|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joan teach Paul all about?
(a) Human nature.
(d) Horse racing.
2. How does Mother feel in her house?
3. Who does Mother fool with what she showers her children with?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her husband.
(c) People on the outside.
4. Why did Mother get married?
(a) All of these.
(b) She wanted to make her father angry.
(c) She needed money.
(d) She was in love.
5. Who is with Paul's uncle when he first sees Paul on his favorite toy?
(b) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Paul's uncle about what he and Barrett talk about?
2. Who put Paul's family in debt?
3. Who has helped Barrett make his fortune?
4. Who hates to watch Paul when he plays with his toy?
5. How is Paul described as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mother consider her biggest mistake?
2. Why does Oscar take Paul to the horse races?
3. What does the house say to the children?
4. What favor has Barrett been doing for Paul?
5. Why is it strange for Mother to have hired servants?
6. How is Paul different from his siblings?
7. What changes Oscar's idea about Paul while at the races?
8. How does Paul play with his favorite toy?
9. What does Joan tell Oscar about Paul?
10. Why is Mother's poverty so frustrating to her?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)