|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the leader of the strangers who enter the abbey in Chapter 6?
(a) The Marquis de Montalt.
(b) The Marquis de Arnoult.
(c) The Marquis de Hubert.
(d) The Marquis de Denault.
2. Who arrives at the abbey in Chapter 5?
(a) La Motte's son.
(b) La Motte's uncle.
(c) Adeline's father.
(d) A ghost.
3. What becomes a source of comfort to the La Mottes in Chapter 3?
(a) The friendliness of the neighbors.
(b) The country life.
(c) Living in a religious building.
4. What does La Motte spy in the distance which he believes might indicate a place for his group to stay?
(b) A barn.
(c) A light.
5. Why is the La Mottes' son forced to leave his family in Chapter 6?
(a) He has heard news from his fiancee in Calais.
(b) He has business matters in Paris.
(c) His regimental leave is over.
(d) He is kidnapped by the Marquis.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what happens when La Motte goes to a house near the road?
2. Who is Madame La Motte unable to notify that she is leaving?
3. Who is the author of The Romance of the Forest?
4. What is Adeline doing in the woods in Chapter 5 when she notices someone watching her?
5. What is the name of the La Mottes' servant?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)