|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louis tell Adeline about Theodore in Chapter19?
2. What had revealed Adeline's identity to the Marquis?
3. Who announces that Theodore has received a stay of execution?
4. Where is Adeline taken in Chapter 14?
5. What does La Luc take the chevalier to see in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Marquis tell La Motte at the end of Chapter 14?
2. What happens to Adeline when she arrives in Savoy in Chapter 16?
3. Why did the Marquis kill his brother? How did the Marquis figure out who Adeline really was?
4. What does La Motte tell the Marquis after Adeline leaves in Chapter 15? What does the Marquis do to La Motte?
5. What does Adeline find out about Theodore's family in Chapter 19?
6. What does La Motte say to Adeline when she is taken back to the abbey? What happens to Adeline when she its taken back to the abbey?
7. What does Theodore tell the doctor in Chapter 13? How does the doctor try to help?
8. What does La Luc tell Verneuil is proof of how much he likes him?
9. Who makes a request to see Adeline in Chapter 19? What does he tell her?
10. Who is Du Bosse? Why is he angry with the Marquis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the secondary characters of the novel. Who are they and what are their defining character traits? How are they related to the main characters? What are their roles in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the genre of the novel "The Romance of the Forest," the Gothic romance genre. What are the elements of this genre? Why is "The Romance of the Forest" an example of this genre? What are some other novels of the same genre? What do these novels have in common with "The Romance of the Forest"?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the struggles faced by Adeline throughout the novel. What struggles does she face? How does she overcome them?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)