|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the translation as Fals-Semblance and Abstinence negotiate?
(a) The translation seems more difficult.
(b) The translation becomes more intense.
(c) The translation seems more florid.
(d) The translation breaks off.
2. Youth lives in whose mansion, according to Reason?
3. Which activity does Reason condemn?
(c) Spending money.
4. Cupid contrasts which of the following with prostitution?
(a) Selling horses.
(b) Selling a home.
(c) Buying pets.
(d) Building a shed.
5. What is corrupted in the description Fals-Semlance provides?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Curtesie and Bialacoil?
2. Which character is representative of pleasant thoughts?
3. What do Fals-Semblance and Abstinence negotiate for?
4. Who is Fals-Semblance's lover?
5. What does Cupid promise to reveal to the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reason disapprove of gifts?
2. What is the consequence of having multiple authors for The Romance of the Rose?
3. Describe Fals-Semblance.
4. What advice does Vekke give to Bialacoil?
5. According to reason, what is Age?
6. How do the topics and themes in The Romance of the Rose change with the change in authors?
7. What does Reason say about rich people?
8. Describe Frend.
9. What plan is put in place for the narrator to get the woman he loves?
10. Is the overall tone of The Romance of the Rose optimistic or cynical?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)