|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason is suggested for becoming a good knight?
(a) To earn money.
(b) To protect others.
(c) To be happy.
(d) To win praise.
2. In the allegory, what does the woman shut the man out of?
(a) Fear of punishment.
(b) Fear of love.
(c) Fear of heartbreak.
(d) Fear of commitment.
3. Reason stresses the need to control which of the following?
4. Who or what does Daungter protect?
(a) The rose.
(c) The castle.
5. Who does Jealousy want to lock away?
(c) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator discusses the tendency to look where for matters of love?
2. Who does Shame debate with?
3. In the allegory, what are shame and dread representative of?
4. Who does Wikked-Tunge especially villify?
5. What does the narrator sit down below after seeing the couples in the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does love feel like for the narrator?
2. What message does the allegory relay about the way a woman reacts to a man's interest?
3. Describe Reason.
4. What does Bialacoil represent when he is locked away?
5. What is significant about the castle that Jealousy begins to build?
6. How might the reader's sympathy shift as a result of the way the woman reacts to her suitor?
7. What is Good Hope?
8. Describe one of the characters at court in the garden.
9. What does Bialacoil represent in the allegory?
10. What does Daunger represent?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)