|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Significant events can be related to which of the following?
2. Buechner says that the characters are dying from all but which of the following:
(a) Old age.
3. The grandmother was known for seeking out the ______ qualities in people.
4. Buechner begins to believe that one day _____ will change the way he sees the world.
5. What was the first name of the woman?
6. What is the occupation of Freddy's old school friend?
(b) Sanitation worker.
(d) Bus driver.
7. The first site of combat took place in a _____.
(a) Fox hole.
(c) MASH unit.
(d) Government installation.
8. Which of the following words best describes Buechner's early efforts?
9. What is the title of Buechner's first novel?
(a) Once Upon a Time.
(b) Before the Storm.
(c) In the Merry Old Land of Oz.
(d) A Long Day's Dying,
10. There is a place that is even more ____ than the Land of Oz.
11. Buechner also believes that there are hidden _____ to be found.
12. At long last, Buechner learns that he must _______ his weaknesses.
(c) Laugh at.
13. What language does Buechner study?
14. How does the benefactor die?
(b) Struck by lightning.
(c) Car accident.
15. How many years does it take Buechner to grieve over his father's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. At this point in the story, Buechner decides to move to which city?
2. In which state did the family live?
3. Buechner's work does not talk of the fear of death but rather the ____ of it.
4. What famous work inspired the concept of the book?
5. What major event colors the time period?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)