|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main activity when students are not in class?
2. What is Freddy's next job?
3. Which figure is often the focus of Freddy's early work?
(a) Cowardly Lion.
4. Who did the family move in with after leaving the island?
(b) Mrs. Buechner's sister.
5. Buechner experienced what reaction when given orders?
(b) Panic attack.
6. There is a place that is even more ____ than the Land of Oz.
7. Buechner's work does not talk of the fear of death but rather the ____ of it.
8. How does Freddy feel when he hesitates about making the trip?
9. Who does Buechner approach for money?
10. All the characters seemed to be dying except for ______.
(a) Grandfather George.
(b) Old man Keister.
(c) Brother Thomas.
(d) Old lady Maroo.
11. Potentially significant events often hide themselves in _____.
(a) Plain sight.
(b) Ordinary moments.
(d) Silver linings.
12. Which of the following terms does Buechner use to describe forthcoming events?
(a) Around the corner.
(b) Fast forward.
(c) Beyond time.
(d) Up ahead.
13. Freddy's ideas may seem crazy yet they offer a sense of _____.
14. What was the surname of the family?
15. Once Buechner arrives in the city, he learns that he cannot ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first site of combat took place in a _____.
2. Buechner puts off answering the person for how many minutes?
3. What word does Buechner use to describe his lunch guest?
4. Buechner begins to notice the ____ in each person's life.
5. Significant events can be related to which of the following?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)