|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daisy dress for the charity dinner?
2. How is Daisy's identify confirmed?
3. What is the biggest cause of Daisy's financial strain?
4. Why does Steve think the drug dealer is not the one after Daisy?
5. Who does not go on the fun day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Crow give Daisy the heirloom ring?
2. Why does Steve want Daisy to keep a low profile?
3. What does Steve offer as a half-hearted joke?
4. How did Steve surprise himself with Daisy?
5. Why is Steve so annoyed with the traffic all of a sudden?
6. How does Steve propose to solve Daisy's problems?
7. Why do Daisy and Steve end up having peanut butter sandwiches and ice cream for dinner?
8. Why doesn't Steve use his garage?
9. Why is Daisy nervous about making a good impression at the dinner?
10. What does Daisy prefer to riding the rides?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Elsie Hawkins is a great character for comic relief. Elsie and her vintage Cadillac are also a metaphor for appreciating people and things that are often discarded after a certain age. Examine Elsie's role in the story and how she played a valuable part.
Essay Topic 2
Elsie and Kevin hit it off from the beginning and go on to form a strong but unlikely friendship. Examine their relationship and the relative metaphor.
Essay Topic 3
Daisy has a hectic schedule and is constantly tired. Why does Daisy take on so many jobs? What is Daisy's criteria for working as a volunteer? What kind of volunteer work have you done?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)