|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Buechner having dinner with when he received the phone call?
2. Buechner's work does not talk of the fear of death but rather the ____ of it.
3. What type of furniture was referred to as being "ragged?"
(d) Folding chair.
4. What type of weather must Buechner face against his will?
(b) Extreme heat.
5. What food was Buechner eating when he had a breakthrough?
6. Which figure is often the focus of Freddy's early work?
(b) Cowardly Lion.
7. Who takes Buechner to lunch?
(b) Potential employer.
8. Which artist is mentioned in this section?
(c) Da Vinci.
9. The first site of combat took place in a _____.
(a) Government installation.
(c) MASH unit.
(d) Fox hole.
10. Which of the following terms does Buechner use to describe forthcoming events?
(a) Beyond time.
(b) Fast forward.
(c) Up ahead.
(d) Around the corner.
11. What was the name of the town where Freddy was sent?
(c) Mill Run.
12. What word does Buechner use to describe his lunch guest?
13. At long last, Buechner learns that he must _______ his weaknesses.
(d) Laugh at.
14. Where does Buechner travel to ask for the favor?
(a) New York.
15. What had happened to the person's family members?
(a) New baby.
(b) Terrorist attack.
(c) Car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Buechner's early efforts?
2. Freddy believed that looking at the _____ of things was easier.
3. News soon reaches the family regarding which historic event?
4. Buechner refers to which one of his teachers?
5. How does the benefactor die?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)