|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buechner recalls that the empty house was as frail as _____.
(a) Rose petals.
(d) Onion skins.
2. The author refers to the moves that took place during which time period?
(a) The New Deal.
(b) Great Depression.
(c) Post-War America.
(d) Watergate era.
3. The author fears that his grandmother may be doomed without _____.
(b) A plan.
(c) Her family.
4. Buechner talks about the cold weather they faced while driving through which mountain range?
5. On what day of the week does this section begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the maid?
2. Which memento is not mentioned by the author?
3. Mr. Buechner left which of the following in a book?
4. Buechner believed that if his father died the ________.
5. In which industry did the Buechners make their money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Taylor? What was her relationship to Freddy?
2. What is Freddy's opinion regarding the memories of the dead?
3. Discuss the scenario around the death of Freddy's father.
4. Why does Buechner use Eden as a reference? How does it relate to the way people see the world? What is the main difference between the views of adults and children?
5. What came out of this experience regarding the noise in a person's every day life?
6. What is Buechner's advice to his readers?
7. What was the purpose of writing a memoir at such a young age?
8. Discuss the reference Buechner makes to Dylan Thomas. Which poem is mentioned? What is the theme explored by Buechner?
9. What is Buechner's reference to Eden regarding childhood mentality?
10. What situations have been faced by Grandma Buechner? What is the woman's personality?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)