|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strange luxury does Mother buy in the winter?
(b) Sun shades.
(d) A parasol.
2. What does Mother get on her birthday each year?
(a) A check.
(b) A bouquet.
(c) A new piece of jewelery.
(d) A nice dinner.
3. How does Mother feel when Paul turns down the trip after her birthday?
4. Who is Paul winning money for?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(d) His siblings.
5. What does Paul ask his mother on her birthday?
(a) If she loves him.
(b) If she got a present.
(c) If she feels lucky.
(d) If she is happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paul describe the changes in his life after his mother gets the money she wants?
2. What color is Mother wearing at her party?
3. What can't Mother recognize after getting home from the party?
4. Who does Paul explain his race picking secret to?
5. Who does Mother contact while at the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mother show by the way she reacts to her birthday gift?
2. How is Malabar significant to the story?
3. What does Mother sense during the party she goes to?
4. What does Oscar help Paul plan to do with his winnings from the races?
5. How does Paul learn about what happens at the Derby?
6. What is the first thing Mother does when she comes home from her party?
7. What keeps Mother at the party when she wants to leave?
8. How is Mother unlucky even after getting rich?
9. What does Paul get as a result of his mother's birthday present?
10. What does Mother do when she begins getting worried about Paul?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)