|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elsie go after talking to the police?
2. Who gets blamed for the mess in the kitchen after Daisy and Steve have sex on the table?
3. What request does Daisy make of Rhaman?
4. Why does Steve think the drug dealer is not the one after Daisy?
5. Why does Daisy call the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Steve so annoyed with the traffic all of a sudden?
2. What is Daisy's main reason for not wanting to marry Steve?
3. What does Steve offer as a half-hearted joke?
4. Why does Daisy require round the clock protection?
5. How does the theft make Daisy feel?
6. How did Steve surprise himself with Daisy?
7. What happens that delights Daisy and annoys Steve?
8. How does Daisy feel after having passionate sex in front of the fireplace?
9. Why do Daisy and Steve end up having peanut butter sandwiches and ice cream for dinner?
10. Why does Steve plan the day at the amusement park?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Daisy is threatened repeatedly throughout the book but does not seem to take it seriously until her house is the scene of an attack. What changed Daisy's perception of the danger? What might have happened if Steve or Elsie had not been there to protect Daisy and Kevin?
Essay Topic 2
Steve sees Daisy as a quirky mess and nuisance, a woman that is certainly not his type. When Steve spends time with Daisy, he is irresistibly drawn to the Dog Lady. What changed? What about Daisy appeals to Steve?
Essay Topic 3
Daisy's car is ugly and falling apart. Steve feels that it is unsafe and wants to get rid of it. Explore how the car is a metaphor for Daisy's life.
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)