|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the pastor Buechner meets?
2. There is a place that is even more ____ than the Land of Oz.
3. In what town does Freddy work?
4. The enemy is referred to as being ______.
(a) Satan's doing.
(b) Weak and worthless.
(d) Evil Incarnate.
5. What had happened to the person's family members?
(a) Car accident.
(b) New baby.
(d) Terrorist attack.
6. Which figure is often the focus of Freddy's early work?
(c) Cowardly Lion.
7. One of Freddy's first steps is to do which of the following?
(a) Learn about the law.
(b) Write poetry.
(c) Visit a museum.
(d) Take a math test.
8. What unusual grade does Freddy receive on one of his papers?
9. What food was Buechner eating when he had a breakthrough?
10. Where does Buechner travel to ask for the favor?
(a) New York.
11. What type of weather must Buechner face against his will?
(a) Extreme heat.
12. Eventually Freddy's friendships are strong enough that he feels he can talk about which of the following?
(a) Future plans.
(b) Father's death.
(c) The War.
(d) Obsession with Oz.
13. What ailment was experienced by the one person Buechner wanted to speak to the most?
(b) Liver damage.
(d) Heart attack.
14. Buechner decides to spend the weekend at a _______.
(a) Mountain retreat.
15. The grandmother was known for seeking out the ______ qualities in people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Buechner teach?
2. In which state did the family live?
3. To which state was Freddy sent?
4. How does Freddy feel when he hesitates about making the trip?
5. The family had retired from which city?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)