|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which poet does Freddy refer to regarding the memories?
2. Buechner refers to which one of his other books?
(a) Lion Country.
(b) A Long Day's Dying.
(c) Final Feast.
(d) The Alphabet of Grace.
3. Freddy begins to reminisce about which of the following?
(a) School days.
(c) Best friend.
4. What was the girl's name?
5. Which person of great wealth is mentioned in the story?
(a) Donald Trump.
(b) King Croesus.
(c) Bill Gates.
(d) King Midas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the character's name?
2. Buechner believed that if his father died the ________.
3. Freddy claims that _______ the moment he learned of his father's death.
4. What was the name of the book?
5. What hymn was often sung to Freddy and his brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the common thread between Freddy's sudden departure, his father's death and "Gone With The Wind?"
2. Discuss Freddy's favorite book as a child. Which character was Freddy's favorite?
3. How does the lack of a permanent home affect the author?
4. Discuss the scenario around the death of Freddy's father.
5. What is the first sign that the world is not always a safe place for little Freddy?
6. What are Buechner's thoughts regarding adulthood and emotional maturity?
7. Who is Mrs. Taylor? What was her relationship to Freddy?
8. What does Freddy most admire about Grandma Buechner? How does Freddy view the relationship between mother and daughter-in-law?
9. What was the purpose of writing a memoir at such a young age?
10. Discuss the presence of Grandma Buechner. How close is the family to the grandmother?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)