|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Barrett describe Paul's talent?
2. What does Paul's uncle do when Paul makes his first bet?
(c) All of these.
3. How does Mother feel in her house?
4. What is Ascot?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A betting hall.
(c) A race.
(d) A champion fighter.
5. What is Barrett's job?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother have a hard time giving her children?
2. How does Barrett safeguard unsure bets?
3. Where is Paul's favorite toy kept?
4. How is Paul described as a child?
5. What does Mother try to shower her children with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is strange about Paul's first bet at the horse races?
2. Why does Mother say she is so poor?
3. What does the house say to the children?
4. What do the children all sense about their mother even with her attempts to hide it?
5. What is Paul's main motivation in life?
6. Why does Oscar take Paul to the horse races?
7. What does Mother consider her biggest mistake?
8. What is Oscar addicted to?
9. How does Barrett stay safe while betting?
10. Why is Barrett so hesitant to talk to Oscar?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)