|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is distinct about Wikked-Tungue's appearance?
(a) His tongue is square.
(b) His head is a triangle.
(c) His ears are nonexistent.
(d) His eyes are squares.
2. In what month does the narrator's dream occur?
3. Cupid tells the narrator that a lover must shun which trait?
4. In the allegory, what does the woman shut the man out of?
(a) Fear of commitment.
(b) Fear of punishment.
(c) Fear of heartbreak.
(d) Fear of love.
5. What are gunnes?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator is told that he must wait for which of the following before picking the rose?
2. What does De Lorris use to describe the garden?
3. What do the things painted on the wall represent?
4. What is Daunger most associated with?
5. What kind of pain does Reason argue about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Dread a caricature?
2. What is Good Hope?
3. What is allegorical about the rose in the garden?
4. Asses the arguments Reason makes about the pain of love and the need to control emotions.
5. Describe one of the characters at court in the garden.
6. Describe the change that occurs in the writing style in the middle of the book.
7. What are De Lorris's three motives for writing The Romance of the Rose?
8. What does Bialacoil represent when he is locked away?
9. How can the rose in The Romance of the Rose be compared to Juliet from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet?
10. What does love feel like for the narrator?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)