|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unusual item did the family have in the house?
(a) Roulette wheel.
(d) Barbecue pit.
2. Buechner gave a series of lectures at which prestigious school?
3. Unlike adults children are able to understand and celebrate the concept of ____.
4. In what country did the Buechner family originate?
5. What was the name of Grandmother's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. Buechner talks about the presence of two men in the house. What were the men doing that made noise?
2. This behavior may indicate which characteristic in Freddy?
3. Where is the one place that Freddy feels most at home?
4. What was the planned event for the day?
5. Buechner refers to which type of bird?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the presence of Grandma Buechner. How close is the family to the grandmother?
2. Discuss the duplicity of Freddy's father and how it affects the child.
3. Discuss Freddy's favorite book as a child. Which character was Freddy's favorite?
4. Describe Buechner's experience during the morning when he was attempting to ignore the sound of the carpenters working in the house.
5. Who is Mrs. Taylor? What was her relationship to Freddy?
6. In the author's mind, how does a person leave an indelible mark on another's soul?
7. What is Buechner's advice to his readers?
8. How is the death of Freddy's father foreshadowed? How is it related to the rest of the author's life?
9. What situations have been faced by Grandma Buechner? What is the woman's personality?
10. How does Freddy carry this character into his future studies and beliefs?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)