|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Shame protect the roses from?
2. Who does Reason say is a bad master?
(d) The narrator.
3. Who does Wikked-Tunge especially villify?
4. Who snarls at and then chases the narrator in the rose garden?
5. What do the things painted on the wall represent?
(a) People who have visited in the past.
(b) People who live inside.
(c) Vices not allowed inside.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many arrows does cupid shoot at the narrator?
2. What is Daunger most associated with?
3. Which adjective best describes the couples in the garden?
4. What is Vilanye representative of?
5. The narrator's longing to enter the garden mirrors which reference?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the narrator when Fals-Semblance takes over the plan, and why?
2. How do the topics and themes in The Romance of the Rose change with the change in authors?
3. How does Reason relate love to the feudal system?
4. What criticisms of the church does The Romance of the Rose offer?
5. How is Dread a caricature?
6. Why does Reason disapprove of gifts?
7. How do Fals-Semblance and Abstinence work together?
8. What does Reason describe as the benefits of friendship?
9. How does Cupid's discussion of prostitution and courtly love appear cynical?
10. What immorality does Reason describe?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)