|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the original name of the bar?
(a) Al's Backyard
(b) Al's Bar
(c) Al's Rum and Jokes
(d) Al's Patio
2. Whose poem begins the book?
(a) James Joyce
(b) Eileen O'Connell
(c) Lord Byron
(d) William Wordsworth
3. In what part of the plane does the blonde girl sit?
(a) The back
(b) The front
(c) The cabin
(d) The middle
4. Where did Al move his family?
(a) Near the airport
(b) Near the sports stadium
(c) To a nearby island
(d) To the USA
5. What kind of piano did Al buy?
(a) An upright
(b) A grand
(c) A Studio
(d) A baby grand
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Paul and Yeamon fish for?
2. Who does Paul talk to first thing the next morning?
3. Which of the following characters does Paul say is drunk constantly?
4. What was the name of the Negro Al hired?
5. What did Al turn his living room into?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way do all the characters working on the newspaper give Paul a bad first impression of his new job and life in San Juan ?
2. How does Paul try to get revenge on Segarra?
3. What does Paul do in Yeaman's house in Chapter 3?
4. How does Lotterman react to Paul's questions about the paper folding?
5. What kind of people like to drink at Al's bar?
6. What does Paul do on his first night in San Juan?
7. What signs are there that newspaper will soon fold?
8. Describe Al's bar.
9. What does Paul do when he finds out he cannot work?
10. Why does Paul decide to go out drinking the night before he flies to Puerto Rico?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)