|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the poet write attracted him first in "1st Impressions"?
2. The tears in "Sometimes I Cry" "flow with life but take no" what?
3. The poet asks "Does that make me" what "2 deny the world of my salvation" in "A Love Unspoken"?
4. "The Fear in the Heart of a Man" is dedicated to whom?
5. When is the poem "From First Glance" dated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can the obstacle not be overcome in "The Mutual Heartache"?
2. Who is the poem "Black Woman" about? How is she described?
3. To whom is Shakur writing in "Why Must U Be Unfaithful"?
4. How do the poems of Section 4 illustrate Shakur's feelings about justice?
5. What is Shakur's conclusion in "Where There Is a Will...."?
6. What does Shakur write of the positive influences in his life in "In the Event of My Demise"?
7. What artists and cultural icons are described in the poems of Section1?
8. What examples of injustice does Shakur cite in "Liberty Needs Glasses"?
9. Who is Nelson Mandela?
10. What meeting is described in "1 For April"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the life and works of Tupac Shakur. How successful was Shakur's rap career? When and how did he die?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the structure of the poems "Under the Skies Above" and "Life Through My Eyes." What rhyme scheme does Shakur use in his works?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Nelson Mandela, Malcolm X and Yusef Hawk. How are each of these figures presented in the poems "Just a Breath of Freedom" and "For Mrs. Hawkins"?
This section contains 1,346 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)