|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which person of great wealth is mentioned in the story?
(a) King Croesus.
(b) King Midas.
(c) Bill Gates.
(d) Donald Trump.
2. On what day of the week does this section begin?
3. Freddy feels it is important to know what ____ is saying.
(b) His mother.
(c) One's soul.
(d) His heart.
4. The author says that he attempted to listen to how many days in his life?
5. Freddy begins to reminisce about which of the following?
(c) School days.
(d) Best friend.
6. The author recalls snacking on ____ chocolate and French bread.
7. How did Mr. Buechner die?
(d) Car accident.
8. The author believes that a person's _____ will always change.
9. What word is used as a synonym for "boring?"
10. The author casts the adoration for this favorite character upon which biblical figure?
11. Unlike adults children are able to understand and celebrate the concept of ____.
12. What type of creatures inhabited the inlet where Buechner learned to swim?
(c) Large mouth bass.
13. Buechner believes that the meaning of life can come to us through which of the following?
14. Buechner refers to which type of bird?
15. What was the name of the book?
(a) Land of Oz.
(b) Gone With the Wind.
(c) Grapes of Wrath.
(d) Old Man and the Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Everyone should be conscious of what the ____ is/are trying to tell us.
2. What hymn was often sung to Freddy and his brother?
3. In which industry did the Buechners make their money?
4. Buechner recalls that the empty house was as frail as _____.
5. What is the nickname for Buechner's brother?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)