|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which figure is often the focus of Freddy's early work?
(d) Cowardly Lion.
2. Which of the following terms does Buechner use to describe forthcoming events?
(a) Up ahead.
(b) Around the corner.
(c) Beyond time.
(d) Fast forward.
3. Buechner begins to notice the ____ in each person's life.
4. What is Freddy's next job?
5. One of Buechner's most valuable lessons is that ____ is a gift.
6. Where does Buechner go for basic training?
(a) North Carolina.
7. What type of hat did grandpa wear?
8. There is a place that is even more ____ than the Land of Oz.
9. What was the surname of the family?
10. The author states that ______ is often responsible for significant moments in one's life.
11. Where does Buechner travel to ask for the favor?
(a) New York.
12. The experience taught Buechner that he will have to leave his ______.
(b) Comfort zone.
13. By this point in the book, Buechner had been teaching for ____ years.
14. What type of furniture was referred to as being "ragged?"
(a) Folding chair.
15. Buechner experienced what reaction when given orders?
(a) Panic attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Buechner's early efforts?
2. What subject is the focus of the teacher's class?
3. What language does Buechner study?
4. What famous work inspired the concept of the book?
5. Who takes Buechner to lunch?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)