|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Paul's favorite toy?
(a) His race track.
(b) His toy drum.
(c) His stuffed bunny.
(d) His rocking horse.
2. What does Joan do when Paul tells his uncle what she taught him?
(a) Hits him.
(d) Runs away.
3. What military branch was Paul's uncle involved in?
(a) The Marines.
(b) The Army.
(c) The Air Force.
(d) The Navy.
4. What question does Paul ask that nobody else has?
(a) Why they are poor.
(b) Where Father is.
(c) What money is.
(d) How to get rich.
5. Why is it hard for Mother to keep up the appearance she wants after her marriage?
(a) She is aging badly.
(b) She is seen with other men often.
(c) She is miserable.
(d) They have no money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has helped Paul make his fortune?
2. How is Paul described as a child?
3. How does the author describe Mother's taste in things?
4. Who does Mother say gave Paul what she needs from him?
5. What does Paul's uncle ask Barrett about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Paul's sisters feel when they watch him play with his favorite toy?
2. What changes Oscar's idea about Paul while at the races?
3. How does Mr. Barrett make a lot of his money?
4. What is Oscar addicted to?
5. How does Barrett stay safe while betting?
6. What does Paul invite Oscar to do while at the races?
7. Why is Barrett so hesitant to talk to Oscar?
8. What is strange about Paul's first bet at the horse races?
9. What does Mother do to try and make her children happy?
10. How does Oscar respond when he sees what Paul's first bet at the horse races is?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)