|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Adeline when she sees the Marquis enter her room in Chapter 11?
(a) She laughs heartily.
(b) She trips and falls.
(c) She faints.
(d) She begins to cry.
2. Where does Adeline discover a hidden door in her room?
(a) In the closet.
(b) Under a rug.
(c) Behind a tapestry.
(d) Behind a large portrait.
3. Who is the author of The Romance of the Forest?
(a) Jane Austen.
(b) Ann Radcliffe.
(c) Mary Shelley.
(d) Charlotte Bronte.
4. Why is Adeline locked in her room in Chapter 4?
(a) There is a war going on outside.
(b) She threatens to run away.
(c) An evil man has taken over their household.
(d) Her father leaves for Paris.
5. Who is the leader of the strangers who enter the abbey in Chapter 6?
(a) The Marquis de Arnoult.
(b) The Marquis de Denault.
(c) The Marquis de Hubert.
(d) The Marquis de Montalt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Marquis promise La Motte if he kills Adeline?
2. Who owns the home Adeline awakes in in Chapter 16?
3. How does Madame La Motte encourage Adeline to treat the Marquis?
4. Why is La Motte's party forced to stay for several days in the town they stop at?
5. What is the name of the La Mottes' servant?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)