|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kills Echo?
(c) Unrequited love.
2. The narrator imagines the feeling of the kiss he requests as feeling like which of the following?
3. Which adjective best describes the couples in the garden?
4. The narrator follows the river to which location?
(a) A garden.
(b) A fountain.
(c) A castle.
(d) A cottage.
5. What is Pope-Hope representative of?
6. In what way is Dread portrayed?
7. What does Daungter represent?
8. What is Recreaundyse symbolic of?
9. Who does Shame dress up like?
(a) A priest.
(b) A queen.
(c) A child.
(d) A nun.
10. Which character is most symbolic of punishment?
11. What kind of pain does Reason argue about?
(a) Pain of ignorance.
(b) Pain of love.
(c) Pain of logic.
(d) Pain of happiness.
12. The narrator says that dreams are symbolic of which of the following?
13. What is true about the presence of time in The Romance of the Rose?
(a) There is no sense of passing time.
(b) Time moves very slowly.
(c) Time passes very quickly.
(d) There is no need for a reference to time.
14. Where does the narrator go to seek love immediately after visiting the well?
(a) The fountains.
(b) The castle.
(c) The dining hall.
(d) The rose garden.
15. Who invites the narrator to dance first?
Short Answer Questions
1. In this allegory, how is it assumed that a woman will respond to a man?
2. Cupid suggests that people prize which of the following?
3. What role does Hope take?
4. What does Venus represent?
5. The description of which character is not an abstract personification?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)