|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Adeline stay with while in Paris in Chapter 23?
(a) M. Verneuil.
(b) Mrs. La Motte.
2. What does Adeline learn about M. Verneuil in Chapter 24?
(a) He is in love with Adeline.
(b) He is a distant relative.
(c) He is related to the La Mottes.
(d) He is moving to Spain.
3. In Chapter 14, where does the Marquis request to take a walk with La Motte?
(a) In the woods.
(b) Near where Adeline is.
(c) Near his villa.
(d) Outside the abbey.
4. Who did the man who kidnapped Adeline think her mother was?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A princess.
(c) A marquise.
(d) A nun.
5. What does the Marquis stand trial for in Chapter 23?
(a) The murder of his brother.
(b) Trying to murder La Motte.
(c) Imprisoning Adeline.
(d) Trying to murder Adeline.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't La Luc go to see Theodore right away in Chapter 20?
2. What instrument does Amand hear Adeline play one day?
3. What does La Motte tell Adeline he has no power to do?
4. What happens when La Motte tells the Marquis that Adeline escaped?
5. Who does Adeline see riding away from the Abbey in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Adeline find out about Theodore's family in Chapter 19?
2. What happens on the return journey from the Glacier of Montanvert?
3. What does the Marquis tell La Motte at the end of Chapter 14?
4. What is the Marquis' lone regret in Chapter 23?
5. What happens to Adeline when she arrives in Savoy in Chapter 16?
6. Who makes a request to see Adeline in Chapter 19? What does he tell her?
7. What does La Luc tell Adeline when she is recovered from her illness? What is Adeline troubled by in Chapter 17?
8. What is the plan that the Marquis proposes to La Motte in Chapter 15?
9. Who is Du Bosse? Why is he angry with the Marquis?
10. What does La Motte tell the Marquis after Adeline leaves in Chapter 15? What does the Marquis do to La Motte?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)