|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Joe's house built?
2. How many days of school does Joe miss when his mother is raped?
3. How many gears work on Cappy's bike?
4. Who is Joe's favorite character in Star Trek: The Next Generation?
5. What type of bike does Zack have?
(a) New silver bike.
(b) A ten-speed mountain bike.
(c) A ten-speed road bike.
(d) New black bike.
6. What type of car do Clemence and Edward have?
7. How old was Joe when he decided he would use the name Joe?
8. When was a case tried for Francis Whiteboy?
(a) August 12, 1974.
(b) March 3, 1974.
(c) September 1, 1974.
(d) July 30, 1974.
9. In Chapter 1, how long has it been since Joe's birthday?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 weeks.
10. In Chapter 4, who is the tallest?
11. What does Angus find in the woods in Chapter 4?
(a) A six-pack of Coke.
(b) Two six-packs of beer.
(c) A couple boxes of snack bars.
12. What type of fruit does Joe have to eat in Chapter 4?
13. What does Grandma Thunder always wear?
(a) Jeans and t-shirt.
(c) Smock and jeans.
(d) Flowery pastel dress.
14. What does Geraldine say that she will make Joe and Bazil when she feels better in Chapter 2?
(a) Sloppy joes and cake.
(b) Macaroni and cheese and chocolate cake.
(c) Salisbury steak and brownies.
(d) Chicken sandwiches and homemade ice cream.
15. What surrounds the round house?
(c) Rich grass.
(d) Scrubby plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe smell when he is at the round house in Chapter 4?
2. What does Bazil make for dinner the first night Geraldine comes downstairs to eat after the rape?
3. How long does it take the police officers to take a statement from Geraldine in Chapter 1?
4. What color is the gas can that Joe finds near the round house in Chapter 4?
5. Where has Joe's mother gone while he and his father are digging trees out of the foundation of their house?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)