|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jessica not go with the track team to their away meet in Part III?
(a) She does not want to see Gavin.
(b) She has too much homework.
(c) She is not ready to ride the bus yet.
(d) She does not like track anymore.
2. What has Jessica started collecting in Part IV?
(b) All the notes from Rosa.
3. What do the boys think of Jessica’s new leg?
(a) They think it is weird.
(b) They are indifferent.
(c) They think it is ugly and gross.
(d) They think it is cool and awesome.
4. What does Rosa say during the River Run?
(a) She is mad at Jessica.
(b) She needs to pee.
(c) She wants to stop.
(d) This is the best day of her life.
5. Under what condition does Jessica agree to do another segment for Channel 7 News in Part V?
(a) They only shoot her good side.
(b) They do not shoot her running leg.
(c) They only focus on Jessica.
(d) They focus only on Rosa.
6. What news does Kyro break about the impact of Gavin’s article?
(a) It has not garnered a lot of donations.
(b) It was not written by Gavin.
(c) It made people angry.
(d) It has resulted in tons of donations.
7. What does Jessica do in Part IV when she takes Sherlock for a walk for the first time?
(a) Takes her crutches.
(b) Practices jogging with her new leg.
(c) Takes a cane.
(d) Only walks.
8. What sport sessions does Jessica occasionally attend throughout the summer?
9. What does Jessica do at the next visit to Hank’s, in Part III?
(a) Try running with the leg.
(b) Refuse to walk with the new leg.
(c) Walk for the first time since the accident.
(d) Tell him she does not want the leg.
10. What does Jessica do to try to thank Gavin for his help in the fundraiser?
(a) Text him.
(b) Go to his house.
(c) Call him.
(d) Email him.
11. How long is the River Run?
(a) 8 miles.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 26 miles.
(d) 10 miles.
12. What good point does Mom bring up about Jessica’s idea to run Rosa?
(a) That Kyro might not want her to do it.
(b) That the school might not want Rosa to do it.
(c) That Rosa’s mom might not want her to do it.
(d) That Rosa might not want to do it.
13. What does Jessica tell Gavin when he asks if she can understand what Rosa is saying?
(a) She just pretends to understand.
(b) She does not listen to Rosa.
(c) She just got used to it.
(d) She cannot understand Rosa.
14. Who is Jessica surprised to see at the River Run?
(b) Ms. Rucker.
(c) Lucy’s mom.
(d) Vanessa Steele.
15. What does Jessica give her dad permission to do later that night, after the news interview in Part IV?
(a) Call Marla Sumner.
(b) Take her cell phone away.
(c) Call off the Campaign.
(d) Ground her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dad say he needed to mention their financial struggles for the news segment?
2. What grade does Jessica receive on the math test?
3. What does Ms. Rucker warn Jessica against doing if she continues to stay next to Rosa?
4. What does Gavin say he saw at an airport once?
5. What do Jessica’s teammate encourage her to do to attract attention of people driving by the fundraiser?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)