|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buechner talks about the cold weather they faced while driving through which mountain range?
2. The author says that he attempted to listen to how many days in his life?
3. What color were the slacks Mr. Buechner was wearing?
4. Mr. Buechner left which of the following in a book?
(a) Phone number.
5. Buechner refers to which type of bird?
6. How old is Freddy at this time?
7. Freddy named the ____ as his favorite character.
8. Buechner believed that if his father died the ________.
(a) Earth would die.
(b) Crops would fail.
(c) Family's soul would vanish.
(d) Sun would explode.
9. What is Grandmother Buechner's first name?
10. Buechner refers to which one of his other books?
(a) Final Feast.
(b) Lion Country.
(c) A Long Day's Dying.
(d) The Alphabet of Grace.
11. Freddy compared the island to which of the following?
(d) Grandmother's house.
12. Which world leader is mentioned in this section of the book?
13. Which person of great wealth is mentioned in the story?
(a) Bill Gates.
(b) King Midas.
(c) Donald Trump.
(d) King Croesus.
14. Freddy compares his grandmother to which object?
15. What was the name of the book?
(a) Grapes of Wrath.
(b) Land of Oz.
(c) Gone With the Wind.
(d) Old Man and the Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Buechner compares theology to which of the following?
2. Buechner gave a series of lectures at which prestigious school?
3. What word is used to describe the character?
4. What is the name of the poem used?
5. The author uses the poem to refer to the _____ of one's early childhood.
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)