|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buechner refers to himself as more of a(n) than a theologian.
2. What was the name of the author's famous spouse?
3. Buechner often told people his father died from which of the following?
(a) War wounds.
(d) Heart trouble.
4. What is the name of the maid?
5. Buechner recalls the lectures that had taken place ____ years earlier.
6. The author lists which of the following as one of his greatest childhood fears?
(d) The dark.
7. The author recalls snacking on ____ chocolate and French bread.
8. In later years, Freddy would come to like characters _____ of his childhood favorite.
(d) In lieu.
9. What was the character's name?
10. What was the name of the book?
(a) Land of Oz.
(b) Gone With the Wind.
(c) Old Man and the Sea.
(d) Grapes of Wrath.
11. On what day of the week does this section begin?
12. What was the planned event for the day?
(b) Football game.
(c) Day at the beach.
13. Buechner believed that if his father died the ________.
(a) Earth would die.
(b) Sun would explode.
(c) Family's soul would vanish.
(d) Crops would fail.
14. What major event caused the upheaval of the Buechner family?
(a) Presidential assassination.
(b) World War I.
(c) Stock Market Crash.
(d) World War II.
15. The clock on Buechner's wall was shaped like which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Buechner believes that the meaning of life can come to us through which of the following?
2. The woman used to fascinate Freddy by playing with which item?
3. The family traveled to which island?
4. Buechner compares theology to which of the following?
5. This behavior may indicate which characteristic in Freddy?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)