|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lauren have sex with Judy's boyfriend?
(a) Because she is mad at Judy.
(b) Because she is so drunk she doesn't know who she is in bed with.
(c) Because she thinks he looks like Victor.
(d) Because Judy's boyfriend pressures her.
2. What venereal disease has Steve heard that Lauren is suffering from?
3. Which of the following is Marc's drug of choice and one that he uses frequently throughout the novel?
4. How does the narrator of the novel succeed in luring two men back to her bedroom?
(a) By offering them food.
(b) By offering them drugs.
(c) By offering them sex.
(d) By offering them booze.
5. What do the mystery letters that appear in Sean's mailbox tell him?
(a) That someone is pregnant with his baby.
(b) That someone is in love with him.
(c) That someone knows about his secret life.
(d) That someone wants ransom to return his dog.
6. What nationality are the men who approach Victor at the nude beach and teach him to sing songs in their native language?
7. What type of car does Paul's mother drive, and claim was stolen?
(a) A Cadillac.
(b) A Mercedes Benz.
(c) A Jaguar.
(d) A BMW.
8. In what state is this novel set?
(c) New Hampshire.
9. Why is Sean embarrassed of Deirdre when she tries to talk to him at the cafeteria?
(a) Because she is not very good looking.
(b) Because she is a freshman.
(c) Because she is overweight.
(d) Because she is unintelligent.
10. What is the name of the college parties that are typically held on Thursdays in the novel?
(a) Thankless Thursdays.
(b) Thirsty Thursdays.
(c) Thoughtful Thursdays.
(d) Thistle Thursdays.
11. What is the name of the girl Victor thinks about and pines for most on his vacation?
12. How does Sean react to Paul after he is stood up for their "date"?
(a) Sean begins dating someone else out of spite.
(b) Sean ignores Paul because he is hurt.
(c) Sean forgives Paul and they reschedule.
(d) Sean does not remember who Paul is.
13. Why is the narrator of the novel so determined to get two men back to her bedroom?
(a) Because she doesn't have any friends.
(b) Becuase she wants to see the two men fight.
(c) Because she wants to lose her virginity.
(d) Because she wants to rob them.
14. Why does Sean invite Paul to go for a meal with him?
(a) Because he thinks Paul is attractive.
(b) Because he is really hungry.
(c) Because he is desperate for some attention.
(d) Because he thinks Paul is rich.
15. What Frankie Vallie song does Paul fantasize about Sean singing to him?
(a) "A Day in the LIfe."
(b) "Any Day Now."
(d) "Can't Take My Eyes Off You."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Paul want to leave school to visit with his mom?
2. How old is Lauren's father's new girlfriend?
3. What nationality is Sean's roommate Bertrand?
4. What does Henry need from Paul, which prevents Paul from being able to go on his "date" with Sean?
5. What is the name of the bar Paul and Sean frequent together?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)