|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Paul win the money in the big race for?
(c) His family.
(d) The house.
2. Who is Mother thinking about while she is at a party?
(d) Her father.
3. How does Paul die?
(a) A spider bites him.
(b) From an illness.
(c) He falls down the stairs.
(d) In his sleep.
4. How much money did Paul win at the Lincoln races?
(a) 5,000 pounds.
(b) 2,000 pounds.
(c) 4,000 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
5. What does Paul do after saying something to his mother after the party?
Short Answer Questions
1. What shows that Paul has a special power?
2. Who tells Paul the good news about the big race?
3. What whispers to Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
4. What does Paul say when his Mother talks to him after the party?
5. How does the house change after Mother gets her birthday money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mother get for her birthday?
2. How does Paul learn about what happens at the Derby?
3. What is symbolic in Paul's death?
4. What keeps Mother at the party when she wants to leave?
5. What does Mother do with her birthday gift?
6. What does Mother do when she gets her birthday present?
7. How does the book end?
8. How is Mother unlucky even after getting rich?
9. What causes Mother to become more connected to Paul?
10. What does Mother show by the way she reacts to her birthday gift?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)