|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clemence wear to clean the church in Chapter 7?
2. Where does Mooshum often sit watching the road?
3. What clan does Joe's father belong to?
4. How old is Linda Wishkob in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 7, what dessert does Clemence make for Joe and his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bazil have no choice but to talk to Joe about his mother's attack in Chapter 6?
2. What does Joe mean when he says that his father can out-weather anybody?
3. How does Linda make her banana bread?
4. What does Joe say about people buried in the cemetery?
5. How does Clemence dress to clean the church?
6. What do Joe and his father plant in the flower beds?
7. What does Joe find in the Lake in Chapter 7?
8. Why does Special Agent Bjerke try to speak with Geraldine in Chapter 8?
9. What happens the first time that Linda comes to Joe's house?
10. What happens when Joe decides to teach Pearl to play fetch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The round house was a place where Indians would perform their ceremonies. According to a story told by Mooshum, why was the round house created? How was it used before 1978? What did the round house symbolize? What was its importance in the attack?
Essay Topic 2
Characters struggle with internal and external conflicts. What is the main conflict in the novel? How do characters deal with that conflict? Is it more of an internal or external conflict? How does that conflict affect the plot and the storyline?
Essay Topic 3
Joe searches for luck. Why does Joe believe that he needs luck? What is the traditional way for an Ojibwe to find luck? How does Joe become lucky when he goes to the lake? Does the luck ease his life or make it more difficult?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)