|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Father Travis have a scar?
2. Who beat Angus in Chapter 5?
3. In what branch of military service did Father Travis serve?
4. What color is Sonja and Whitey's house?
5. What is the name of the FBI agent Bazil mentions in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the first time that Linda comes to Joe's house?
2. What does Joe mean when he says that his father can out-weather anybody?
3. What chores does Joe do at Whitey's in Chapter 8?
4. What does Joe do when he leaves Whitey's after Whitey and Sonja have a fight?
5. What does Mooshum tell Joe about the man he has been seeing?
6. Why was Linda not left to die when she was born?
7. Why does Bazil have no choice but to talk to Joe about his mother's attack in Chapter 6?
8. How does Mooshum dress in the winter to shovel snow?
9. How does Linda make her banana bread?
10. Why does Joe go to see Angus after he and his father argue about Joe being involved in finding his mother's attacker?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The round house was a place where Indians would perform their ceremonies. According to a story told by Mooshum, why was the round house created? How was it used before 1978? What did the round house symbolize? What was its importance in the attack?
Essay Topic 2
Geraldine’s job is about secrets. What is Geraldine’s job and what does it have to do with secrets? Why is her job the cause of her attack?
Essay Topic 3
Joe believes that he sees a ghost at various times in the novel. What do both Joe and Randall see that seems to be ghost-like? How seriously do Indians believe in the supernatural? What does the ghost symbolize to Joe? How does Mooshum explain the ghost? What does the ghost represent by the end of the novel?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)