1. The narrator says that dreams are symbolic of which of the following?
2. What is the principle literary device in The Romance of the Rose?
3. How old is the narrator at the time he is discussing the dream?
4. How old was the narrator when he had the dream he describes?
5. Who does the "Art of Love" refer to?
6. The narrator discusses the tendency to look where for matters of love?
(c) The past.
7. In what month does the narrator's dream occur?
8. The narrator follows the river to which location?
(a) A garden.
(b) A fountain.
(c) A cottage.
(d) A castle.
9. What do the things painted on the wall represent?
(b) People who have visited in the past.
(c) People who live inside.
(d) Vices not allowed inside.
10. What trait is most associated with courtly love?
This section contains 2,975 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)