|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What big race is coming up after Mother's birthday?
(c) The Derby.
(d) The Larkwood.
2. Who is the money from the Lincoln races given to?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A better.
(c) A storage man.
(d) A banker.
3. Who does Mother ask about Paul's last words?
(d) The nanny.
4. What makes Mother connect with Paul?
(a) His abilities.
(b) His madness.
(c) His weakness.
(d) His money.
5. How do people know which horse to bet on at the big race?
(a) It is inscribed on the horse.
(b) She dreams about it.
(c) It is written in the paper.
(d) It was Paul's last word.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul say when his Mother talks to him after the party?
2. What can't Mother recognize after getting home from the party?
3. Why does Paul die happy?
4. How does Paul describe the changes in his life after his mother gets the money she wants?
5. What is hired for Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Paul tells Mother the winning name for the Derby?
2. What is the first thing Mother does when she comes home from her party?
3. What initially worries Mother about Paul?
4. What changes in Mother after she gets the birthday gift?
5. What happens at the Derby?
6. What ends up actually happening with Paul's winnings from the races?
7. What keeps Mother at the party when she wants to leave?
8. What causes Mother to become more connected to Paul?
9. Why does Paul think he was able to predict all the horse winners?
10. How does the book end?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)