|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother do as soon as she gets home from the party?
(a) Checks on Paul.
(b) Goes to bed.
(c) Takes a bath.
(d) Has some dinner.
2. How has Paul been picking race winners?
(a) The house told him.
(b) His rocking horse told him.
(c) He read it in books.
(d) It came to him in dreams.
3. Where is the change in Paul most noticed on his horse?
(a) His breathing.
(b) His hair.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His hands.
4. Why doesn't Oscar want Mother to have the full amount of money she wants?
(a) It will make her sad.
(b) She will waste it.
(c) It will do her harm.
(d) She will harm others.
5. Why does Paul refuse his trip after his Mother's birthday?
(a) It would use up too much money.
(b) He has to focus on the derby.
(c) He doesn't deserve it.
(d) It is not what the house wants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother get on her birthday each year?
2. How does Paul satisfy what whispers to him after Mother gets her birthday money?
3. How does Mother change at the end of the book?
4. Who hires the person for Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
5. How does Mother feel when Paul turns down the trip after her birthday?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)