|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Jamie?
2. What was the character's name?
3. The region is a fictional place created by which author?
4. The author refers to the moves that took place during which time period?
(a) Post-War America.
(b) The New Deal.
(c) Great Depression.
(d) Watergate era.
5. The clock on Buechner's wall was shaped like which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which industry did the Buechners make their money?
2. Buechner recalls that the empty house was as frail as _____.
3. Which poet does Freddy refer to regarding the memories?
4. What is Grandmother Buechner's first name?
5. Buechner compares theology to which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Buechner's advice to his readers?
2. Why does Buechner use Eden as a reference? How does it relate to the way people see the world? What is the main difference between the views of adults and children?
3. Discuss the scenario around the death of Freddy's father.
4. Discuss Freddy's stay in Bermuda. Why did the family have to leave?
5. Discuss the duplicity of Freddy's father and how it affects the child.
6. What is the first sign that the world is not always a safe place for little Freddy?
7. What was the purpose of writing a memoir at such a young age?
8. What is Freddy's opinion regarding the memories of the dead?
9. Who is Mrs. Taylor? What was her relationship to Freddy?
10. How does Freddy's dependency upon his parents affect him in a negative way?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)