Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buechner refers to himself as more of a(n) than a theologian.
2. What was the name of the author's famous spouse?
3. Buechner often told people his father died from which of the following?
(a) War wounds.
(d) Heart trouble.
4. What is the name of the maid?
5. Buechner recalls the lectures that had taken place ____ years earlier.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author lists which of the following as one of his greatest childhood fears?
2. The author recalls snacking on ____ chocolate and French bread.
3. In later years, Freddy would come to like characters _____ of his childhood favorite.
4. What was the character's name?
5. What was the name of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Buechner means by the phrase "beyond time."
2. Explain the nomadic behavior of the Buechner family when Freddy was a child.
3. What do the woman and the boy have in common?
4. Examine the author's tale of the suppression of grief following his father's death. How does the family run away from the situation?
5. In the author's mind, how does a person leave an indelible mark on another's soul?
6. What is Freddy's financial situation? What does he do about it?
7. How does Freddy view Naya? What do the woman and the boy have in common? What is special about the woman?
8. Discuss Freddy's stay in Bermuda. Why did the family have to leave?
9. What was Freddy's next step in finding answers to this new predicament?
10. How does Freddy compare Oz to a higher power?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)