|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul say he has that lets him win money?
2. What does Paul spend all his time thinking about after his mother's birthday?
(a) The house.
(b) The big race.
(c) The school he wants to get into.
(d) The money.
3. Why does Mother act the way she does during the big race?
(a) She is excited for the winnings.
(b) It is her defense mechanism.
(c) Paul asked her to be that way.
(d) She is worried about Paul.
4. What time of day does Paul die?
(b) Night time.
(c) As the sun sets.
(d) The early morning.
5. How does Paul satisfy what whispers to him after Mother gets her birthday money?
(a) Getting into Oxford.
(b) Bringing in more money.
(c) Quitting his betting.
(d) Fighting his sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the change in Paul most noticed on his horse?
2. Who puts money in the big race for Paul?
3. Who arranges for something to be sent to mother on her birthday every year?
4. Who does Paul win the money in the big race for?
5. Who tells Paul the good news about the big race?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mother show by the way she reacts to her birthday gift?
2. What does Mother do when she gets her birthday present?
3. How does Paul learn about what happens at the Derby?
4. Why isn't Paul personally present at the Derby?
5. What does Paul get as a result of his mother's birthday present?
6. What is symbolic in Paul's death?
7. What causes Mother to become more connected to Paul?
8. What does Oscar help Paul plan to do with his winnings from the races?
9. How is Malabar significant to the story?
10. What does Mother do when she begins getting worried about Paul?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)