|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author casts the adoration for this favorite character upon which biblical figure?
2. The author refers to the moves that took place during which time period?
(a) Post-War America.
(b) Watergate era.
(c) Great Depression.
(d) The New Deal.
3. What was the character's name?
4. Which famous author was acquainted with Buechner's father?
5. Buechner believes that the meaning of life can come to us through which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author uses the poem to refer to the _____ of one's early childhood.
2. The author believes that a person's _____ will always change.
3. Which of these things is not mentioned as being absent from paradise?
4. Freddy feels it is important to know what ____ is saying.
5. Which world leader is mentioned in this section of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Taylor? What was her relationship to Freddy?
2. How does Buechner refer to the exact moment when time begins to exist for him?
3. What was the purpose of writing a memoir at such a young age?
4. Discuss Freddy's stay in Bermuda. Why did the family have to leave?
5. What is the common thread between Freddy's sudden departure, his father's death and "Gone With The Wind?"
6. What are Buechner's thoughts regarding adulthood and emotional maturity?
7. Did Buechner leave a suicide note? If so, where was it left and what did it say?
8. What is Buechner's advice to his readers?
9. How does Freddy carry this character into his future studies and beliefs?
10. Who is Frederick Buechner? Why is this book important?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)