|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In later years, Freddy would come to like characters _____ of his childhood favorite.
(d) In lieu.
2. What color were the slacks Mr. Buechner was wearing?
3. This behavior may indicate which characteristic in Freddy?
4. Freddy begins to reminisce about which of the following?
(a) School days.
(c) Best friend.
5. What was the name of the book?
(a) Land of Oz.
(b) Gone With the Wind.
(c) Grapes of Wrath.
(d) Old Man and the Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Buechner's grandmother's house was located in which state?
2. Buechner talks about the cold weather they faced while driving through which mountain range?
3. What was the name of the author's famous spouse?
4. In which industry did the Buechners make their money?
5. What unusual item did the family have in the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Buechner refer to the exact moment when time begins to exist for him?
2. In the author's mind, how does a person leave an indelible mark on another's soul?
3. Why does Buechner use Eden as a reference? How does it relate to the way people see the world? What is the main difference between the views of adults and children?
4. What is the common thread between Freddy's sudden departure, his father's death and "Gone With The Wind?"
5. How is the death of Freddy's father foreshadowed? How is it related to the rest of the author's life?
6. How does Freddy's dependency upon his parents affect him in a negative way?
7. What is Buechner's advice to his readers?
8. What is Freddy's opinion regarding the memories of the dead?
9. Discuss the duplicity of Freddy's father and how it affects the child.
10. What was the purpose of writing a memoir at such a young age?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)