|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character argues with the narrator, convincing him of many points outside the castle?
(b) Sweet Thought.
2. Reason associates courtly love with which of the following?
(b) Broken hearts.
3. What are countours referring to?
4. Reason says that which character is folly and reckless?
5. What ability does Fals-Semblance boast?
(a) Ability to fake chastity.
(b) Ability to punish others.
(c) Ability to love others wholly.
(d) Ability to disguise himself.
6. The narrator's argument with Reason helps shift the story from allegory to what type of story?
(c) Frame story.
7. What does Cupid promise to reveal to the narrator?
(a) The art of hope.
(b) The art of prayer.
(c) The art of lust.
(d) The art of love.
8. When Reason warns about giving and receiving gifts, how does the narrator react?
(a) He almost agrees with Reason, but decides that he will give gifts anyway.
(b) He rejects Reason's warning.
(c) He agrees with Reason.
(d) He does not listen to Reason's warning.
9. Which of the following is true of Fals-Semblance?
(a) Part of him is truly faithful.
(b) He is not critical of the church.
(c) Part of him is hypocritical.
(d) He does not criticize love.
10. What does Reason compare good fortune to?
(a) A gentle lover.
(b) A kindly mother.
(c) A jealous brother.
(d) An angry father.
11. The narrator regrets which character's presence the most?
(d) Sweet Thought.
12. Who is describes as being a cruel overlord by Reason?
13. Youth lives in whose mansion, according to Reason?
14. Who is Fals-Semblance's lover?
15. The main point that Fals-Semblance argues is that the preferable holy way of living is to do what?
(a) Become rich quickly.
(b) Hide one's true nature.
(c) Earn an honest living.
(d) Be safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Genius or Kinde are references to which of the following?
2. What is Reason's view of sex?
3. What weapon does Fals-Semblance have hidden?
4. Cupid contrasts which of the following with prostitution?
5. When talking with Reason, which character plays devil's advocate?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)