|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Barrett's job?
2. How does Mother feel in her house?
3. What child is Paul?
4. What impresses Paul's uncle about Paul?
5. Who hears someone whispering they need more?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mother unlucky even after getting rich?
2. Why is Barrett so hesitant to talk to Oscar?
3. How does the author describe Paul as he discovers the name of the winning Derby horse?
4. What does Mother show by the way she reacts to her birthday gift?
5. What does Paul get as a result of his mother's birthday present?
6. Who is Mother's most important servant, and why?
7. Why does Mother say she is so poor?
8. Why is it strange for Mother to have hired servants?
9. What does Mother do when she begins getting worried about Paul?
10. Why does Oscar take Paul to the horse races?
Essay Topic 1
Where did irony occur in the winning race, and how did this affect the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 2
How did Mother treat her children, and what effect did this have on their behavior throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
What changes occur in the relationship between Paul and his mother, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)