|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of Elsie's favorite things?
2. How did Steve's parents make their fortune?
3. What word best describes Daisy?
4. The reporter is involved in a collision with what object?
5. Which item is not used in reporting traffic?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Steve unwilling to dress more casually for the office?
2. Why is Daisy intimidated by Steve?
3. Steve is inspired by his Grandfather Crow. Why?
4. Why was Steve shocked to hear the on air traffic reporter swear?
5. Why is Daisy alarmed by the sound of gunfire over the scanner?
6. How does Steve find a dog on such short notice?
7. Why does Kevin call Steve a lecher?
8. Why does Steve take Daisy out to dinner?
9. Why is Daisy forced to go through a drive thru?
10. Why are Steve's employees so fond of him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Roach is a high level dangerous drug dealer from the southern part of Washington D.C. Daisy does not think twice about going near the man although there is a crime scene. The exact nature of the Roach's crime is not revealed beyond the fact that there is a hostage. What do you think happened? Is it realistic to think that the Roach would simply let the child go and make a run for it when the building was surrounded?
Essay Topic 2
Daisy is threatened repeatedly throughout the book but does not seem to take it seriously until her house is the scene of an attack. What changed Daisy's perception of the danger? What might have happened if Steve or Elsie had not been there to protect Daisy and Kevin?
Essay Topic 3
Daisy and Steve both have very different ideas on how to live a life. Both are very goal oriented on a professional level but seem to have little else in common. Compare and contrast their personal and professional lives and goals and how they relate to the story.
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)