|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does Paul arrange to meet Yeamon and Chenault?
2. Who does Paul find has quit the newspaper?
3. Why can Paul not meet them at the post office?
4. Where does Yeamon suggest they go to?
5. What does Paul take from the liquor store?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sanderson help Paul and his friends in Chapter 8?
2. What does Paul think about his stay on the island?
3. Describe Paul's time at the police station.
4. What happens to Chenault in Chapter 15?
5. How does the policeman react to Chenault's disappearance?
6. Describe Paul's visit to Vieques with Zimburger.
7. Summarize Chapters 13 and 14.
8. Describe Paul's time with Chenault and Yeamon in Chapter 13.
9. What does Paul arrange after his meeting with Lotterman?
10. What do Yeamon, Paul and Chenault do the next morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Thompson's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Thompson's life. In what way do you think his life and personality is reflected in the book? In what ways is he like or unlike the main character?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Paul Kemp's to the person he was when he first arrived in Puerto Rico to the person he is when he leaves.
1) What does Paul hope to achieve in Puerto Rico?
2) What events change Paul's ideas about journalism and life?
3) How is Paul different at the end of the book from the person he was at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)