|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louis tell Adeline about Theodore in Chapter19?
2. Why did Louis go to visit Theodore in custody?
3. Who does Adeline see riding away from the Abbey in Chapter 15?
4. Where do Peter and Adeline go after escaping from the abbey?
5. Who did the man who kidnapped Adeline think her mother was?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Adeline find out about Theodore's family in Chapter 19?
2. Where does La Luc's family meet M. Amand? How do Adeline and Amand strike up a friendship?
3. Why did the Marquis kill his brother? How did the Marquis figure out who Adeline really was?
4. What information does D'Aunoy reveal with his testimony in Chapter 23?
5. Why does La Luc decide to go to London at the end of Chapter 20?
6. What does the judge decide after hearing Du Bosse's testimony?
7. What does the Marquis tell La Motte at the end of Chapter 14?
8. What happens when La Motte enters Adeline's room to murder her?
9. What does Du Bosse explain in his testimony?
10. What does La Motte say to Adeline when she is taken back to the abbey? What happens to Adeline when she its taken back to the abbey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the tone of the novel. What is the tone of the novel? Is this tone commonly found in a novel of this genre? At what points in the novel does the tone change and why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of fear in the novel "The Romance of the Forest." What are some examples of fear in the novel? What is Adeline fearful of and why? Does she face her fears?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the secondary characters of the novel. Who are they and what are their defining character traits? How are they related to the main characters? What are their roles in the novel?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)