|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mother like to lord over?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Everyone in town.
(c) Her siblings.
(d) Her children.
2. Who has helped Barrett make his fortune?
3. Where is Paul when he invites his uncle to do something?
(a) A cab.
(b) The garden.
(c) His house.
(d) The races.
4. What does Joan teach Paul all about?
(b) Human nature.
(d) Horse racing.
5. Who does Barrett tell Paul's uncle to talk to Paul about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Barrett talk to about Paul's talents?
2. Who hates to watch Paul when he plays with his toy?
3. Why is it hard for Mother to keep up the appearance she wants after her marriage?
4. Who is Mother's most important servant?
5. Who has helped Paul make his fortune?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the Derby?
2. What does Joan tell Oscar about Paul?
3. How does Paul choose the winners of the horse races?
4. What does Paul get as a result of his mother's birthday present?
5. Why isn't Paul personally present at the Derby?
6. Why is Paul so interested in horse racing?
7. What does Mother show by the way she reacts to her birthday gift?
8. How does Mr. Barrett make a lot of his money?
9. How does Oscar feel when he sees Paul playing with his favorite toy?
10. Why is Barrett so hesitant to talk to Oscar?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)