|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Paul see in the airport line?
(a) His old school teacher
(b) A beautiful girl
(c) His ex-wife
(d) The President
2. What does Yeamon suggest that Paul get for himself?
(a) A push bike
(b) A motorbike
(c) A scooter
(d) A car
3. What are Yeamon and Chenault doing when Paul returns?
(b) Making breakfast
(c) Weaving baskets
(d) Playing ping pong
4. What does Paul say he is jealous of when he sees Yeamon and Chenault?
(a) Their shack
(b) Their youth
(c) Their beauty
(d) Their money
5. What does the sign say on the shack?
(c) Coco Frio
(d) Las Alves
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the newspaper that Lotterman started?
2. Which of Sanderson's friends does Paul not like?
3. What is the name of the first casino Paul and Sala enter?
4. What is Sanderson's job?
5. Where does Sala invite Paul to go with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of people like to drink at Al's bar?
2. What gives the reader the idea that Paul intends to stay in San Juan?
3. Describe the internal problems at the newspaper.
4. In what way do all the characters working on the newspaper give Paul a bad first impression of his new job and life in San Juan ?
5. What do Paul and Yeamon talk about at Al's?
6. How is Yeaman coping with losing his job?
7. How does Paul try to get revenge on Segarra?
8. Describe Al's bar.
9. What signs are there that newspaper will soon fold?
10. What do Paul, Sala and the girls do on the beach?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)