|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What issue causes the Buechner family to move a lot?
(d) Criminal activity.
2. Freddy compared the island to which of the following?
(b) Grandmother's house.
3. What was the name of the author's famous spouse?
4. Which of the following is not one of the things that could flatten the house in seconds?
5. The woman used to fascinate Freddy by playing with which item?
(b) Go cart.
(d) False teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Grandmother Buechner's first name?
2. The author says that he attempted to listen to how many days in his life?
3. Buechner believes that the meaning of life can come to us through which of the following?
4. Anna called to say that she had broken the bone in her _____.
5. Buechner refers to which one of his other books?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Buechner's thoughts regarding adulthood and emotional maturity?
2. Who is Mrs. Taylor? What was her relationship to Freddy?
3. Why does Buechner use Eden as a reference? How does it relate to the way people see the world? What is the main difference between the views of adults and children?
4. Explain the nomadic behavior of the Buechner family when Freddy was a child.
5. What is Freddy's opinion of his father?
6. What is the first sign that the world is not always a safe place for little Freddy?
7. Discuss the presence of Grandma Buechner. How close is the family to the grandmother?
8. How does Buechner refer to the exact moment when time begins to exist for him?
9. What is Buechner's advice to his readers?
10. What does Freddy most admire about Grandma Buechner? How does Freddy view the relationship between mother and daughter-in-law?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)