|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buechner also believes that the _____ continue to change.
2. What was Freddy's favorite place to visit as a child?
(b) Gilligan's Island.
(c) Tarzan's jungle.
(d) Land of Oz.
3. Buechner refers to which one of his other books?
(a) Final Feast.
(b) The Alphabet of Grace.
(c) Lion Country.
(d) A Long Day's Dying.
4. Buechner talks about the presence of two men in the house. What were the men doing that made noise?
(b) Playing music.
(c) Watching TV.
5. What unusual item did the family have in the house?
(a) Barbecue pit.
(c) Roulette wheel.
Short Answer Questions
1. This behavior may indicate which characteristic in Freddy?
2. What name does the author use when referring to paradise?
3. How did Mr. Buechner die?
4. What color were the slacks Mr. Buechner was wearing?
5. The clock on Buechner's wall was shaped like which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What came out of this experience regarding the noise in a person's every day life?
2. What situations have been faced by Grandma Buechner? What is the woman's personality?
3. What is Freddy's opinion of his father?
4. How does Buechner refer to the exact moment when time begins to exist for him?
5. How does Freddy carry this character into his future studies and beliefs?
6. Discuss the presence of Grandma Buechner. How close is the family to the grandmother?
7. Did Buechner leave a suicide note? If so, where was it left and what did it say?
8. What are Buechner's thoughts regarding adulthood and emotional maturity?
9. How does the lack of a permanent home affect the author?
10. Discuss Freddy's stay in Bermuda. Why did the family have to leave?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)