|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother do as soon as she gets home from the party?
(a) Takes a bath.
(b) Goes to bed.
(c) Has some dinner.
(d) Checks on Paul.
2. What color is Paul wearing when he makes the pick for the final race?
3. Where did Father go to school?
4. Who sends something to Mother every year on her birthday?
(a) A banker.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A florist.
(d) A judge.
5. What whispers to Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
(a) The windows.
(b) The books.
(c) The horse.
(d) The house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day does Paul die?
2. What answer does Mother get about Paul's last words?
3. Who arranges for something to be sent to mother on her birthday every year?
4. How much money did Paul win at the Lincoln races?
5. How does Paul act during the big race?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mother get for her birthday?
2. What initially worries Mother about Paul?
3. Why does Paul think he was able to predict all the horse winners?
4. How is Mother unlucky even after getting rich?
5. Why isn't Paul personally present at the Derby?
6. What does Paul get as a result of his mother's birthday present?
7. What happens at the Derby?
8. How does the book end?
9. What happens after Paul tells Mother the winning name for the Derby?
10. What is Paul hoping to hear from the house after his mother gets her birthday present?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)