|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many dogs do Sonja and Whitey have?
2. What type of bike does Zack have?
3. Where did Bazil go to law school?
4. What does Joe take with him when he goes to the round house in Chapter 4?
5. What is the name of the doctor on duty when Geraldine is taken to the hospital in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the book that Joe looks at at the beginning of Chapter 1 and why does he look at it?
2. What does Grandma Thunder make for the boys to eat in Chapter 4?
3. What is Bazil's occupation?
4. Before his mother is hurt, what did Joe usually do after school?
5. How did the Indians get around the prohibition to not practice their religion before 1978?
6. What is the building like where Angus lives?
7. What are Joe and his dad doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
8. What is the history of the house where Joe and his family live?
9. What is Geraldine's job?
10. How does Joe describe Cappy's family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The round house was a place where Indians would perform their ceremonies. According to a story told by Mooshum, why was the round house created? How was it used before 1978? What did the round house symbolize? What was its importance in the attack?
Essay Topic 2
Joe is disappointed by the work his father does. What does Bazil do? What does Joe discover when they go through some of Bazil’s old cases? What had Joe thought his father’s work included? Why is Joe disappointed by the work his father does, and how does that affect Joe’s view of his father?
Essay Topic 3
The Ojibwe are divided into clans. How are the Ojibwe divided into clans? What is the purpose and significance of the clans? Why are the clans important to Ojibwe law and everyday life?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)