Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wikked-Tunge represent?
2. What does fairsemblaunce represent?
3. What does De Lorris use to describe the garden?
4. Cupid is described through a metaphor as which of the following?
5. What is Bialacoil's title?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is most distinct about the change in style of the novel?
2. The narrator discusses the tendency to look where for matters of love?
3. One of the messages in The Romance of the Rose is that hope can do what to a lover?
4. Who are Venus's children?
5. In this allegory, how is it assumed that a woman will respond to a man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Wikked-Tunge's appearance.
2. How is allegory used in The Romance of the Rose?
3. What does Bialacoil represent in the allegory?
4. What is the consequence of having multiple authors for The Romance of the Rose?
5. According to Reason, what is Youth?
6. Is the overall tone of The Romance of the Rose optimistic or cynical?
7. What does Cupid's laughter represent in his discussion with Fals-Semblance?
8. According to reason, what is Age?
9. How can the rose in The Romance of the Rose be compared to Juliet from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet?
10. Describe the view of Narcissus that the narrator has.
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)