wind?"
8. Discuss Freddy's stay in Bermuda. Why did the family have to leave?
9. Explain the nomadic behavior of the Buechner family when Freddy was a child.
10. Who is Mrs. Taylor? What was her relationship to Freddy?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)