|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Adeline's father send her away to live at a convent?
(a) When there was room at the convent.
(b) When she expressed an interest in God.
(c) When she began to act out.
(d) When her mother died.
2. What does Theodore ask Adeline not to do while he is recuperating from his wound?
(a) Pity him.
(b) Worry about him.
(c) Contact his family.
(d) Leave his side.
3. What does Adeline's kidnapper say he was asked to do by the Marquis?
(a) Raise Adeline.
(b) Abandon Adeline.
(c) Sell Adeline.
(d) Kill Adeline.
4. What would Adeline prefer to do rather than visit with the Marquis at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Play in the forest.
(b) Stay in her room.
(d) Sit with Theodore.
5. What does Adeline do as she walks in the woods after dinner?
(a) Follows a light.
(b) Counts the trees.
(c) Talks to herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adeline hear as she is walking through the small town in Chapter 19?
2. In Chapter 14, what does the Marquis tell La Motte he will return the next day to do?
3. What does Adeline think she sees in her room while she is reading the manuscript in Chapter 9?
4. What about the letter transfixes the Marquis?
5. How does Adeline feel as she reads the manuscript for a second time in Chapter 9?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)