|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "is not happy at all" "when your hero falls from grace" in "When Ure Hero Falls"?
2. Shakur concludes the poem "The Promise" stating, "Trickery does not succeed / with those with" what?
3. What did Mrs. Hawkins lose her son to, according to "For Mrs. Hawkins"?
4. "U R Ripping Us Apart!!!" is dedicated to what?
5. What name was given to three African American inmates charged with the murder of white prison guard John V. Mills at California's Soledad Prison on January 16, 1970?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of ambition in "The Eternal Lament," "Only 4 the Righteous," and "What of Fame?" How does hope keep Shakur going despite obstacles?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Nelson Mandela, Malcolm X and Yusef Hawk. How are each of these figures presented in the poems "Just a Breath of Freedom" and "For Mrs. Hawkins"?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the symbolism and imagery in "If I Fail," "What is it That I Search 4," "The Fear in the Heart of a Man," and "God." What themes emerge through the symbolism?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)