|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does Paul arrange to meet Yeamon and Chenault?
2. Where are Chenault and Yeamon planning to go for the weekend?
3. Who does Paul tell about Chenault's return?
4. What do the police accuse the three men of?
5. Why can Paul not meet them at the post office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Yeamon, Paul and Chenault do the next morning?
2. How does Sanderson help Paul and his friends in Chapter 8?
3. What does Paul think about Yeamon?
4. Describe Paul's time with Chenault and Yeamon in Chapter 13.
5. What does Paul arrange after his meeting with Lotterman?
6. Summarize Chapters 13 and 14.
7. What decision does Paul make at the end of Chapter 18?
8. What does Paul think about his stay on the island?
9. How does the policeman react to Chenault's disappearance?
10. What does Chapter 13 say about Paul's ambition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lotterman thinks he will lose respect in the community because he is an ex-communist and the locals do not trust communists. What kind of political system did Pueto Rico have in the Sixties? What was Puerto Rico's relationship with communism?
Essay Topic 2
Compare life in 1960s Puerto Rico to life in Puerto Rico today. How has it changed? What caused these changes to take place? What would Paul's life be like in Puerto Rico if he went there today?
Essay Topic 3
What similarities does the Rum Diary share with Hunter S. Thompson's later work in terms of the following:
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)