|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major event caused the upheaval of the Buechner family?
(a) World War I.
(b) Stock Market Crash.
(c) Presidential assassination.
(d) World War II.
2. Buechner talks about the cold weather they faced while driving through which mountain range?
3. How old was Jamie?
4. What is the nickname for Buechner's brother?
5. What issue causes the Buechner family to move a lot?
(a) Criminal activity.
6. What type of creatures inhabited the inlet where Buechner learned to swim?
(b) Large mouth bass.
7. What was the name of the author's famous spouse?
8. Freddy claims that _______ the moment he learned of his father's death.
(a) His ideals changed.
(b) The earth stopped.
(c) His heart broke.
(d) His childhood ended.
9. How old was Buechner on his first date with a girl?
10. Which world leader is mentioned in this section of the book?
11. What is the name of the poem used?
(b) Fern Hill.
(c) Hyla Brook.
(d) The Road Less Taken.
12. Buechner also believes that the _____ continue to change.
13. Which memento is not mentioned by the author?
(a) Home movies.
(d) Family bible.
14. Where is the one place that Freddy feels most at home?
(b) Grandmother's house.
15. Everyone should be conscious of what the ____ is/are trying to tell us.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children were there in Mr. Buechner's family?
2. The author lists which of the following as one of his greatest childhood fears?
3. Buechner often told people his father died from which of the following?
4. What name does the author use when referring to paradise?
5. This behavior may indicate which characteristic in Freddy?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)