|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buechner believes that the meaning of life can come to us through which of the following?
2. Freddy compared the island to which of the following?
(a) Grandmother's house.
3. Buechner refers to himself as more of a(n) than a theologian.
4. In later years, Freddy would come to like characters _____ of his childhood favorite.
(d) In lieu.
5. What is the nickname for Buechner's brother?
6. How did Mr. Buechner die?
(a) Car accident.
7. What hymn was often sung to Freddy and his brother?
(a) When the Saints Go Marching in.
(b) Amazing Grace.
(c) Rock of Ages.
(d) Old Rugged Cross.
8. The author fears that his grandmother may be doomed without _____.
(a) Her family.
(b) A plan.
9. What was the name of Freddy's nurse?
10. What type of creatures inhabited the inlet where Buechner learned to swim?
(d) Large mouth bass.
11. Oftentimes one will find _____ where it is least expected.
12. The author says that he attempted to listen to how many days in his life?
13. Buechner feels which emotion regarding his grandmother's future?
14. What name does the author use when referring to paradise?
15. Everyone should be conscious of what the ____ is/are trying to tell us.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the body found?
2. How old was Buechner on his first date with a girl?
3. What word is used to describe the character?
4. What is Grandmother Buechner's first name?
5. Freddy compares his grandmother to which object?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)