|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 and 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does La Motte discover in the upstairs chambers of the abbey in Chapter 5?
(a) A skeleton.
(b) A treasure chest of gold.
(c) A person.
(d) A letter addressed to Adeline.
2. What city are the La Mottes leaving at the beginning of the novel?
3. What does Louis ask Adeline for when they meet in Chapter 19?
(b) Her hand in marriage.
(c) Information about his father.
(d) Five minutes alone.
4. How do those who gather for the trial feel towards Adeline?
(a) They wonder how she will behave during the trial.
(b) They both pity and admire her.
(c) They are suspicious of her good fortune.
(d) They are in awe of her and her new title.
5. What does La Luc say he considers Adeline as?
(a) A sister.
(b) A cousin.
(c) A daughter.
(d) A friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Adeline discover a hidden door in her room?
2. In Adeline's dream in Chapter 4, what does a voice tell her?
3. Where is Theodore wounded when he fights with some officers who have come to arrest him in Chapter 12?
4. What do the strangers outside the abbey break?
5. What does Adeline notice about Madame La Motte in Chapter 6?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)