|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mr. Buechner grow up?
(d) New York City.
2. A person's interaction with another leaves a long lasting mark on one's _____.
3. What is Grandmother Buechner's first name?
4. Buechner also believes that the _____ continue to change.
5. The author casts the adoration for this favorite character upon which biblical figure?
6. Which poet does Freddy refer to regarding the memories?
7. What color were the slacks Mr. Buechner was wearing?
8. Everyone should be conscious of what the ____ is/are trying to tell us.
9. The region is a fictional place created by which author?
10. The woman used to fascinate Freddy by playing with which item?
(a) Go cart.
(d) False teeth.
11. The author recalls snacking on ____ chocolate and French bread.
12. Buechner refers to which one of his other books?
(a) A Long Day's Dying.
(b) Final Feast.
(c) The Alphabet of Grace.
(d) Lion Country.
13. The author refers to the moves that took place during which time period?
(a) Post-War America.
(b) Watergate era.
(c) The New Deal.
(d) Great Depression.
14. What was Freddy's favorite place to visit as a child?
(b) Tarzan's jungle.
(c) Land of Oz.
(d) Gilligan's Island.
15. What hymn was often sung to Freddy and his brother?
(a) Rock of Ages.
(b) When the Saints Go Marching in.
(c) Old Rugged Cross.
(d) Amazing Grace.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author fears that his grandmother may be doomed without _____.
2. How old is Freddy at this time?
3. Buechner feels which emotion regarding his grandmother's future?
4. The clock on Buechner's wall was shaped like which of the following?
5. What smell does Buechner associate with his grandmother's house?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)