|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adeline hear as she is walking through the small town in Chapter 19?
(a) An argument about the trial.
(b) Two people discussing chocolate.
(c) Someone call for her to stop.
(d) Someone coughing uncontrollably.
2. In Chapter 14, what does the Marquis tell La Motte he will return the next day to do?
(a) Marry Adeline.
(b) Propose a plan.
(c) Kill Adeline.
(d) Kick the La Mottes out of the abbey.
3. Why doesn't La Luc go to see Theodore right away in Chapter 20?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He is stopped by the Marquis.
(c) He is ashamed.
(d) He is scared.
4. How does Adeline feel about the Marquis coming to dinner?
(a) She is cautiously anticipating his visit.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She dreads it.
(d) She is indifferent to his company.
5. Where is Adeline taken in Chapter 14?
(a) A convent.
(b) The abbey.
(c) To Paris.
(d) An inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Adeline encounter in the small town in Chapter 19?
2. Who is the letter given to the Marquin in Chapter 14 intended for?
3. What does the Marquis have done to Theodore in Chapter 13?
4. What alerts Adeline to Theodore's presence in the woods?
5. What item does Adeline find in one of the hidden rooms in Chapter 8?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)