|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mr. Buechner grow up?
(c) New York City.
2. What was the name of the book?
(a) Grapes of Wrath.
(b) Gone With the Wind.
(c) Old Man and the Sea.
(d) Land of Oz.
3. Buechner also believes that the _____ continue to change.
4. Buechner refers to which type of bird?
5. What was the name of Freddy's nurse?
Short Answer Questions
1. Freddy believes that it is possible to hear even through everyday _____.
2. How old is Freddy when he begins to write his memoir?
3. On what day of the week does this section begin?
4. Freddy claims that _______ the moment he learned of his father's death.
5. The author lists which of the following as one of his greatest childhood fears?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine the author's tale of the suppression of grief following his father's death. How does the family run away from the situation?
2. What is the first sign that the world is not always a safe place for little Freddy?
3. How is the death of Freddy's father foreshadowed? How is it related to the rest of the author's life?
4. What is Freddy's opinion regarding the memories of the dead?
5. How does Freddy's dependency upon his parents affect him in a negative way?
6. Discuss Freddy's favorite book as a child. Which character was Freddy's favorite?
7. What is the common thread between Freddy's sudden departure, his father's death and "Gone With The Wind?"
8. What does Freddy most admire about Grandma Buechner? How does Freddy view the relationship between mother and daughter-in-law?
9. How does the lack of a permanent home affect the author?
10. What situations have been faced by Grandma Buechner? What is the woman's personality?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)