|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theodore ask Adeline not to do while he is recuperating from his wound?
(a) Contact his family.
(b) Worry about him.
(c) Pity him.
(d) Leave his side.
2. Who does the leader of the group of strangers have a private conversation with?
(a) Mrs. La Motte.
(d) La Motte.
3. How does Adeline feel as she reads the manuscript for a second time in Chapter 9?
4. What does La Motte order his son never to speak to him about again?
(a) The abbey.
(b) Mrs. La Motte's health.
(c) La Motte's behavior.
(d) Adeline's past.
5. How does La Motte react to seeing the leader of the group of strangers?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is uncomfortable.
(d) He is suspicious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing Adeline eats in Chapter 11?
2. Why is the La Mottes' son forced to leave his family in Chapter 6?
3. What does Madame La Motte suspect is the reason for the change in her husband in Chapter 3?
4. Who owns the home Adeline awakes in in Chapter 16?
5. How does Peter cause Adeline distress in Chapter 10?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)