|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What connection does Theodore have to La Luc?
(a) They are father and son.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are old friends.
(d) They are brothers.
2. Where does the La Luc family stay when they stop in a small town in Chapter 19?
(a) An inn.
(b) An abbey.
(c) At the local minister's home.
(d) A friend's home.
3. What do Adeline and La Motte talk about when she visits him in Chapter 23?
(a) Mrs. La Motte's indifference to his situation.
(b) What will be expected of her at the trial.
(c) Adeline's past.
(d) His health and her health.
4. In Chapter 14, what does the Marquis tell La Motte he will return the next day to do?
(a) Kick the La Mottes out of the abbey.
(b) Propose a plan.
(c) Marry Adeline.
(d) Kill Adeline.
5. What does the Marquis stand trial for in Chapter 23?
(a) Imprisoning Adeline.
(b) Trying to murder La Motte.
(c) The murder of his brother.
(d) Trying to murder Adeline.
6. According to d'Aunoy, why did he give Du Bosse false information about Adeline's birth?
(a) He didn't know the whole truth himself.
(b) To trick him into helping with the scheme.
(c) To mess up the Marquis' plan.
(d) To keep their secret safe.
7. Who is the Marquis making friends with while in prison in Chapter 23?
(a) His witnesses.
(b) The other prisoners.
(c) The prison guards.
(d) A group of rats.
8. Where do Peter and Adeline go after escaping from the abbey?
9. How long is Adeline ill before she can leave her room and join her friends?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) Two weeks.
10. What does La Motte tell Adeline he has no power to do?
(a) Help her.
(b) Find his son.
(c) Change the marquis' mind.
(d) Save his wife.
11. Who does the Marquis send bribes to in Chapter 23?
(b) La Luc.
(d) The La Mottes.
12. Who owns the home Adeline awakes in in Chapter 16?
(a) Peter La Luc.
(b) Jean La Luc.
(c) Danny La Luc.
(d) Arnaud La Luc.
13. To what does La Luc's daughter attribute the decline in La Luc's health in Chapter 18?
(a) His age.
(b) The weather.
(c) The worry he feels over money matters.
(d) La Luc's effort to entertain his guest.
14. What is the name of La Luc's daughter?
15. What did the Marquis ask for in return for letting La Motte go free?
(a) His loyalty.
(b) His title.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about the letter transfixes the Marquis?
2. Who does Adeline stay with while in Paris in Chapter 23?
3. Where is Theodore being held by the authorities?
4. What does the Marquis have done to Theodore in Chapter 13?
5. What were d'Aunoy and two other men hired to do by the Marquis?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)