|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Shame protect the roses from?
2. Who does Wikked-Tunge especially villify?
3. The narrator now knows what it is like to be in which of the following?
(a) Venus's garden.
(b) Cupid's hold.
(c) Great pain.
(d) Love's service.
4. How old was the narrator when he had the dream he describes?
5. Who is Reason's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pope-Hope representative of?
2. Who appears to be the reverse of villainy?
3. The narrator follows the river to which location?
4. The narrator's longing to enter the garden mirrors which reference?
5. Who or what does Daungter protect?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Vekke?
2. What message does the allegory relay about the way a woman reacts to a man's interest?
3. Asses the arguments Reason makes about the pain of love and the need to control emotions.
4. Why isn't Hope an allegorical character?
5. What does love feel like for the narrator?
6. How can the rose in The Romance of the Rose be compared to Juliet from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet?
7. Describe the view of Narcissus that the narrator has.
8. What is the significance of the springtime in the story?
9. What is Good Hope?
10. What is Jealousy's allegorical meaning?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)