|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of creatures inhabited the inlet where Buechner learned to swim?
(a) Large mouth bass.
2. Which of the following is not one of the things that could flatten the house in seconds?
3. What name does the author use when referring to paradise?
4. What word is used to describe the character?
5. What was the character's name?
6. What was the name of Freddy's nurse?
7. Buechner recalls the lectures that had taken place ____ years earlier.
8. What movie did the kids see?
(a) Lady and the Tramp.
(b) Wizard of Oz.
(c) Mary Poppins.
(d) Roman Scandals.
9. What hymn was often sung to Freddy and his brother?
(a) Old Rugged Cross.
(b) When the Saints Go Marching in.
(c) Rock of Ages.
(d) Amazing Grace.
10. Buechner's grandmother's house was located in which state?
11. A person's interaction with another leaves a long lasting mark on one's _____.
12. What was the name of Grandmother's father?
13. The author recalls snacking on ____ chocolate and French bread.
14. How many children were there in Mr. Buechner's family?
15. What color were the slacks Mr. Buechner was wearing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What major event caused the upheaval of the Buechner family?
2. What smell does Buechner associate with his grandmother's house?
3. In later years, Freddy would come to like characters _____ of his childhood favorite.
4. How old is Freddy at this time?
5. Buechner believed that if his father died the ________.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)