|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Paul and Barrett often talk about?
2. Where is the first place Paul's uncle takes him?
3. Who hates to watch Paul when he plays with his toy?
4. How does Paul hope to win his mother's love?
5. What does Paul hope to win his mother's love from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Oscar addicted to?
2. Why does Oscar take Paul to the horse races?
3. Why is Barrett so hesitant to talk to Oscar?
4. Why is Mother's poverty so frustrating to her?
5. What changes Oscar's idea about Paul while at the races?
6. How does Barrett stay safe while betting?
7. Why does Mother say she is so poor?
8. What is Paul's main motivation in life?
9. How do Paul's sisters feel when they watch him play with his favorite toy?
10. How does Oscar feel when he sees Paul playing with his favorite toy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What changes occur in the relationship between Paul and his mother, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the examples of personification in the book, and how did they change the progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book, and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)