|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Shining Star Within," the poet writes, "in this place no one Dares 2 Breathe / in Fear of" what?
(c) The truth.
2. The poet writes in "1 for April," "I accept the ridicule in exchange for" what?
(a) "Your love."
(b) "Peaceful eternity."
(c) "The words U share with me."
(d) "A chance 2 B with U."
3. Who was Tupac's first professional manager with whom he left the poems of "The Rose That Grew from Concrete"?
(a) Marvin Johnston.
(b) Don King.
(c) Leila Steinberg.
(d) Javier Rodriguez.
4. In "Love Is Just Complicated," Shakur writes, "I thought I wanted "A" / But "A" was 2 mixed up with" what?
5. What is the final line of "And Still I Love U"?
(a) "I'd want 2 die continuously cry and still I'd love u."
(b) "Even if U changed your mind and said our love was thru."
(c) "Except dream of a better day."
(d) "While others around us fall."
6. In "A Love Unspoken," the poet writes, "because I chose 2 let it grow / People tend 2" what?
7. The first line of "The Rose That Grew from Concrete" is written in what narrative mode?
(a) First person.
(b) Fourth person.
(c) Third person.
(d) Second person.
8. What is the last line of "Carmencita of the Bronx!"?
(a) "And my first thought in the morning was of u."
(b) "I hear u R with another and u R expecting."
(c) "C U in heaven!"
(d) "Your beautiful smile guides me through a day."
9. To whom is "Wife 4 Life" dedicated?
10. What does the poet say his "negative side" will want to do in "Black Woman"?
(a) "Know U."
(b) "Change U."
(c) "Break U."
(d) "Dominate U."
11. In "If I Fail," the poet writes, "No father-no money-no chance and no" what?
12. The poet writes in "And Still I Love U" that being a man, he is sure to do what?
(a) Say something stupid.
(b) Get angry.
(c) Make mistakes.
(d) Have regrets.
13. Who does the poet write is his "microphone companion" in "Only 4 The Righteous"?
14. In "Carmencita of the Bronx!" the poet writes, "I hear U R with another and U R" what?
15. What does the rose prove wrong by learning to walk without feet in "The Rose That Grew from Concrete"?
(a) The city's gardening ordinance.
(b) Nature's law.
(d) The law of nutrition.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Preface, "There was never a day when Tupac did not appreciate" what?
2. What is the name of Tupac Shakur's father?
3. Who wrote the Forward: "Tupac, C U in Heaven"?
4. What single word is written in all capital letters in "In the Depths of Solitude"?
5. Who wrote the Preface of "The Rose That Grew from Concrete"?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)