|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the leader of the strangers who enter the abbey in Chapter 6?
(a) The Marquis de Montalt.
(b) The Marquis de Denault.
(c) The Marquis de Arnoult.
(d) The Marquis de Hubert.
2. What does Theodore suggest he and Adeline do before he is taken away by the authorities?
(a) Exchange promise rings.
(b) Run away.
(c) Make love.
(d) Get married.
3. What did Adeline learn her father wanted her to do with her life?
(a) Become a merchant.
(b) Become a mother.
(c) Become a nun.
(d) Become a poet.
4. What does Theodore worry about Adeline in Chapter 7?
(a) That she is too young to be cooped up in the abbey all day.
(b) That she is indifferent towards him.
(c) That she is too thin.
(d) That she is in danger.
5. Where is Adeline taken after leaving the convent?
(a) To the house on the heath.
(b) To her father's house.
(c) To a cousin's estate.
(d) To a small cottage in the middle of nowhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what happens when La Motte goes to a house near the road?
2. Who is the author of The Romance of the Forest?
3. Why are the La Mottes leaving the city in Chapter 1?
4. Who interrupts Theodore and Adeline's conversation in Chapter 7?
5. What does Adeline do as she walks in the woods after dinner?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)