|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is representative of pleasant thoughts?
(d) Sweet Thought.
2. Reason says that the narrator will regret doing what with the woman he loves?
(a) Loving her.
(b) Forgetting about her.
(c) Spending time with her.
(d) Having sex with her.
3. The main point that Fals-Semblance argues is that the preferable holy way of living is to do what?
(a) Become rich quickly.
(b) Be safe.
(c) Hide one's true nature.
(d) Earn an honest living.
4. Vekke says that women should try to get which of the following?
(b) Lustful thoughts.
5. What does Fals-Semblance begin to list?
6. Who does Cupid scold for retreating?
(c) The narrator.
7. Who is Fals-Semblance's lover?
8. Who descends from the tower to talk to the narrator?
9. Which activity does Reason condemn?
(c) Spending money.
10. Who does Wel-Helinge attack?
11. What does Nature give to the narrator?
(a) Two flowers.
(b) Two hammers.
(c) Two books.
(d) Two bags.
12. The narrator is advised that using what is the best way to enter the castle?
13. Who does Cupid say will become the king of ribaudes?
(d) The narrator.
14. What does Abstinence represent?
(a) Honest and genuine chastity.
(b) Self-imposed or faked chastity.
(c) Self-imposed punishment.
(d) Fake faith in religion.
15. Reason says that a paramour is which of the following?
(a) One who gives gifts for sexual favors.
(b) One who falls in love easily.
(c) One who receives gifts without giving in return.
(d) One w ho is sinful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Reason encourages the narrator to be which of the following?
2. What does Cupid vow to do?
3. What tone does De Lorris use in describing Cupid's oath?
4. Who is describes as being a cruel overlord by Reason?
5. What does Cupid promise to reveal to the narrator?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)