|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Paul the good news about the big race?
(a) None of these.
2. How much money does Mother get on her birthday?
(a) $1,000 pounds.
(b) $4,000 pounds.
(c) $2,000 pounds.
(d) $3,000 pounds.
3. How much money did Paul win at the Lincoln races?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 5,000 pounds.
(c) 2,000 pounds.
(d) 4,000 pounds.
4. How do people know which horse to bet on at the big race?
(a) It is inscribed on the horse.
(b) She dreams about it.
(c) It was Paul's last word.
(d) It is written in the paper.
5. How does Paul act during the big race?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He is unconscious.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is calm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Paul been picking race winners?
2. What strange luxury does Mother buy in the winter?
3. What shows that Paul has a special power?
4. What answer does Mother get about Paul's last words?
5. What kind of news does Mother receive when she contacts someone during the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mother do when she begins getting worried about Paul?
2. What is the first thing Mother does when she comes home from her party?
3. What happens after Paul tells Mother the winning name for the Derby?
4. Why does Paul think he was able to predict all the horse winners?
5. What does Mother do with her birthday gift?
6. What does Mother sense during the party she goes to?
7. What does Mother get for her birthday?
8. What keeps Mother at the party when she wants to leave?
9. What does the house say to Paul after his mother gets her birthday present?
10. What happens at the Derby?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)