|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "remains the same" in the only untitled poem of Section 3?
2. Who was Geronimo ji-Jaga convicted of to kidnapping and murdering?
3. What ceases to work "when your hero falls from grace" in "When Ure Hero Falls"?
4. What "is not happy at all" "when your hero falls from grace" in "When Ure Hero Falls"?
5. Who was liberty misquoted by in "Liberty Needs Glasses"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze "The Shining Star Within" and "Starry Night" and discuss the theme of the fallen star in the poems. How did Shakur relate to the artists?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Tupac Shakur's marriage and divorce. How does Shakur describe his wife in "1 for April," "Wife 4 Life," "Tears from a Star," and "March 1st--The Day After April"?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Tupac Shakur's position with the U.S. Government and its hypocrisy as described in "Government Assistance or My Soul." What imagery does Shakur use in the poem to reinforce his beliefs?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)