|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lacuna 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the style of The Romance of the Rose change so much after a certain point?
(a) The text gets a new author.
(b) The narrator wakes up.
(c) The story is divided into a beginning and an ending.
(d) The narrator's feelings change quickly.
2. What is most distinct about the change in style of the novel?
(a) It is long-winded.
(b) It is concise.
(c) It loses focus on the allegory.
(d) It focuses on a new character.
3. Who admits to abusing his wife?
4. What does Cupid begin to question?
5. Where is the narrator chased to?
(a) Behind a fountain.
(b) Outside the hedges.
(c) Inside the well.
(d) Inside the castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator ask if he can pick the rose?
2. The narrator is advised that using what is the best way to enter the castle?
3. Who advises the narrator on the best way to enter the castle?
4. In this allegory, how is it assumed that a woman will respond to a man?
5. The narrator is told that he must wait for which of the following before picking the rose?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)