San Juan, Winter of 1958,
• In the early fifties when San Juan became a tourist town, a man named Al turned his patio into a bar.
• Al served nothing but beer and rum at first, but as the number of tourists and Americans in town increased, so did the size of Al's bar, until it had taken over his entire house.
• At the same time, a man named Lotterman came to San Juan and began an English language paper named The San Juan Daily News.
• Al's bar became a favorite hangout for the reporters working on the paper.
• The reporters range from being hard-nosed investigative reporters to vagrants simply looking for a way to pass the time.
• Paul Kemp was a reporter who was never sure whether he was the hard-nosed reporter or the vagrant.
• Paul Kemp is very drunk when he arrives at the airport. However, he...
This section contains 1,898 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)