|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator is advised that using what is the best way to enter the castle?
2. What has happened to the narrator when Fals-Semblance and Abstinence are negotiating?
(a) The narrator has dropped out of action.
(b) The narrator has entered the castle.
(c) The narrator woke up.
(d) The narrator has taken the focus of the story.
3. What is the name of the drink that Cupid vows not to drink?
4. Who does Reason cite as an authority for friendship?
5. Youth lives in whose mansion, according to Reason?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Fals-Semblance and Abstinence negotiate for?
2. What is Cupid's laughter when talking to Fals-Semblance interpreted as?
3. Who keeps the castle gate?
4. Fals-Semblance says a priest gets rich due to which of the following?
5. Which character argues with the narrator, convincing him of many points outside the castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reason disapprove of gifts?
2. What immorality does Reason describe?
3. Is the overall tone of The Romance of the Rose optimistic or cynical?
4. Why is it important to consider historical context when the reader reads about Reason's arguments?
5. What happens to the narrator when Fals-Semblance takes over the plan, and why?
6. What does Reason say about rich people?
7. How do Fals-Semblance and Abstinence work together?
8. How is Fals-Semblance comparable to a priest?
9. What are the main differences between Venus and Cupid?
10. According to reason, what is Age?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)