|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of news does Mother receive when she contacts someone during the party?
2. What shows that Paul has a special power?
3. How does Paul describe the changes in his life after his mother gets the money she wants?
4. How does Mother feel after she gets her birthday money?
5. Why doesn't Oscar want Mother to have the full amount of money she wants?
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
What are your feelings about luck after reading this story, and how did the importance placed on luck by the main characters in this book change that ideal?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)