Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wakes up Jealousy?
2. In the allegory, what does the woman shut the man out of?
(a) Fear of love.
(b) Fear of commitment.
(c) Fear of punishment.
(d) Fear of heartbreak.
3. Who does Jealousy want to lock away?
(b) The narrator.
4. Who begins to build a castle?
(c) The narrator.
5. In the allegory, what are shame and dread representative of?
(a) Characteristics that make one a good partner.
(b) Aspects of love.
(c) Important parts of a relationship.
(d) Aspects of personality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vilanye representative of?
2. Who does Wikked-Tunge especially villify?
3. The people in the court are representative of which of the following?
4. Who are Venus's children?
5. What does the narrator see at the bottom of the well?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message does Fals-Semblance send to the reader?
2. Describe the view of Narcissus that the narrator has.
3. How is the story of Narcissus an example of foreshadowing?
4. Who is Bialacoil?
5. What advice does Vekke give to Bialacoil?
6. What does Reason describe as the benefits of friendship?
7. Describe the tone De Lorris uses to describe the narrator's entrance to Mirth's garden.
8. Why is the narrator's request to kiss the rose a turning point in the novel?
9. What is the consequence of having multiple authors for The Romance of the Rose?
10. What does Bialacoil represent in the allegory?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)