|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Barrett describe Paul's talent?
2. Why doesn't Barrett answer all of Paul's uncle's questions about Paul?
(a) He doesn't want to get in trouble.
(b) He is embarrassed.
(c) He doesn't know the answers.
(d) He respects Paul's privacy.
3. What does Joan teach Paul all about?
(a) Human nature.
(b) Horse racing.
4. How much money has Paul made with Barrett?
(a) 2,500 pounds.
(b) 3,500 pounds.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 1,500 pounds.
5. Where is the first place Paul's uncle takes him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mother tell her children they are poor?
2. What is Barrett's job?
3. What does Mother say was her biggest mistake?
4. Who does Mother like to lord over?
5. Who does Mother say gave Paul what she needs from him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it strange for Mother to have hired servants?
2. How does Barrett stay safe while betting?
3. What does Joan tell Oscar about Paul?
4. How does Mother feel about her children?
5. How does Oscar feel when he sees Paul playing with his favorite toy?
6. What favor has Barrett been doing for Paul?
7. How is Paul different from his siblings?
8. Why is Barrett so hesitant to talk to Oscar?
9. What does Paul invite Oscar to do while at the races?
10. Who is Barrett?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)