|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Steve feel about Daisy's new job?
2. What possession of Steve's does Kevin admire?
3. Steve thinks Daisy should probably stick to ____________________.
4. What is the nickname given to the replacement traffic reporter?
5. What item does Daisy want to learn to use?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Steve shocked to hear the on air traffic reporter swear?
2. Why does Steve go along on Daisy's first day?
3. What prompts Daisy to ask for the job of replacement traffic reporter?
4. Why was Steve unwilling to dress more casually for the office?
5. How does Steve find a dog on such short notice?
6. Why is Daisy intimidated by Steve?
7. What offer does Steve make to get to spend more time with Daisy?
8. Why is Steve forced to buy the SUV?
9. Why does Steve keep Daisy at the radio station if he feels her morning spot is frivolous?
10. Why are Steve's employees so fond of him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Daisy and Steve both have very different ideas on how to live a life. Both are very goal oriented on a professional level but seem to have little else in common. Compare and contrast their personal and professional lives and goals and how they relate to the story.
Essay Topic 2
Elsie and Kevin hit it off from the beginning and go on to form a strong but unlikely friendship. Examine their relationship and the relative metaphor.
Essay Topic 3
The separation of Daisy and Steve comes at the end of the story after the main plot has been resolved. Is the separation and reunion necessary to the story or is it anti-climactic? Explain.
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)