|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Buechner on his first date with a girl?
2. Freddy compared the island to which of the following?
(a) Grandmother's house.
3. What smell does Buechner associate with his grandmother's house?
4. Buechner recalls that the empty house was as frail as _____.
(a) Onion skins.
(d) Rose petals.
5. The author fears that his grandmother may be doomed without _____.
(b) A plan.
(c) Her family.
6. The author lists which of the following as one of his greatest childhood fears?
(a) The dark.
7. Everyone should be conscious of what the ____ is/are trying to tell us.
8. How many children were there in Mr. Buechner's family?
9. What color were the slacks Mr. Buechner was wearing?
10. Anna called to say that she had broken the bone in her _____.
11. The woman used to fascinate Freddy by playing with which item?
(c) Go cart.
(d) False teeth.
12. Buechner often told people his father died from which of the following?
(a) Heart trouble.
(b) War wounds.
13. Buechner feels which emotion regarding his grandmother's future?
14. Which poet does Freddy refer to regarding the memories?
15. Buechner says the voice of the man downstairs was fruity and _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which world leader is mentioned in this section of the book?
2. The author refers to the moves that took place during which time period?
3. What was the name of Grandmother's father?
4. The region is a fictional place created by which author?
5. What was the name of Freddy's nurse?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)