|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the Negro Al hired?
2. Whose apartment does Paul move into in this chapter?
3. What are Yeamon and Chenault doing when Paul arrives?
4. What kind of house does Yeamon say he has?
(a) A mansion
(b) A brick house
(c) A shack
(d) A beach house
5. Who does Paul meet at Al's?
6. Where is Paul sent to on Tuesday?
(a) The library
(b) The slaughterhouse
(c) The casino
(d) The airport
7. Where do Paul and Sala take the two girls?
(b) A cafe
(c) A motel
(d) The beach
8. What does Paul say he is jealous of when he sees Yeamon and Chenault?
(a) Their money
(b) Their youth
(c) Their shack
(d) Their beauty
9. What does Paul think Segarra has decided to do to him?
(a) Demote him
(b) Get him fired
(c) Have him beaten up
(d) Blacklist him
10. Why does Yeamon not like Chenault sunbathing?
(a) He wants to know where she is
(b) Her skin is too sensitive
(c) He does not trust her
(d) Locals watch her
11. Where had Duke Peterson just come back from?
(a) Saudi Arabia
(d) The Virgin Islands
12. Who does Paul become friends with in this section?
13. Where does Sala have a freelance job in this chapter?
14. Where does Lotterman send Paul to do some research?
(a) The archives
(b) The library
(c) The main office
(d) The reference center
15. Who takes over the city editor's responsibilities?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who paid for the ale?
2. What is the name of the paper's editor?
3. At what hotel does Paul have a reservation?
4. Who does Paul talk to first thing the next morning?
5. Which of the following characters does Paul meet at Al's one morning?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)