|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first line of "Just a Breath of Freedom"?
2. In "Just a Breath of Freedom," the poet writes, "They caged U like an animal / and watched U" what?
3. In "Government Assistance or My Soul," the poet writes that "All unemployed aren't" what?
4. Where was Huey Newton born?
5. What was a system of legal racial segregation enforced by the National Party government of South Africa between 1948 and 1994?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Tupac Shakur's position with the U.S. Government and its hypocrisy as described in "Government Assistance or My Soul." What imagery does Shakur use in the poem to reinforce his beliefs?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Tupac Shakur's marriage and divorce. How does Shakur describe his wife in "1 for April," "Wife 4 Life," "Tears from a Star," and "March 1st--The Day After April"?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of women in Shakur's poetry. What reverence does the author place in the female form?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)