|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of the party where Lauren and Sean meet?
2. How much money does the kid from the bus ask to borrow from Paul?
3. What is the name of Sean's hippie ex-girlfriend?
4. What activity does Sean regularly participate in that annoys Lauren?
5. What is the name of the hall where Sean's hippie ex-girlfriend lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Richard changed from the last time Paul saw him when they were in high school?
2. What happens when Sean goes to the hospital to visit with his sick father?
3. Why does Lauren think that Victor is dead, and how does she react to this news?
4. What happens when Lauren calls Victor for the first time since he left for Europe?
5. What type of interaction does Paul have with the cab driver who takes him from the bus stop to the hotel in Boston?
6. What happens when Lauren and Sean take a vacation together in New York?
7. How does Sean react when Lauren breaks up with him for cheating on her?
8. How does the mystery girl find out that she has no chance of having a romantic relationship with Sean?
9. What events lead Sean to believe that he is falling in love with Lauren?
10. What happens when Sean sees Lauren dancing with another guy at the Halloween party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lauren is a girl with a trouble past, particularly in regard to her parents. First, explain what type of relationship Lauren has with her parents and how this relationship feeds into her insecurities. Then, explain how Lauren's relationship with her parents affects her personal decisions particularly in regard to her romantic life.
Essay Topic 2
What are Victor's three main desires during his European vacation? List each of his desires and describe at least one scene in which he attempts to satiate that desire. Do you think Victor is acting selfishly on his vacation, or do you think he earned this time to himself? Why?
Essay Topic 3
When Paul is in Boston, he is reunited with an old flame, Richard. First, explain the history that Paul has with Richard and why he was excited to be sharing a room in Boston with his old friend. Then, explain how Paul and Richard treated each other upon their reunification. How did Paul's treatment of Richard compare/contrast to his treatment of Sean?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)