|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Louis go to visit Theodore in custody?
(a) To find out news of Louis' parents.
(b) To keep him company.
(c) To relay information from Adeline.
(d) To tell him to lie in court.
2. Who announces that Theodore has received a stay of execution?
(b) La Motte.
(c) The Marquis.
(d) La Luc.
3. After Adeline's kidnapper testifies, what does the judge do?
(a) He has the Marquis arrested.
(b) He throws a fit.
(c) He postpones the trial.
(d) He throws out the witness.
4. Who does the Marquis send bribes to in Chapter 23?
(a) La Luc.
(c) The La Mottes.
5. What had revealed Adeline's identity to the Marquis?
(a) A note he found in her belongings.
(b) The seal on her letter.
(c) Her necklace.
(d) Her favorite song was also her father's favorite a song.
6. Where is Adeline when she awakes in Chapter 16?
(a) A small cottage.
(b) A farmhouse.
(c) A castle.
(d) A beautiful apartment.
7. Who does La Luc present his son's case to in Paris?
(a) The president.
(b) The prime minister.
(c) The prince regent.
(d) The king.
8. Who owns the home Adeline awakes in in Chapter 16?
(a) Danny La Luc.
(b) Arnaud La Luc.
(c) Jean La Luc.
(d) Peter La Luc.
9. Who is the Marquis making friends with while in prison in Chapter 23?
(a) The other prisoners.
(b) The prison guards.
(c) His witnesses.
(d) A group of rats.
10. What about the letter transfixes the Marquis?
(a) The words written in the letter.
(b) The scent on the parchment.
(c) Its seal.
(d) Its signature.
11. What does the Marquis promise La Motte if he kills Adeline?
(d) His loyalty.
12. What is the Marquis questioned about during La Motte's trial?
(a) Why he visited La Motte so often.
(b) The meaning of the manuscript found at they abbey.
(c) Why he waited so long to charge La Motte.
(d) Why he returned to the abbey after so long.
13. Where does the La Luc family stay when they stop in a small town in Chapter 19?
(a) At the local minister's home.
(b) An inn.
(c) A friend's home.
(d) An abbey.
14. How does La Motte act in the time before he is to kill Adeline?
15. What is the name of the man who gave Adeline to La Motte?
(a) Du Basse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Adeline stay with while in Paris in Chapter 23?
2. Who gives the Marquis a letter in Chapter 14?
3. Where is Theodore being held by the authorities?
4. Why is La Motte's trial postponed in Chapter 21?
5. What position does the owner of the home Adeline awakes in in Chapter 16 hold?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)