|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Buechner study?
2. Buechner's work does not talk of the fear of death but rather the ____ of it.
3. One of Freddy's first steps is to do which of the following?
(a) Write poetry.
(b) Visit a museum.
(c) Learn about the law.
(d) Take a math test.
4. All the characters seemed to be dying except for ______.
(a) Brother Thomas.
(b) Grandfather George.
(c) Old man Keister.
(d) Old lady Maroo.
5. How many years does it take Buechner to grieve over his father's death?
6. Buechner puts off answering the person for how many minutes?
7. In what year was Buechner's book published?
8. Who takes Buechner to lunch?
(c) Potential employer.
9. What was the name of the town?
10. What type of hat did grandpa wear?
11. What is the main activity when students are not in class?
12. Freddy's ideas may seem crazy yet they offer a sense of _____.
13. Eventually Freddy's friendships are strong enough that he feels he can talk about which of the following?
(a) Obsession with Oz.
(b) Father's death.
(c) The War.
(d) Future plans.
14. What is the name of the pastor Buechner meets?
15. Freddy refers to the woman's observations as being:
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Buechner use to describe his lunch guest?
2. What had happened to the person's family members?
3. Once Buechner arrives in the city, he learns that he cannot ______.
4. What was the name of the town where Freddy was sent?
5. Buechner decides to spend the weekend at a _______.
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)