|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who keeps the castle gate?
2. What does Venus give advice to Bialacoil about?
3. What weapon does Fals-Semblance have hidden?
(a) A sword.
(b) A cannon.
(c) A knife.
(d) A mace.
4. What is the narrator's view of the arguments that Reason makes?
(a) Reason is jealous of him.
(b) Reason is rambling.
(c) Reason does not make any sense.
(d) Reason is only trying to hurt him.
5. Which characters rally with Sweet Thought?
(a) Jealousy and Courtesy.
(b) Courtesy and Charm.
(c) Shame and Anger.
(d) Looking and Speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. Reason sees the concept of married love as the same type of relationship as which of the following?
2. Who does Wel-Helinge attack?
3. Who takes the crown of flowers to Bialacoil?
4. What do Fals-Semblance and Abstinence do to Wikked-Tunge?
5. Who sets the castle on fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator listen to Reason's arguments?
2. How do the topics and themes in The Romance of the Rose change with the change in authors?
3. What plan is put in place for the narrator to get the woman he loves?
4. How is hope rallied in the text?
5. What criticisms of the church does The Romance of the Rose offer?
6. What is the consequence of having multiple authors for The Romance of the Rose?
7. Is the overall tone of The Romance of the Rose optimistic or cynical?
8. Why does Reason disapprove of gifts?
9. What message does Fals-Semblance send to the reader?
10. Why is it important to consider historical context when the reader reads about Reason's arguments?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)