|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Paul's favorite toy?
(a) His race track.
(b) His toy drum.
(c) His rocking horse.
(d) His stuffed bunny.
2. What color are Paul's eyes?
3. Where is Paul's favorite toy kept?
(a) The nursery.
(b) The basement.
(c) His room.
(d) The store.
4. What branch of military was Barrett involved in?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Air Force.
(c) The Marines.
(d) The Navy.
5. Who whispers that they need more?
(a) The church.
(b) The house.
(d) The children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mother say gave Paul what she needs from him?
2. How does the author describe Mother's taste in things?
3. When is the only time Barrett has lost on his bets?
4. What is Paul's favorite toy made of?
5. What does Paul tell his uncle he knows a lot about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Paul's sisters feel when they watch him play with his favorite toy?
2. How does Barrett stay safe while betting?
3. How does Paul play with his favorite toy?
4. How does Mr. Barrett make a lot of his money?
5. What does the house say to the children?
6. What does Paul tell Oscar about Barrett?
7. What does Mother consider her biggest mistake?
8. What does Mother do to try and make her children happy?
9. What is strange about Paul's first bet at the horse races?
10. Why is it strange for Mother to have hired servants?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)