|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul invite his uncle to do?
(a) Loan him money.
(b) Learn his methods.
(c) Come to the races.
(d) Join his partnership.
2. What is Ascot?
(a) A champion fighter.
(b) A race.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A betting hall.
3. What kind of hair does Paul have?
4. What is Mother trying to do when she tells Paul he has something she needs?
(a) Distract him.
(b) Get rid of him,
(c) Motivate him.
(d) Humor him.
5. What is Paul's main motivation?
(a) His mother's problems.
(b) His friendship with Barrett.
(c) His belief in God.
(d) His father's failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mother fool with what she showers her children with?
2. Who hates to watch Paul when he plays with his toy?
3. What does Joan do when Paul tells his uncle what she taught him?
4. When is the only time Barrett has lost on his bets?
5. Why did someone put Paul's family in debt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joan tell Oscar about Paul?
2. What does Mother consider her biggest mistake?
3. What favor has Barrett been doing for Paul?
4. Why is Paul so interested in horse racing?
5. Why does Uncle Oscar choose to talk to Barrett?
6. What is strange about Paul's first bet at the horse races?
7. What does Paul tell Oscar about Barrett?
8. How does Oscar respond when he sees what Paul's first bet at the horse races is?
9. What does the house say to the children?
10. How does Oscar feel when he sees Paul playing with his favorite toy?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)