|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buechner talks about the cold weather they faced while driving through which mountain range?
2. The region is a fictional place created by which author?
3. The author fears that his grandmother may be doomed without _____.
(a) Her family.
(d) A plan.
4. Freddy compares his grandmother to which object?
5. Buechner believed that if his father died the ________.
(a) Crops would fail.
(b) Family's soul would vanish.
(c) Earth would die.
(d) Sun would explode.
Short Answer Questions
1. Buechner refers to himself as more of a(n) than a theologian.
2. Anna called to say that she had broken the bone in her _____.
3. What is the nickname for Buechner's brother?
4. Which word is not used when regarding Grandmother's stubborn traits?
5. What smell does Buechner associate with his grandmother's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Buechner's experience during the morning when he was attempting to ignore the sound of the carpenters working in the house.
2. How is the death of Freddy's father foreshadowed? How is it related to the rest of the author's life?
3. In the author's mind, how does a person leave an indelible mark on another's soul?
4. How does Freddy's dependency upon his parents affect him in a negative way?
5. What is Buechner's reference to Eden regarding childhood mentality?
6. What are Buechner's thoughts regarding adulthood and emotional maturity?
7. What is Freddy's opinion regarding the memories of the dead?
8. Did Buechner leave a suicide note? If so, where was it left and what did it say?
9. What is Freddy's opinion of his father?
10. What is Buechner's advice to his readers?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)