|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms does Buechner use to describe forthcoming events?
(a) Around the corner.
(b) Fast forward.
(c) Beyond time.
(d) Up ahead.
2. What is the name of the pastor Buechner meets?
3. How does Freddy feel when he hesitates about making the trip?
4. Buechner's main goal of the trip was to speak to a particularly wise ____.
(a) Dalai Lama.
5. One of Buechner's most valuable lessons is that ____ is a gift.
6. It does not take the author long to realize that ___ is empty.
(d) The procurement of material things.
7. Which of the following describes the general atmosphere at the campus?
8. Buechner also believes that there are hidden _____ to be found.
9. What major event colors the time period?
(b) New Deal.
(c) Civil Rights movement.
10. To which state was Freddy sent?
(a) New Jersey.
(c) North Carolina.
11. Which artist is mentioned in this section?
(d) Da Vinci.
12. Eventually Freddy's friendships are strong enough that he feels he can talk about which of the following?
(a) Obsession with Oz.
(b) The War.
(c) Future plans.
(d) Father's death.
13. Which of the following words best describes Buechner's early efforts?
14. What is the occupation of Freddy's old school friend?
(b) Sanitation worker.
(c) Bus driver.
15. Potentially significant events often hide themselves in _____.
(a) Plain sight.
(b) Silver linings.
(d) Ordinary moments.
Short Answer Questions
1. By this point in the book, Buechner had been teaching for ____ years.
2. Once Buechner arrives in the city, he learns that he cannot ______.
3. Freddy's ideas may seem crazy yet they offer a sense of _____.
4. Where did Buechner go to college?
5. How many years does it take Buechner to grieve over his father's death?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)