|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator discusses the tendency to look where for matters of love?
(c) The past.
2. Who does Wikked-Tunge especially villify?
3. Who does Jealousy want to lock away?
(d) The narrator.
4. Where is the narrator hit by Cupid's arrows?
5. The people in the court are representative of which of the following?
(a) Characteristics desirable in oneself.
(b) Characteristics desirable in a lover.
(c) Characteristics one may perceive everybody else to have.
(d) Characteristics undesirable in a lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator follows the river to which location?
2. What does Wikked-Tunge represent?
3. What does Venus represent?
4. Which adjective best describes the guards of the castle?
5. Who does the narrator ask if he can pick the rose?
Short Essay Questions
1. Asses the arguments Reason makes about the pain of love and the need to control emotions.
2. What does Daunger represent?
3. Who is Bialacoil?
4. Describe the view of Narcissus that the narrator has.
5. Describe one of the characters at court in the garden.
6. What are De Lorris's three motives for writing The Romance of the Rose?
7. How does Cupid suggest that the narrator can be a good suitor?
8. Why isn't Hope an allegorical character?
9. What is allegorical about the rose in the garden?
10. What does Bialacoil represent when he is locked away?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)