|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adeline ask La Motte about in Chapter 7?
(a) About why he is on the run.
(b) Whether he will continue to look after Adeline.
(c) About whether her father is after her.
(d) Whether he thinks the Marquis held a man prisoner.
2. Who tries to help Theodore by telling the Marquis his wounds are severe?
(c) La Motte.
(d) Theodore's doctor.
3. What does La Motte tell Adeline he has no power to do?
(a) Help her.
(b) Change the marquis' mind.
(c) Find his son.
(d) Save his wife.
4. Why doesn't La Luc go to see Theodore right away in Chapter 20?
(a) He is ashamed.
(b) He is stopped by the Marquis.
(c) He is scared.
(d) He is ill.
5. How does Madame La Motte encourage Adeline to treat the Marquis?
(b) With a cautious heart.
(c) With respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What connection does Theodore have to La Luc?
2. Who gives the Marquis a letter in Chapter 14?
3. What does Theodore say he has an interest about in Adeline?
4. As it happens, how does Adeline find the dinner with the Marquis?
5. In Chapter 14, where does the Marquis request to take a walk with La Motte?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)