|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lacuna 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator is told that he must wait for which of the following before picking the rose?
(a) Wait for it to wither and die.
(b) Wait for it to be unguarded.
(c) Wait for it to fall off on its own.
(d) Wait for it to open completely.
2. The narrator is advised that using what is the best way to enter the castle?
3. Why does the style of The Romance of the Rose change so much after a certain point?
(a) The text gets a new author.
(b) The story is divided into a beginning and an ending.
(c) The narrator's feelings change quickly.
(d) The narrator wakes up.
4. What does Cupid begin to question?
5. Who does the narrator ask if he can pick the rose?
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the messages in The Romance of the Rose is that hope can do what to a lover?
2. The new style that takes over The Romance of the Rose focuses on what kind of traits?
3. Who admits to abusing his wife?
4. In this allegory, how is it assumed that a woman will respond to a man?
5. What does Reason say he will keep the narrator safe from?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)