|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Paul say he will go on his trip?
(a) After he signs up for the military.
(b) After the big race.
(d) After he graduates.
2. How do people know which horse to bet on at the big race?
(a) It is inscribed on the horse.
(b) It was Paul's last word.
(c) She dreams about it.
(d) It is written in the paper.
3. How does Mother change at the end of the book?
(a) She stops needing money.
(b) She becomes beautiful again.
(c) She cares about her son.
(d) She forgives her husband.
4. Who is Mother thinking about while she is at a party?
(a) Her father.
5. What does Paul say he has that lets him win money?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Paul the good news about the big race?
2. What keeps Mother at the party after she wants to leave?
3. Who hires the person for Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
4. How does Paul die?
5. What does Paul do after saying something to his mother after the party?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)