|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Duke Peterson just come back from?
(b) The Virgin Islands
(c) Saudi Arabia
2. Where does Sala invite Paul to go with him?
(a) A local resort
(b) The University
(c) A carnival
(d) The Casino
3. Which of the following characters does Paul say is drunk constantly?
4. What did Al turn his living room into?
(a) A pool room
(b) A piano bar
(c) A casino
(d) A smoking room
5. What does Paul say he is jealous of when he sees Yeamon and Chenault?
(a) Their beauty
(b) Their shack
(c) Their money
(d) Their youth
6. What is Al's full name?
(a) Al Roberto
(b) Al Dunga
(c) Al Arbonito
(d) Al Carlos Tevez
7. Why does Paul not want to have breakfast?
(a) He has already eaten
(b) He is a vegetarian
(c) He needs to go back to the office
(d) He is feeling ill
8. Who does Paul talk to first thing the next morning?
9. What color hair does the woman in the queue have?
10. Whose apartment does Paul move into in this chapter?
11. What language does the old man speak?
12. What is the name of Sanderson's company?
13. What does Paul think Segarra has decided to do to him?
(a) Get him fired
(b) Demote him
(c) Have him beaten up
(d) Blacklist him
14. Where does Paul go for dinner?
15. Which two characters are having a fight in this chapter?
(a) Lotterman and Yeamon
(b) Sala and Sanderson
(c) Yeamon and Sala
(d) Sanderson and Zimburger
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the barman not agree to?
2. What is the name of the first casino Paul and Sala enter?
3. What word best describes Yeamon's house?
4. What is the name of the paper's editor?
5. Where did Al move his family?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)