|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Paul, Yeamon and Chenault sleep?
(a) A hotel
(b) A hostel
(c) Yeamon's house
(d) The beach
2. What has been taken from Sala's car?
(a) His wallet
(b) The wheels
(c) His papers
(d) The engine
3. Why can Paul not meet them at the post office?
(a) The crowd is too dense
(b) He has his wallet stolen
(c) He has to talk to Zimburger
(d) He crashes his car
4. Where do the three men go to sleep?
5. Where has Sala left his car?
(a) At the police station
(b) On the road to Yeamon's house
(c) At the office
(d) At the bar
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the three characters decide to leave the carnival?
2. On what newspaper does Paul see his photograph?
3. What does Paul take from the liquor store?
4. Why does Paul lose the girl he is with?
5. Where is Paul supposed to meet Yeamon and Chenault?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Chenault's appearance at Paul's apartment in Chapter 17.
2. Describe Paul's time at the police station.
3. Describe Paul's time with Chenault and Yeamon in Chapter 13.
4. What does Chapter 13 say about Paul's ambition?
5. What has happened to Paul's, Yeamon's and Sala's methods of transport in Chapter 9?
6. How does the policeman react to Chenault's disappearance?
7. Describe Paul's visit to Vieques with Zimburger.
8. What happens to Chenault in Chapter 15?
9. What upsets Paul at the beginning of Chapter 10?
10. In what way does everything turn out well for Paul by the end of the chapter?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)