|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buechner says the voice of the man downstairs was fruity and _____.
2. Which world leader is mentioned in this section of the book?
3. Buechner talks about the cold weather they faced while driving through which mountain range?
4. How many children were there in Mr. Buechner's family?
5. How did Mr. Buechner die?
(d) Car accident.
6. On what day of the week does this section begin?
7. Which famous author was acquainted with Buechner's father?
8. Freddy claims that _______ the moment he learned of his father's death.
(a) His heart broke.
(b) His ideals changed.
(c) The earth stopped.
(d) His childhood ended.
9. The author casts the adoration for this favorite character upon which biblical figure?
10. How old was Buechner on his first date with a girl?
11. The family traveled to which island?
(d) St. Kitts.
12. Buechner often told people his father died from which of the following?
(a) Heart trouble.
(c) War wounds.
13. How old is Freddy at this time?
14. Which person of great wealth is mentioned in the story?
(a) Donald Trump.
(b) King Midas.
(c) Bill Gates.
(d) King Croesus.
15. What word is used as a synonym for "boring?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Grandmother Buechner's first name?
2. How old is Freddy when he begins to write his memoir?
3. Buechner talks about the presence of two men in the house. What were the men doing that made noise?
4. Unlike adults children are able to understand and celebrate the concept of ____.
5. Which is a song often sung by the author's parents while they were out on car rides?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)