|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes care of the money Paul wins at the Lincoln races?
2. What does Paul say he has that lets him win money?
3. How does Paul satisfy what whispers to him after Mother gets her birthday money?
4. Why is Paul winning money?
5. What does Paul do during the big race?
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How does Paul die, and what led to his death?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this plot were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)