|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far does Joe live from school?
(a) Less than a mile.
(b) About a quarter mile.
(c) About half a mile.
(d) Just over a mile.
2. What type of flowers did Geraldine plant along the dirt driveway by her home?
3. How old is Joe at the beginning of the novel?
4. What does Edward do for a living?
(c) Math teacher.
(d) Science teacher.
5. How much of a surcharge were George and Grace Lark accused of adding to cash register receipts?
6. What type of tree does Joe's father take to try to replant in Chapter 1?
(c) Box elder.
7. What type of bike does Cappy ride?
(a) An old Raleigh.
(b) Rusted green five-speed.
(c) Rusted blue ten-speed.
(d) An old Schwinn.
8. Who is Joe's favorite character in Star Trek: The Next Generation?
9. How old was Joe when he decided he would use the name Joe?
10. How long does it take the police officers to take a statement from Geraldine in Chapter 1?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 25 minutes.
11. What is the name of Grace and George's child who was raised by a tribal member?
12. What color is the gas can that Joe finds near the round house in Chapter 4?
13. How many hot dogs did Marilyn Shigaag steal?
14. When does Joe go to the round house in Chapter 4?
15. How much money does Joe's mother give him in Chapter 2 to get some milk?
(a) A ten-dollar bill.
(b) Five-dollar bill.
(c) Three one dollar bills.
(d) A handful of quarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was a case tried for Francis Whiteboy?
2. What does Joe smell when he is at the round house in Chapter 4?
3. What type of fruit does Joe have to eat in Chapter 4?
4. Where has Joe's mother gone while he and his father are digging trees out of the foundation of their house?
5. When Joe and his friends eat the sandwiches he brought, what do they add to the sandwiches before they eat them in Chapter 4?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)