Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Barrett's job?
2. How does Mother feel in her house?
3. What child is Paul?
4. What impresses Paul's uncle about Paul?
5. Who hears someone whispering they need more?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mother unlucky even after getting rich?
2. Why is Barrett so hesitant to talk to Oscar?
3. How does the author describe Paul as he discovers the name of the winning Derby horse?
4. What does Mother show by the way she reacts to her birthday gift?
5. What does Paul get as a result of his mother's birthday present?
6. Who is Mother's most important servant, and why?
7. Why does Mother say she is so poor?
8. Why is it strange for Mother to have hired servants?
9. What does Mother do when she begins getting worried about Paul?
10. Why does Oscar take Paul to the horse races?
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Where do you think Paul got his ability to predict races? Please support your ideas with excerpts from the text.
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)