Essay Topics/Writing Assignments
These 20 essay questions can be used as essay questions on a test, or as stand-alone essay topics for a take-home or in-class writing assignment. Students should have a full understanding of the text in order to answer these questions. They ask for a thorough analysis of the text.
1. Compare Paul Kemp's to the person he was when he first arrived in Puerto Rico to the person he is when he leaves.
1) What does Paul hope to achieve in Puerto Rico?
2) What events change Paul's ideas about journalism and life?
3) How is Paul different at the end of the book from the person he was at the beginning of the book?
2. Choose one of the following characters and write his/her character background:
1) Paul Kemp
3. Choose one of the following and examine how...
This section contains 806 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)