|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Buechner's early efforts?
2. In what town does Freddy work?
3. Which of the following terms does Buechner use to describe forthcoming events?
(a) Beyond time.
(b) Up ahead.
(c) Fast forward.
(d) Around the corner.
4. Buechner hopes one day to become a ______.
5. Freddy believed that looking at the _____ of things was easier.
6. One of Freddy's first steps is to do which of the following?
(a) Take a math test.
(b) Learn about the law.
(c) Write poetry.
(d) Visit a museum.
7. What is Freddy's next job?
8. Who takes Buechner to lunch?
(d) Potential employer.
9. It does not take the author long to realize that ___ is empty.
(a) The procurement of material things.
10. The first site of combat took place in a _____.
(b) MASH unit.
(c) Fox hole.
(d) Government installation.
11. What was the name of the town?
12. What language does Buechner study?
13. Potentially significant events often hide themselves in _____.
(a) Plain sight.
(b) Ordinary moments.
(c) Silver linings.
14. A minister asks Buechner if he would consider working for the _____ of God and the Church.
15. What major event colors the time period?
(b) New Deal.
(c) Civil Rights movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. The enemy is referred to as being ______.
2. Who was Buechner having dinner with when he received the phone call?
3. What famous work inspired the concept of the book?
4. Buechner says that the characters are dying from all but which of the following:
5. Buechner decides to spend the weekend at a _______.
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)