|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Steve feel about Daisy's new job?
2. Where does Steve find Bob?
3. What excuse does Steve use to take Daisy to dinner?
4. Who is held hostage?
5. How does Kevin feel about Steve?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it necessary to have so many types of equipment for reporting?
2. Why was Steve unwilling to dress more casually for the office?
3. Why does Steve keep Daisy at the radio station if he feels her morning spot is frivolous?
4. How does Steve find a dog on such short notice?
5. Why does Steve let Elsie keep the security job?
6. Why is Steve concerned about Daisy's ability to report traffic?
7. Steve is inspired by his Grandfather Crow. Why?
8. Why is Daisy forced to go through a drive thru?
9. Why is Daisy so shocked when the editor sends her on the call?
10. Why does Daisy work so hard at various jobs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The separation of Daisy and Steve comes at the end of the story after the main plot has been resolved. Is the separation and reunion necessary to the story or is it anti-climactic? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Daisy always seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time in regards to personal safety. However, for apprehending criminals, Daisy's presence is fortuitous. What is the purpose of putting Daisy into strange and dangerous scenarios? Would Daisy have been put into those types of situations before she met Steve?
Essay Topic 3
For a psychologist, Daisy seems to be mostly unaware what is going on with her own life and emotions. It is also obvious that Daisy does not understand what is going on with her own body, as seen in the discovery of the pregnancy. Do you feel that it is common for someone to be so well educated and intuitive toward others but not toward themselves? Give another example of how Daisy might have used her education to benefit her situation.
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)