|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freddy begins to reminisce about which of the following?
(b) School days.
(d) Best friend.
2. Which poet does Freddy refer to regarding the memories?
3. Unlike adults children are able to understand and celebrate the concept of ____.
4. Buechner refers to which one of his other books?
(a) Lion Country.
(b) A Long Day's Dying.
(c) Final Feast.
(d) The Alphabet of Grace.
5. The author lists which of the following as one of his greatest childhood fears?
(a) The dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Buechner refers to himself as more of a(n) than a theologian.
2. The author fears that his grandmother may be doomed without _____.
3. What hymn was often sung to Freddy and his brother?
4. Freddy compares his grandmother to which object?
5. In what country did the Buechner family originate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the scenario around the death of Freddy's father.
2. What is Buechner's reference to Eden regarding childhood mentality?
3. What is Freddy's opinion regarding the memories of the dead?
4. How does the lack of a permanent home affect the author?
5. Why does Buechner use Eden as a reference? How does it relate to the way people see the world? What is the main difference between the views of adults and children?
6. How does Freddy carry this character into his future studies and beliefs?
7. What are Buechner's thoughts regarding adulthood and emotional maturity?
8. How does Buechner refer to the exact moment when time begins to exist for him?
9. Discuss the reference Buechner makes to Dylan Thomas. Which poem is mentioned? What is the theme explored by Buechner?
10. Did Buechner leave a suicide note? If so, where was it left and what did it say?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)