|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first line of "The Rose That Grew from Concrete" is written in what narrative mode?
(a) Third person.
(b) Fourth person.
(c) First person.
(d) Second person.
2. To whom is "Nothing Can Come Between Us" dedicated?
3. What is the final line of "And Still I Love U"?
(a) "Except dream of a better day."
(b) "Even if U changed your mind and said our love was thru."
(c) "I'd want 2 die continuously cry and still I'd love u."
(d) "While others around us fall."
4. What follows the line "My heart has never known" in "My Dearest One!!"?
(a) "Feelings we can share."
(b) "How much I truely care."
(c) "The other thing that breaks hearts."
(d) "The Joy u bring 2 me."
5. What famous bar in New York City is cited in the dedication of "From First Glance"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What line follows "I am not a perfectionist" in "The Eternal Lament"?
2. In "From First Glance," the poet writes, "The circumstances don't even matter because my heart" what?
3. To whom is "Carmencita of the Bronx!" dedicated?
4. Who wrote the Introduction of "The Rose That Grew from Concrete"?
5. In "Carmencita of the Bronx!" the poet writes, "I hear U R with another and U R" what?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)