Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Barrett's job?
2. How does Mother feel in her house?
3. What child is Paul?
4. What impresses Paul's uncle about Paul?
5. Who hears someone whispering they need more?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mother unlucky even after getting rich?
2. Why is Barrett so hesitant to talk to Oscar?
3. How does the author describe Paul as he discovers the name of the winning Derby horse?
4. What does Mother show by the way she reacts to her birthday gift?
5. What does Paul get as a result of his mother's birthday present?
6. Who is Mother's most important servant, and why?
7. Why does Mother say she is so poor?
8. Why is it strange for Mother to have hired servants?
9. What does Mother do when she begins getting worried about Paul?
10. Why does Oscar take Paul to the horse races?
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
What role did money play in this short story, and do you agree with the message the author was trying to send through this inclusion of the theme of money?
What changes occur in the relationship between Paul and his mother, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)