|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Along with Lady Liberty, who needs glasses in "Liberty Needs Glasses"?
2. Who does Shakur write "has been defeated by you" in "U R Ripping Us Apart!!!"?
3. What is the first line of "The Sun and the Moon"?
4. What does the poet write has been abused in "No-Win"?
5. What is the first line of the only untitled poem in Section 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of friendship in "Nothing Can Come Between Us," "My Dearest One!!" "If There Be Pain..." and "Things That Make Hearts Break." How is love expressed in these poems?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of women in Shakur's poetry. What reverence does the author place in the female form?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the element of self-doubt in the poems "Untitled," "Love is Just Complicated," "Elizabeth," and "I Know My Heart Has Lied Before." What frustration does the poet express over his inability to know his own desires?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)