|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made a special trip to join the family for the day?
2. The author uses the poem to refer to the _____ of one's early childhood.
3. Buechner refers to which one of his other books?
(a) Lion Country.
(b) Final Feast.
(c) A Long Day's Dying.
(d) The Alphabet of Grace.
4. In what country did the Buechner family originate?
5. Which famous author was acquainted with Buechner's father?
6. The author fears that his grandmother may be doomed without _____.
(b) A plan.
(d) Her family.
7. Buechner's grandmother's house was located in which state?
8. What was the name of the author's famous spouse?
9. In later years, Freddy would come to like characters _____ of his childhood favorite.
(c) In lieu.
10. What was the character's name?
11. What was the name of Grandmother's father?
12. A person's interaction with another leaves a long lasting mark on one's _____.
13. The clock on Buechner's wall was shaped like which of the following?
14. Buechner often told people his father died from which of the following?
(b) War wounds.
(c) Heart trouble.
15. What word is used as a synonym for "boring?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Buechner believes that the meaning of life can come to us through which of the following?
2. Which world leader is mentioned in this section of the book?
3. What was Freddy's favorite place to visit as a child?
4. In which industry did the Buechners make their money?
5. Buechner refers to which type of bird?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)