|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandma Thunder always wear?
2. When was there a case against Durlin Peace?
3. What book does Joe's father call The Bible?
4. How old is Napoleon in Chapter 4?
5. When did Joe and others help Angus's Aunt Star get satellite?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Whitey?
2. What is Geraldine's job?
3. How does Joe describe his mother and her sister?
4. What type of bike does Cappy have, and what is the condition of the bike?
5. How did the Indians get around the prohibition to not practice their religion before 1978?
6. In Chapter 4, what does Joe visualize that the attacker did?
7. Before his mother is hurt, what did Joe usually do after school?
8. What sound does Joe hear when he is at the round house?
9. What does Joe take with him when he goes to the round house early in the morning in Chapter 4?
10. What is Bazil's occupation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joe uses deductive reasoning to search for clues about the attack. In what way does Joe use deductive reasoning to find and eliminate suspects? How well does deductive reasoning work to allow Joe to find evidence about the attack?
Essay Topic 2
Joe is disappointed by the work his father does. What does Bazil do? What does Joe discover when they go through some of Bazil’s old cases? What had Joe thought his father’s work included? Why is Joe disappointed by the work his father does, and how does that affect Joe’s view of his father?
Essay Topic 3
Geraldine’s job is about secrets. What is Geraldine’s job and what does it have to do with secrets? Why is her job the cause of her attack?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)