|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Everyone should be conscious of what the ____ is/are trying to tell us.
2. Buechner's grandmother's house was located in which state?
3. The author lists which of the following as one of his greatest childhood fears?
(d) The dark.
4. What is the nickname for Buechner's brother?
5. What word is used as a synonym for "boring?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What issue causes the Buechner family to move a lot?
2. What unusual item did the family have in the house?
3. A person's interaction with another leaves a long lasting mark on one's _____.
4. The author says that he attempted to listen to how many days in his life?
5. What was the name of the author's famous spouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did Buechner leave a suicide note? If so, where was it left and what did it say?
2. What is Buechner's reference to Eden regarding childhood mentality?
3. What came out of this experience regarding the noise in a person's every day life?
4. Who is Mrs. Taylor? What was her relationship to Freddy?
5. What is the first sign that the world is not always a safe place for little Freddy?
6. What is Buechner's advice to his readers?
7. How does Buechner refer to the exact moment when time begins to exist for him?
8. What is Freddy's opinion regarding the memories of the dead?
9. How does Freddy carry this character into his future studies and beliefs?
10. Who is Frederick Buechner? Why is this book important?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)