|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What military branch was Paul's uncle involved in?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Marines.
(c) The Air Force.
(d) The Navy.
2. What bothers Joan about what Paul and Barrett talk about?
(a) It is always secret.
(b) It is all they ever talk about.
(c) It is juvenile.
(d) It is against the Bible.
3. Why is it strange for Mother to keep servants?
(a) She lives in a bad part of town.
(b) Her children are grown.
(c) She can't afford it.
(d) Her house is small.
4. Who does Barrett tell Paul's uncle to talk to Paul about?
5. How many children does mother have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Joan and Paul related?
2. What does Paul tell his uncle he knows a lot about?
3. How does Paul use his favorite toy?
4. What happened to Mother after she got married?
5. Why did someone put Paul's family in debt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it strange for Mother to have hired servants?
2. What does the house say to the children?
3. Why does Mother say she is so poor?
4. What does Mother consider her biggest mistake?
5. What do the children all sense about their mother even with her attempts to hide it?
6. Why is Barrett so hesitant to talk to Oscar?
7. What is Oscar addicted to?
8. How does Oscar respond when he sees what Paul's first bet at the horse races is?
9. Why is Mother's poverty so frustrating to her?
10. Why is Paul so interested in horse racing?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)