|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does someone try to send Paul on a trip after Mother's birthday?
(a) He is annoying to have around.
(b) He gave them the money.
(c) He will do better with his studies.
(d) He is acting strange.
2. What does the author say Paul's eyes blaze with at the end of the book?
3. Who does Mother contact while at the party?
(a) Her father.
(c) The nanny.
4. Why is Paul winning money?
(a) His mother is in debt.
(b) He never has luck.
(c) Nobody will pay for his education.
(d) He worries for their future.
5. How does Mother contact someone while at the party?
(a) She sends a telegram.
(b) None of these.
(c) She sends a messenger.
(d) She makes a phone call.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mother feel when Paul turns down the trip after her birthday?
2. What does Paul ask his mother on her birthday?
3. What does Mother do as soon as she gets home from the party?
4. What is hired for Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
5. What is making the noise Mother hears when she gets home from the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paul choose the winners of the horse races?
2. What initially worries Mother about Paul?
3. How does Paul respond when Mother tries to help him when she gets worried about him?
4. What happens after Paul tells Mother the winning name for the Derby?
5. How is Mother unlucky even after getting rich?
6. What is Paul hoping to hear from the house after his mother gets her birthday present?
7. What does Mother say caused her family a lot of grief when she was younger?
8. What does Mother show by the way she reacts to her birthday gift?
9. What does the house say to Paul after his mother gets her birthday present?
10. What does Mother do with her birthday gift?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)