|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends something to Mother every year on her birthday?
(a) A judge.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A banker.
(d) A florist.
2. Who puts money in the big race for Paul?
(c) The nanny.
3. What answer does Mother get about Paul's last words?
(a) It is her fault.
(b) That is a kind of prayer.
(c) He has been saying that for a while.
(d) It is a horse.
4. How does Mother act during the big race?
5. What does an inanimate object whisper to Paul?
(a) It is lonely.
(b) It is sick.
(c) It is dying.
(d) It needs money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul spend all his time thinking about after his mother's birthday?
2. What does Mother hear when she gets from from the party?
3. Why does Mother want to leave the party early?
4. How does Paul die?
5. What can't Mother recognize after getting home from the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mother do when she gets her birthday present?
2. How is Mother unlucky even after getting rich?
3. What ends up actually happening with Paul's winnings from the races?
4. What does Mother get for her birthday?
5. What changes in Mother after she gets the birthday gift?
6. What does Mother say caused her family a lot of grief when she was younger?
7. What is the first thing Mother does when she comes home from her party?
8. How does Paul learn about what happens at the Derby?
9. What does Paul get as a result of his mother's birthday present?
10. What is Paul hoping to hear from the house after his mother gets her birthday present?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)