|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event opens Daisy's eyes to a possible future with Steve?
2. What does Daisy find on Steve's car antenna?
3. Steve surprises himself when he speaks of ______________.
4. What does Steve's car attract?
5. What does Steve steal from Daisy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Daisy require round the clock protection?
2. Why does Steve plan the day at the amusement park?
3. What job does Steve offer to help Daisy with the next day?
4. Why does Daisy apologize to Steve?
5. What will Daisy use for transportation?
6. How does Daisy feel after having passionate sex in front of the fireplace?
7. Why do Daisy and Steve end up having peanut butter sandwiches and ice cream for dinner?
8. What happens that delights Daisy and annoys Steve?
9. How does Steve propose to solve Daisy's problems?
10. Why is Steve so annoyed with the traffic all of a sudden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
For a psychologist, Daisy seems to be mostly unaware what is going on with her own life and emotions. It is also obvious that Daisy does not understand what is going on with her own body, as seen in the discovery of the pregnancy. Do you feel that it is common for someone to be so well educated and intuitive toward others but not toward themselves? Give another example of how Daisy might have used her education to benefit her situation.
Essay Topic 2
There are many examples of irony throughout the story. One example is Daisy's encounter with the Roach. Daisy is sent to interview the Roach or one of the law enforcement officials on the scene and ends up apprehending a vicious criminal.
Name at least one other instance, the circumstances and why it is ironic.
Essay Topic 3
Daisy Adams, graduate student, is also the author of "Bones for Bowser," a cookbook containing recipes for dogs. Daisy has an idea to share her dog food recipes on radio station WZZZ. Although Steve Crow, the station owner and manager is not keen on the idea, Daisy is relentless until Steve gives in to the idea.
What gave Daisy the nerve to think she would be able to do the job with no radio experience? What might Daisy have done to convince Steve that the new radio spot would be a hit?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)