|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does someone try to send Paul on a trip after Mother's birthday?
(a) He is acting strange.
(b) He gave them the money.
(c) He will do better with his studies.
(d) He is annoying to have around.
2. Who arranges for something to be sent to mother on her birthday every year?
3. When does Paul say he will go on his trip?
(a) After he signs up for the military.
(c) After he graduates.
(d) After the big race.
4. What big race is coming up after Mother's birthday?
(a) The Derby.
(c) The Larkwood.
5. What does Mother get on her birthday each year?
(a) A check.
(b) A bouquet.
(c) A nice dinner.
(d) A new piece of jewelery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother sense in Paul after her birthday?
2. How does Mother feel while at a party?
3. What is making the noise Mother hears when she gets home from the party?
4. What keeps Mother at the party after she wants to leave?
5. What can't Mother recognize after getting home from the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What keeps Mother at the party when she wants to leave?
2. What does Mother say caused her family a lot of grief when she was younger?
3. What is symbolic in Paul's death?
4. What causes Mother to become more connected to Paul?
5. How does Paul choose the winners of the horse races?
6. How does the book end?
7. What changes in Mother after she gets the birthday gift?
8. What does Mother do when she gets her birthday present?
9. What does Mother get for her birthday?
10. How is Malabar significant to the story?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)