|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Buechner's book published?
2. Buechner also believes that there are hidden _____ to be found.
3. Freddy refers to the woman's observations as being:
4. Buechner begins to believe that one day _____ will change the way he sees the world.
5. One of Buechner's most valuable lessons is that ____ is a gift.
6. As Buechner ages, his perception of ______ changes.
7. Who was Buechner having dinner with when he received the phone call?
8. Potentially significant events often hide themselves in _____.
(a) Silver linings.
(b) Plain sight.
(d) Ordinary moments.
9. The person asks Buechner to meet him/her at which location?
(b) Train station.
10. Who calls Buechner shortly before dinner is served?
11. Mrs. Buechner decided that it was time for Freddy to go to ______.
(a) Boarding school.
(c) The Army.
(d) Summer camp.
12. Where did Buechner go to college?
13. Buechner is asked if he has ever considered using his _____ for a higher purpose.
14. What is the main activity when students are not in class?
15. What is the name of the pastor Buechner meets?
Short Answer Questions
1. Freddy's ideas may seem crazy yet they offer a sense of _____.
2. What famous work inspired the concept of the book?
3. The family had retired from which city?
4. What did Buechner receive as he was preparing to leave for home?
5. Who did the family move in with after leaving the island?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)