|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the planned event for the day?
(a) Day at the beach.
(b) Football game.
2. What was the name of Grandmother's father?
3. Buechner recalls that the empty house was as frail as _____.
(a) Onion skins.
(c) Rose petals.
4. The author lists which of the following as one of his greatest childhood fears?
(d) The dark.
5. What is Grandmother Buechner's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author believes that a person's _____ will always change.
2. The author says that he attempted to listen to how many days in his life?
3. What movie did the kids see?
4. Buechner compares theology to which of the following?
5. Buechner also believes that the _____ continue to change.
Short Essay Questions
1. In the author's mind, how does a person leave an indelible mark on another's soul?
2. Examine the author's tale of the suppression of grief following his father's death. How does the family run away from the situation?
3. Discuss the reference Buechner makes to Dylan Thomas. Which poem is mentioned? What is the theme explored by Buechner?
4. What is Buechner's advice to his readers?
5. Discuss the duplicity of Freddy's father and how it affects the child.
6. Who is Frederick Buechner? Why is this book important?
7. Discuss the scenario around the death of Freddy's father.
8. Discuss the presence of Grandma Buechner. How close is the family to the grandmother?
9. What is Freddy's opinion regarding the memories of the dead?
10. Discuss Freddy's favorite book as a child. Which character was Freddy's favorite?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)