|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is used to describe the character?
2. What was the planned event for the day?
(a) Football game.
(c) Day at the beach.
3. What was Freddy's favorite place to visit as a child?
(a) Gilligan's Island.
(b) Land of Oz.
(c) Tarzan's jungle.
4. The author lists which of the following as one of his greatest childhood fears?
(b) The dark.
5. Unlike adults children are able to understand and celebrate the concept of ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word is not used when regarding Grandmother's stubborn traits?
2. What color were the slacks Mr. Buechner was wearing?
3. Buechner often told people his father died from which of the following?
4. A person's interaction with another leaves a long lasting mark on one's _____.
5. Buechner recalls the lectures that had taken place ____ years earlier.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Buechner refer to the exact moment when time begins to exist for him?
2. Discuss Freddy's favorite book as a child. Which character was Freddy's favorite?
3. What are Buechner's thoughts regarding adulthood and emotional maturity?
4. What is Buechner's advice to his readers?
5. How is the death of Freddy's father foreshadowed? How is it related to the rest of the author's life?
6. What situations have been faced by Grandma Buechner? What is the woman's personality?
7. Discuss the presence of Grandma Buechner. How close is the family to the grandmother?
8. Discuss the duplicity of Freddy's father and how it affects the child.
9. What came out of this experience regarding the noise in a person's every day life?
10. Examine the author's tale of the suppression of grief following his father's death. How does the family run away from the situation?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)