|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of news does Mother receive when she contacts someone during the party?
2. What shows that Paul has a special power?
3. How does Paul describe the changes in his life after his mother gets the money she wants?
4. How does Mother feel after she gets her birthday money?
5. Why doesn't Oscar want Mother to have the full amount of money she wants?
Essay Topic 1
Please describe how Paul used the rocking horse, and what symbolism this had on the book.
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the examples of personification in the book, and how did they change the progression of the plot?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)