|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mother trying to do when she tells Paul he has something she needs?
(a) Motivate him.
(b) Distract him.
(c) Get rid of him,
(d) Humor him.
2. What disintegrates shortly after Mother gets married?
(a) Her relationship with her husband.
(b) Her goals and dreams.
(c) Her ties to her family.
(d) Her good looks.
3. How much money has Paul made with Barrett?
(a) 3,500 pounds.
(b) 1,500 pounds.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 2,500 pounds.
4. Who does Mother blame in private for being so poor?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her husband.
(d) Her children.
5. What happened to Mother after she got married?
(a) She got very ill.
(b) She had bad luck.
(c) She was cheated on.
(d) She lost her inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Paul's favorite toy kept?
2. What question does Paul ask that nobody else has?
3. Why does Mother say she is not successful?
4. What does Paul invite his uncle to do?
5. Who does Barrett tell Paul's uncle to talk to Paul about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paul tell Oscar about Barrett?
2. How does Barrett stay safe while betting?
3. What causes Mother to become more connected to Paul?
4. What changes in Mother after she gets the birthday gift?
5. What does Paul invite Oscar to do while at the races?
6. How does Mr. Barrett make a lot of his money?
7. What initially worries Mother about Paul?
8. How does Paul respond when Mother tries to help him when she gets worried about him?
9. Why is Paul so interested in horse racing?
10. Why does Mother say she is so poor?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)