|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man who gave Adeline to La Motte in trouble for?
(a) A bar fight.
(b) Conspiracy against the king.
2. Who owns the home Adeline awakes in in Chapter 16?
(a) Jean La Luc.
(b) Danny La Luc.
(c) Peter La Luc.
(d) Arnaud La Luc.
3. Where do Peter and Adeline go after escaping from the abbey?
4. To whom does the man who kidnapped Adeline say she was given to be raised?
(a) The d'Aunoys.
(b) The Grenards.
(c) The Varnous.
(d) The Du Francs.
5. What does Adeline hear on the first night on the ship?
(b) A familiar song.
(c) A scream.
(d) Whale sounds.
6. What instrument does Amand hear Adeline play one day?
(a) The piano.
(b) A lute.
(c) A harp.
(d) A clarinet.
7. What did La Motte do to the Marquis soon after he arrived at the abbey?
(a) He told him to leave his property.
(b) La Motte pretended to be the Marquis.
(c) La Motte robbed him.
(d) La Motte laughed at the Marquis.
8. Where does the La Luc family stay when they stop in a small town in Chapter 19?
(a) An abbey.
(b) A friend's home.
(c) At the local minister's home.
(d) An inn.
9. What is the name of the chevalier who grab's La Luc's daughter's horse in Chapter 17?
10. What do Adeline and La Motte talk about when she visits him in Chapter 23?
(a) His health and her health.
(b) Adeline's past.
(c) Mrs. La Motte's indifference to his situation.
(d) What will be expected of her at the trial.
11. What does La Luc think of the chevalier in Chapter 18?
(a) He respects him and his work.
(b) He is fond of him.
(c) He is suspicious of his overt kindness.
(d) He thinks he is a little pompous.
12. Where is Theodore being held by the authorities?
(a) Pointe Claire.
(c) Saint Hert.
13. What frightens La Luc's daughter's horse in Chapter 17?
(a) A gun shot.
(d) Another horse.
14. Who does La Luc present his son's case to in Paris?
(a) The president.
(b) The king.
(c) The prime minister.
(d) The prince regent.
15. According to d'Aunoy, why did he give Du Bosse false information about Adeline's birth?
(a) He didn't know the whole truth himself.
(b) To keep their secret safe.
(c) To mess up the Marquis' plan.
(d) To trick him into helping with the scheme.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when La Motte tells the Marquis that Adeline escaped?
2. Who is the letter given to the Marquin in Chapter 14 intended for?
3. Who gives the Marquis a letter in Chapter 14?
4. What happens to Adeline when she and Peter reach their destination in Chapter 16?
5. What does Louis ask Adeline for when they meet in Chapter 19?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)