|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color were the slacks Mr. Buechner was wearing?
2. Buechner believes that the meaning of life can come to us through which of the following?
3. Which memento is not mentioned by the author?
(b) Family bible.
(c) Home movies.
4. The author fears that his grandmother may be doomed without _____.
(b) Her family.
(c) A plan.
5. Everyone should be conscious of what the ____ is/are trying to tell us.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the body found?
2. Which poet does Freddy refer to regarding the memories?
3. Buechner compares theology to which of the following?
4. What was the name of Grandmother's father?
5. Which of the following is not one of the things that could flatten the house in seconds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the common thread between Freddy's sudden departure, his father's death and "Gone With The Wind?"
2. What are Buechner's thoughts regarding adulthood and emotional maturity?
3. How is the death of Freddy's father foreshadowed? How is it related to the rest of the author's life?
4. How does Buechner refer to the exact moment when time begins to exist for him?
5. Discuss the reference Buechner makes to Dylan Thomas. Which poem is mentioned? What is the theme explored by Buechner?
6. Discuss the scenario around the death of Freddy's father.
7. Discuss Freddy's favorite book as a child. Which character was Freddy's favorite?
8. What is Freddy's opinion regarding the memories of the dead?
9. Discuss the duplicity of Freddy's father and how it affects the child.
10. Why does Buechner use Eden as a reference? How does it relate to the way people see the world? What is the main difference between the views of adults and children?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)