|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major event colors the time period?
(b) New Deal.
(d) Civil Rights movement.
2. Buechner's work does not talk of the fear of death but rather the ____ of it.
3. Who wrote the inspirational work?
4. Freddy believed that looking at the _____ of things was easier.
5. Buechner begins to notice the ____ in each person's life.
6. What type of furniture was referred to as being "ragged?"
(a) Folding chair.
7. Buechner experienced what reaction when given orders?
(d) Panic attack.
8. As Buechner ages, his perception of ______ changes.
9. The grandmother was known for seeking out the ______ qualities in people.
10. In what year was Buechner's book published?
11. Buechner hopes one day to become a ______.
12. Buechner decides to spend the weekend at a _______.
(a) Mountain retreat.
13. Which vow have the members of the group taken?
14. What is the main activity when students are not in class?
15. Mrs. Buechner decided that it was time for Freddy to go to ______.
(b) Summer camp.
(c) The Army.
(d) Boarding school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is used to describe Freddy at this point in his life?
2. Freddy's ideas may seem crazy yet they offer a sense of _____.
3. Which artist is mentioned in this section?
4. Which of the following words best describes Buechner's early efforts?
5. Who did the family move in with after leaving the island?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)