|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator imagines the feeling of the kiss he requests as feeling like which of the following?
2. Cupid suggests that people prize which of the following?
(a) What they have become.
(b) What they have witnessed.
(c) What they have desired.
(d) What they have suffered for.
3. The narrator discusses the tendency to look where for matters of love?
(a) The past.
4. Cupid tells the narrator that a lover must shun which trait?
5. What does fairsemblaunce represent?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lechery declare war on?
2. Which of the following demonstrates the narrator's lamentations?
3. Who wakes up Jealousy?
4. Who begins to build a castle?
5. Who does Lady Mirth say holds the key to the Garden of Mirth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can the rose in The Romance of the Rose be compared to Juliet from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet?
2. What is significant about the castle that Jealousy begins to build?
3. Who is Bialacoil?
4. Describe Wikked-Tunge's appearance.
5. How is the story of Narcissus an example of foreshadowing?
6. Why is the narrator's request to kiss the rose a turning point in the novel?
7. What is allegorical about the rose in the garden?
8. Describe one of the vices painted on the garden wall.
9. Describe the change that occurs in the writing style in the middle of the book.
10. Describe the view of Narcissus that the narrator has.
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)