|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buechner gave a series of lectures at which prestigious school?
2. Where is the one place that Freddy feels most at home?
(b) Grandmother's house.
3. This behavior may indicate which characteristic in Freddy?
4. On what day of the week does this section begin?
5. Anna called to say that she had broken the bone in her _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Buechner often told people his father died from which of the following?
2. What is the name of the poem used?
3. Buechner also believes that the _____ continue to change.
4. Buechner's grandmother's house was located in which state?
5. What name does the author use when referring to paradise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Buechner's advice to his readers?
2. Discuss the presence of Grandma Buechner. How close is the family to the grandmother?
3. Explain the nomadic behavior of the Buechner family when Freddy was a child.
4. How does Buechner refer to the exact moment when time begins to exist for him?
5. How is the death of Freddy's father foreshadowed? How is it related to the rest of the author's life?
6. How does the lack of a permanent home affect the author?
7. What situations have been faced by Grandma Buechner? What is the woman's personality?
8. What is Freddy's opinion regarding the memories of the dead?
9. What came out of this experience regarding the noise in a person's every day life?
10. Discuss the scenario around the death of Freddy's father.
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)