|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the author's famous spouse?
2. Buechner refers to which one of his other books?
(a) Final Feast.
(b) Lion Country.
(c) The Alphabet of Grace.
(d) A Long Day's Dying.
3. Buechner refers to which type of bird?
4. The author recalls snacking on ____ chocolate and French bread.
5. What word is used as a synonym for "boring?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Freddy's nurse?
2. Buechner's grandmother's house was located in which state?
3. Buechner believed that if his father died the ________.
4. Buechner talks about the cold weather they faced while driving through which mountain range?
5. What was the name of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine Freddy's new life in boarding school. How does Freddy relate to the other kids?
2. How does the lack of a permanent home affect the author?
3. Discuss the presence of Grandma Buechner. How close is the family to the grandmother?
4. What is Freddy's opinion regarding the memories of the dead?
5. What happens to Freddy after he is discharged from the Army?
6. Describe Buechner's experience during the morning when he was attempting to ignore the sound of the carpenters working in the house.
7. How does this theme relate to Buechner's life?
8. Once again the Buechners are faced with a family tragedy. What is the tragedy? How does it affect Freddy?
9. How does Buechner view the "beyond time" events that occur after he leaves Princeton?
10. How is the friend situation resolved? What does Freddy learn from the experience?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)