Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Barrett's job?
2. How does Mother feel in her house?
3. What child is Paul?
4. What impresses Paul's uncle about Paul?
5. Who hears someone whispering they need more?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mother unlucky even after getting rich?
2. Why is Barrett so hesitant to talk to Oscar?
3. How does the author describe Paul as he discovers the name of the winning Derby horse?
4. What does Mother show by the way she reacts to her birthday gift?
5. What does Paul get as a result of his mother's birthday present?
6. Who is Mother's most important servant, and why?
7. Why does Mother say she is so poor?
8. Why is it strange for Mother to have hired servants?
9. What does Mother do when she begins getting worried about Paul?
10. Why does Oscar take Paul to the horse races?
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the examples of personification in the book, and how did they change the progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of addictions were presented in this book, and which had the biggest effects on the plot, and why?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think is the main moral of this story? Please support your answer with specific citations from the text.
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)