|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the girl's name?
2. Where did Mr. Buechner grow up?
(d) New York City.
3. Buechner's grandmother's house was located in which state?
4. What major event caused the upheaval of the Buechner family?
(a) Stock Market Crash.
(b) Presidential assassination.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
5. The woman used to fascinate Freddy by playing with which item?
(b) Go cart.
(c) False teeth.
6. What was the name of the book?
(a) Gone With the Wind.
(b) Old Man and the Sea.
(c) Land of Oz.
(d) Grapes of Wrath.
7. Freddy claims that _______ the moment he learned of his father's death.
(a) His ideals changed.
(b) His heart broke.
(c) The earth stopped.
(d) His childhood ended.
8. In what country did the Buechner family originate?
9. How old was Jamie?
10. Freddy named the ____ as his favorite character.
11. What type of creatures inhabited the inlet where Buechner learned to swim?
(c) Large mouth bass.
12. Buechner gave a series of lectures at which prestigious school?
13. Which famous author was acquainted with Buechner's father?
14. Buechner believed that if his father died the ________.
(a) Crops would fail.
(b) Earth would die.
(c) Family's soul would vanish.
(d) Sun would explode.
15. The region is a fictional place created by which author?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the poem used?
2. Buechner recalls that the empty house was as frail as _____.
3. Unlike adults children are able to understand and celebrate the concept of ____.
4. Which is a song often sung by the author's parents while they were out on car rides?
5. In later years, Freddy would come to like characters _____ of his childhood favorite.
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)