|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother sense in Paul after her birthday?
2. Why does someone try to send Paul on a trip after Mother's birthday?
3. Who sends something to Mother every year on her birthday?
4. Who is Paul winning money for?
5. Who does Mother contact while at the party?
Essay Topic 1
What role did money play in this short story, and do you agree with the message the author was trying to send through this inclusion of the theme of money?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book, and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)