1. What year is it in Chapter 1?
2. What color shingles cover the cement blocks of Joe's home?
3. What type of tree does Joe's father take to try to replant in Chapter 1?
(a) Box elder.
4. How old is Joe at the beginning of the novel?
5. Where has Joe's mother gone while he and his father are digging trees out of the foundation of their house?
(b) Grocery store.
(d) Her office.
6. What book does Joe's father call The Bible?
(a) Handbook of Federal Indian Law.
(b) American Indian Law: Native Nations and the Federal System.
(c) Law in a Nutshell: American Indian Law.
(d) Cases on Federal Indian Law.
7. In Chapter 1, how long has it been since Joe's birthday?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 weeks.
8. What day of the week is it at the beginning of Chapter 1?
9. What is Geraldine's job?
(a) Tribal enrollment specialist.
(b) Tribal judge.
(d) Fiscal officer.
This section contains 2,960 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)