|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Peter and Adeline go after escaping from the abbey?
2. Where does Louis say he must go in order to see La Luc in Chapter 19?
3. Why did Louis go to visit Theodore in custody?
(a) To relay information from Adeline.
(b) To find out news of Louis' parents.
(c) To tell him to lie in court.
(d) To keep him company.
4. What does Adeline do when she awakes to find La Motte standing over her?
(a) She begs him to save her.
(b) She attacks him.
(c) She screams.
(d) She tries to run away.
5. What does Adeline learn about M. Verneuil in Chapter 24?
(a) He is related to the La Mottes.
(b) He is a distant relative.
(c) He is in love with Adeline.
(d) He is moving to Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adeline hear on the first night on the ship?
2. What is the name of La Luc's daughter?
3. Who gives the Marquis a letter in Chapter 14?
4. What is the name of the chevalier who grab's La Luc's daughter's horse in Chapter 17?
5. What instrument does Amand hear Adeline play one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does La Motte tell the Marquis after Adeline leaves in Chapter 15? What does the Marquis do to La Motte?
2. Who is Du Bosse? Why is he angry with the Marquis?
3. What does Theodore tell the doctor in Chapter 13? How does the doctor try to help?
4. What information does D'Aunoy reveal with his testimony in Chapter 23?
5. What happens when La Motte enters Adeline's room to murder her?
6. What does La Luc tell Adeline when she is recovered from her illness? What is Adeline troubled by in Chapter 17?
7. What does the valet give to the Marquis? How does the Marquis react to the item?
8. Where does La Luc's family meet M. Amand? How do Adeline and Amand strike up a friendship?
9. Why does La Luc decide to go to London at the end of Chapter 20?
10. What is the Marquis' lone regret in Chapter 23?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)