|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the allegory, what are shame and dread representative of?
(a) Aspects of love.
(b) Characteristics that make one a good partner.
(c) Aspects of personality.
(d) Important parts of a relationship.
2. The narrator says that dreams are symbolic of which of the following?
3. What does fairsemblaunce represent?
4. What does Venus represent?
5. What kills Echo?
(b) Unrequited love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the narrator chased to?
2. Who touches Bialacoil with a torch?
3. Who does the narrator discover has died at the well he sits near?
4. What reason is suggested for becoming a good knight?
5. What is the main symbol of love in The Romance of the Rose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reason say about rich people?
2. How is Fals-Semblance comparable to a priest?
3. Why isn't Hope an allegorical character?
4. Who is Vekke?
5. How might the reader's sympathy shift as a result of the way the woman reacts to her suitor?
6. What does Daunger represent?
7. According to Reason, what is Youth?
8. What advice does Vekke give to Bialacoil?
9. What is the significance of the springtime in the story?
10. What immorality does Reason describe?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)