|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All the characters seemed to be dying except for ______.
(a) Old lady Maroo.
(b) Grandfather George.
(c) Brother Thomas.
(d) Old man Keister.
2. What had happened to the person's family members?
(a) New baby.
(b) Car accident.
(c) Terrorist attack.
3. What is Freddy's next job?
4. What type of furniture was referred to as being "ragged?"
(c) Folding chair.
5. Freddy's ideas may seem crazy yet they offer a sense of _____.
6. There is a place that is even more ____ than the Land of Oz.
7. Buechner says that the characters are dying from all but which of the following:
(d) Old age.
8. Freddy refers to the woman's observations as being:
9. Buechner hopes one day to become a ______.
10. Eventually Freddy's friendships are strong enough that he feels he can talk about which of the following?
(a) The War.
(b) Father's death.
(c) Obsession with Oz.
(d) Future plans.
11. What type of hat did grandpa wear?
12. What language does Buechner study?
13. In what town does Freddy work?
14. What unusual grade does Freddy receive on one of his papers?
15. What is the title of Buechner's first novel?
(a) In the Merry Old Land of Oz.
(b) Once Upon a Time.
(c) Before the Storm.
(d) A Long Day's Dying,
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes Buechner as a child?
2. What was the surname of the family?
3. Freddy believed that looking at the _____ of things was easier.
4. The experience taught Buechner that he will have to leave his ______.
5. What word is used to describe Freddy at this point in his life?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)