|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Daunger most associated with?
(b) Social status.
(d) Financial success.
2. Who is Shame's father?
3. Which adjective best describes the couples in the garden?
4. In what way is Dread portrayed?
5. Who is Reason's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pain does Reason argue about?
2. What does De Lorris use to describe the garden?
3. Who touches Bialacoil with a torch?
4. What is Recreaundyse symbolic of?
5. How many arrows does cupid shoot at the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bialacoil represent in the allegory?
2. Describe the view of Narcissus that the narrator has.
3. What does Venus's presence in the rose garden mean?
4. Why is the narrator's request to kiss the rose a turning point in the novel?
5. How is allegory used in The Romance of the Rose?
6. What is Jealousy's allegorical meaning?
7. What does Daunger represent?
8. Asses the arguments Reason makes about the pain of love and the need to control emotions.
9. Describe Reason.
10. Describe Wikked-Tunge's appearance.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)