|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what hotel does Paul have a reservation?
(a) Condado Beach
(b) Golden Sands
(c) The Golden Sun
(d) The International
2. What was the original name of the bar?
(a) Al's Backyard
(b) Al's Bar
(c) Al's Patio
(d) Al's Rum and Jokes
3. Why can Paul not go back to his office?
(a) The police are ransacking it
(b) There is a riot
(c) It is on fire
(d) It has closed for the day
4. What does Yeamon suggest that Paul get for himself?
(a) A scooter
(b) A push bike
(c) A motorbike
(d) A car
5. What kind of piano did Al buy?
(a) An upright
(b) A grand
(c) A baby grand
(d) A Studio
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Paul become friends with in this section?
2. Who takes over the city editor's responsibilities?
3. Who does Paul see in the airport line?
4. What part of San Juan does Al live in?
5. What does the sign say on the shack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paul give Yeaman and Sala a bad impression?
2. What does Paul think Segarra's role is at the newspaper?
3. What does Paul do when he sees the pretty girl standing in the line?
4. Why can Paul not work at the beginning of this chapter?
5. What happens to Sala at the end of Chapter 3?
6. What does Paul do on his first day at the newspaper?
7. What does Paul do when he finds out he cannot work?
8. What do Paul and Yeamon talk about at Al's?
9. What do Paul, Sala and the girls do on the beach?
10. Describe the argument between Yeaman and Lotterman.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)