|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms does Buechner use to describe forthcoming events?
(a) Around the corner.
(b) Beyond time.
(c) Up ahead.
(d) Fast forward.
2. What was the surname of the family?
3. Who calls Buechner shortly before dinner is served?
4. Buechner begins to believe that one day _____ will change the way he sees the world.
5. The family had retired from which city?
(d) Los Angeles.
6. As Buechner ages, his perception of ______ changes.
7. In what town does Freddy work?
8. What is the title of Buechner's first novel?
(a) Before the Storm.
(b) In the Merry Old Land of Oz.
(c) A Long Day's Dying,
(d) Once Upon a Time.
9. Where did Buechner go to college?
10. What is Freddy's next job?
11. How many years does it take Buechner to grieve over his father's death?
12. The country seems to come together under the umbrella of which of the following:
13. News soon reaches the family regarding which historic event?
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(c) Presidential assassination.
14. There is a place that is even more ____ than the Land of Oz.
15. What food was Buechner eating when he had a breakthrough?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freddy feel when he hesitates about making the trip?
2. Which of the following words best describes Buechner's early efforts?
3. Buechner hopes one day to become a ______.
4. Where did Buechner teach?
5. Which vow have the members of the group taken?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)