|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of weather must Buechner face against his will?
(a) Extreme heat.
2. Significant events can be related to which of the following?
3. How does the benefactor die?
(a) Car accident.
(c) Struck by lightning.
4. Buechner experienced what reaction when given orders?
(c) Panic attack.
5. What was the name of the town where Freddy was sent?
(a) Mill Run.
6. The enemy is referred to as being ______.
(a) Weak and worthless.
(c) Satan's doing.
(d) Evil Incarnate.
7. How many years does it take Buechner to grieve over his father's death?
8. Where did Buechner go to college?
9. Freddy believed that looking at the _____ of things was easier.
10. Buechner is asked if he has ever considered using his _____ for a higher purpose.
11. Eventually Freddy's friendships are strong enough that he feels he can talk about which of the following?
(a) The War.
(b) Obsession with Oz.
(c) Father's death.
(d) Future plans.
12. By this point in the book, Buechner had been teaching for ____ years.
13. What did Buechner receive as he was preparing to leave for home?
(b) Information packet.
14. A minister asks Buechner if he would consider working for the _____ of God and the Church.
15. Which figure is often the focus of Freddy's early work?
(d) Cowardly Lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms does Buechner use to describe forthcoming events?
2. Buechner's work does not talk of the fear of death but rather the ____ of it.
3. All the characters seemed to be dying except for ______.
4. What language does Buechner study?
5. Buechner refers to which one of his teachers?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)