|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What autobiography did Huey Newton write?
(a) Suicide Storm.
(b) Suicide on My Mind.
(c) Suicidal Tendencies.
(d) Revolutionary Suicide.
2. Who was Geronimo ji-Jaga convicted of to kidnapping and murdering?
(a) Caroline Olsen.
(b) Josephine McDonald.
(c) Betty Davis.
(d) Mary Williams.
3. To whom did the poet dedicate "When Ure Hero Falls"?
(a) "My Hero My Father.
(b) "My Hero."
(c) "My Hero My Mother."
(d) "My Father."
4. Whose blood does the poet write of being in his veins in "For Mrs. Hawkins"?
(a) Malcolm X.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
5. What does the poet write the shores of Howard Beach are full of in "How Can We Be Free"?
(d) Afrikan corpses.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Nelson Mandela serve as the President of South Africa?
2. What was an underground, black nationalist-Marxist militant organization that operated in the United States from 1970 to 1981?
3. Who was liberty misquoted by in "Liberty Needs Glasses"?
4. "Government Assistance or My Soul" describes what animal imagery?
5. How old does the poet write he is in "Or My Soul"?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)