|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say Paul's eyes blaze with at the end of the book?
2. Why is Paul winning money?
(a) He worries for their future.
(b) Nobody will pay for his education.
(c) He never has luck.
(d) His mother is in debt.
3. How much money does Mother get on her birthday?
(a) $1,000 pounds.
(b) $2,000 pounds.
(c) $4,000 pounds.
(d) $3,000 pounds.
4. Why does Paul refuse his trip after his Mother's birthday?
(a) He has to focus on the derby.
(b) He doesn't deserve it.
(c) It is not what the house wants.
(d) It would use up too much money.
5. What strange luxury does Mother buy in the winter?
(a) A parasol.
(b) Sun shades.
Short Answer Questions
1. What answer does Mother get about Paul's last words?
2. How do people know which horse to bet on at the big race?
3. What does Mother do as soon as she gets home from the party?
4. How much does Paul win in the big race?
5. Whose permission does Mother need to get the money she wants on her birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mother sense during the party she goes to?
2. How is Mother unlucky even after getting rich?
3. How is Malabar significant to the story?
4. What ends up actually happening with Paul's winnings from the races?
5. How does Paul respond when Mother tries to help him when she gets worried about him?
6. How does Paul choose the winners of the horse races?
7. What initially worries Mother about Paul?
8. What keeps Mother at the party when she wants to leave?
9. Why isn't Paul personally present at the Derby?
10. How does Paul learn about what happens at the Derby?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)