|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does La Motte order his son never to speak to him about again?
(a) Mrs. La Motte's health.
(b) The abbey.
(c) La Motte's behavior.
(d) Adeline's past.
2. How old was Adeline when she was taken to a different convent to live?
(a) Fifteen years old.
(b) Nine years old.
(c) Thirteen years old.
(d) Twelve years old.
3. What do the La Mottes hear one evening outside the abbey in Chapter 6?
4. How does Adeline suggest the Marquis can earn her esteem?
(a) By making her feel safe.
(b) By releasing her from confinement.
(c) By providing her for.
(d) By making her laugh.
5. Where does Adeline discover a hidden door in her room?
(a) Behind a tapestry.
(b) Under a rug.
(c) In the closet.
(d) Behind a large portrait.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adeline become more fearful of as she stays in her locked room?
2. How many days after her dream is Adeline locked in her room?
3. Where does the man who collects Adeline at the tomb take her?
4. What awakes Adeline in Chapter 8?
5. What does Adeline think she hears La Motte and the Marquis talking about in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What danger does Peter tell Adeline about in Chapter 10?
2. What did Adeline's father want her to do since he could not support her?
3. While at the house on the heath, what does Adeline hear a voice tell her.
4. How does Adeline get along with the La Mottes after they settle in the abandoned abbey?
5. In Chapter 5, while singing in the woods, who does Adeline see and what does she do?
6. What does Adeline beg La Motte for in Chapter 9?
7. Where does La Motte send Peter in Chapter 2? Who does Peter have an argument with and why?
8. What does Louis try to get from Adeline before leaving to rejoin his regiment? How does she respond?
9. What do Louis and Madame La Motte squabble over at breakfast in Chapter 5?
10. When the Marquis returns to the abbey in Chapter 8, what does he declare and how does Adeline respond? Why does Madame La Motte encourage Adeline to be amiable to the Marquis?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)