|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are Paul's eyes?
2. What does Joan teach Paul all about?
(a) Horse racing.
(c) Human nature.
3. What does Paul think he has found through the betting?
4. Who is with Paul's uncle when he first sees Paul on his favorite toy?
(d) All of these.
5. What is Paul's favorite toy made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mother described at the beginning of the book?
2. What is Paul's uncle's name?
3. Who hears someone whispering they need more?
4. How does Barrett know what to bet on?
5. Where does Barrett think Paul got his talent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the house say to the children?
2. What is strange about Paul's first bet at the horse races?
3. Who is Mother's most important servant, and why?
4. How does Barrett stay safe while betting?
5. How is Paul different from his siblings?
6. How does Mr. Barrett make a lot of his money?
7. What does Mother consider her biggest mistake?
8. Who is Barrett?
9. Why is Barrett so hesitant to talk to Oscar?
10. Why is it strange for Mother to have hired servants?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)