|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Marquis react to the letter at first?
(a) He is devastated.
(b) He is angered.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is intrigued.
2. What does M.Verneuil give Adeline in Chapter 24?
(a) A picture of her mother and a packet from Clara.
(b) A letter from La Motte.
(c) A portrait of her father and a necklace of her mother's.
(d) Her real father's watch.
3. What position does the owner of the home Adeline awakes in in Chapter 16 hold?
4. Where does La Luc go to try and help Theodore's situation?
5. According to d'Aunoy, why did he give Du Bosse false information about Adeline's birth?
(a) To keep their secret safe.
(b) He didn't know the whole truth himself.
(c) To mess up the Marquis' plan.
(d) To trick him into helping with the scheme.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does La Motte act in the time before he is to kill Adeline?
2. What does Adeline learn about M. Verneuil in Chapter 24?
3. What were d'Aunoy and two other men hired to do by the Marquis?
4. How does the Marquis react to the news that Theodore's condition is serious?
5. What about the letter transfixes the Marquis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does La Motte tell the Marquis after Adeline leaves in Chapter 15? What does the Marquis do to La Motte?
2. What happens to Adeline when she arrives in Savoy in Chapter 16?
3. Why does La Luc decide to go to London at the end of Chapter 20?
4. What does La Luc tell Adeline when she is recovered from her illness? What is Adeline troubled by in Chapter 17?
5. What does the judge decide after hearing Du Bosse's testimony?
6. Why did the Marquis kill his brother? How did the Marquis figure out who Adeline really was?
7. Where does La Luc's family meet M. Amand? How do Adeline and Amand strike up a friendship?
8. What happens when La Motte enters Adeline's room to murder her?
9. What is the Marquis' lone regret in Chapter 23?
10. In Chapter 21, what information do we learn the Marquis had against La Motte, which allowed the Marquis to control him?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)