|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which activity does Reason condemn?
(d) Spending money.
2. Which characters rally with Sweet Thought?
(a) Courtesy and Charm.
(b) Looking and Speech.
(c) Jealousy and Courtesy.
(d) Shame and Anger.
3. Reason says that what number is the best for friendship?
4. Who does Fals-Semblance refuse to help?
(a) The abstinent.
(b) The unfaithful.
(c) The honest.
(d) The poor.
5. What does Cupid begin to question?
Short Answer Questions
1. The God of Love, according to Reason, stresses which of the following?
2. Who do Fals-Semblance and Abstinence negotiate with?
3. Who does Cupid scold for retreating?
4. What happens to the translation as Fals-Semblance and Abstinence negotiate?
5. Who does Cupid say will become the king of ribaudes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Reason a mouthpiece for?
2. What message does Fals-Semblance send to the reader?
3. How is hope rallied in the text?
4. What plan is put in place for the narrator to get the woman he loves?
5. How do Fals-Semblance and Abstinence work together?
6. How is Fals-Semblance comparable to a priest?
7. How does Cupid respond to Fals-Semblance?
8. Why does Reason disapprove of gifts?
9. How do the topics and themes in The Romance of the Rose change with the change in authors?
10. What happens to the narrator when Fals-Semblance takes over the plan, and why?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)