|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Grandmother Buechner's first name?
2. The author lists which of the following as one of his greatest childhood fears?
(a) The dark.
3. What was the name of the book?
(a) Gone With the Wind.
(b) Old Man and the Sea.
(c) Grapes of Wrath.
(d) Land of Oz.
4. Which of the following is not one of the things that could flatten the house in seconds?
5. Buechner talks about the cold weather they faced while driving through which mountain range?
Short Answer Questions
1. What unusual item did the family have in the house?
2. The author uses the poem to refer to the _____ of one's early childhood.
3. In which industry did the Buechners make their money?
4. What was the girl's name?
5. What is the nickname for Buechner's brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Buechner's thoughts regarding adulthood and emotional maturity?
2. In the author's mind, how does a person leave an indelible mark on another's soul?
3. What was the purpose of writing a memoir at such a young age?
4. Who is Frederick Buechner? Why is this book important?
5. How does the lack of a permanent home affect the author?
6. How does Buechner refer to the exact moment when time begins to exist for him?
7. Discuss the scenario around the death of Freddy's father.
8. What came out of this experience regarding the noise in a person's every day life?
9. Did Buechner leave a suicide note? If so, where was it left and what did it say?
10. How does Freddy's dependency upon his parents affect him in a negative way?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)