|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 and 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, where does the Marquis request to take a walk with La Motte?
(a) In the woods.
(b) Near where Adeline is.
(c) Outside the abbey.
(d) Near his villa.
2. Who is the author of The Romance of the Forest?
(a) Jane Austen.
(b) Ann Radcliffe.
(c) Charlotte Bronte.
(d) Mary Shelley.
3. What instrument does Amand hear Adeline play one day?
(a) A harp.
(b) A lute.
(c) The piano.
(d) A clarinet.
4. Who is the leader of the strangers who enter the abbey in Chapter 6?
(a) The Marquis de Denault.
(b) The Marquis de Arnoult.
(c) The Marquis de Hubert.
(d) The Marquis de Montalt.
5. Where does Adeline go as soon as dinner is over in Chapter 9?
(a) To the forest for a walk.
(b) To the sitting room.
(c) To the hidden room.
(d) Her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had revealed Adeline's identity to the Marquis?
2. What does Adeline think she hears as she is reading the manuscript in Chapter 9?
3. How does Adeline feel as she reads the manuscript for a second time in Chapter 9?
4. As it happens, how does Adeline find the dinner with the Marquis?
5. What does Adeline notice about Madame La Motte in Chapter 6?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)