|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of news does Mother receive when she contacts someone during the party?
(a) Sad news.
(b) Scary news.
(c) Strange news.
(d) Good news.
2. What shows that Paul has a special power?
(a) His guessing the winners.
(b) His strange vocabulary.
(c) The change in his eyes.
(d) The connetion with the horse.
3. How does Paul describe the changes in his life after his mother gets the money she wants?
(a) Not at all.
4. How does Mother feel after she gets her birthday money?
(a) As if she deserved it.
(c) Slightly happier.
5. Why doesn't Oscar want Mother to have the full amount of money she wants?
(a) She will waste it.
(b) It will make her sad.
(c) It will do her harm.
(d) She will harm others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is hired for Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
2. What answer does Mother get about Paul's last words?
3. How is Paul's expression after Mother's birthday described?
4. Who does Paul win the money in the big race for?
5. Why is Paul so nervous about the race after his mother's birthday?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)