|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paul not want to have breakfast?
(a) He has already eaten
(b) He is a vegetarian
(c) He needs to go back to the office
(d) He is feeling ill
2. In what city does the main character live in?
(a) San Francisco
(b) San Juan
(c) New York
(d) Los Angeles
3. Who does Paul talk to at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. Which of Sanderson's friends does Paul not like?
(b) Jack of Hearts
(c) Johnny Toke
5. Who does Paul decide to visit?
6. What did Zimburger used to be?
(a) A Marine
(b) A drug dealer
(c) A secret agent
(d) A pimp
7. In what month does the main character leave for Puerto Rico?
8. Where did Al build his bar?
(a) His shed
(b) His patio
(c) The city center
(d) His loft
9. What was the name of Al's pianist?
(a) Horace Vimto
(b) Nelson Otto
(c) Johnny Ubell
(d) Gordon Jim
10. Where had Duke Peterson just come back from?
(c) Saudi Arabia
(d) The Virgin Islands
11. Where does Sala talk Paul into going?
(a) The shooting gallery
(b) The gym
(c) The local casino
(d) The art gallery
12. Where does Paul go to eat while he is at Sala's?
(c) The office
13. What do Sala and Paul buy before they go to Yeamon's?
14. Where does Pual decide to go instead of interrupting the couple?
(a) The local shop
(b) A bordello
(c) A park
(d) A casino
15. Why can Paul not go back to his office?
(a) It is on fire
(b) It has closed for the day
(c) There is a riot
(d) The police are ransacking it
Short Answer Questions
1. Who paid for the ale?
2. Who takes over the city editor's responsibilities?
3. Where does the author say the Cuban carried a gun?
4. What state did Lotterman come from?
5. What color dress does Paul's woman have?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)