|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What branch of military was Barrett involved in?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The Marines.
(c) The Air Force.
(d) The Army.
2. Why is it strange for Mother to keep servants?
(a) She lives in a bad part of town.
(b) Her children are grown.
(c) She can't afford it.
(d) Her house is small.
3. What does Paul hope to win his mother's love from?
(b) His father.
(c) The past.
(d) The house.
4. How is Paul described as a child?
5. What bothers Joan about what Paul and Barrett talk about?
(a) It is against the Bible.
(b) It is always secret.
(c) It is all they ever talk about.
(d) It is juvenile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Mother after she got married?
2. What does Joan teach Paul all about?
3. What is Paul's uncle a fanatic about?
4. What does Paul's uncle do when Paul makes his first bet?
5. What impresses Paul's uncle about Paul?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paul tell Oscar about Barrett?
2. Why is it strange for Mother to have hired servants?
3. Why is Barrett so hesitant to talk to Oscar?
4. Who is Mother's most important servant, and why?
5. What does Joan tell Oscar about Paul?
6. How does Oscar respond when he sees what Paul's first bet at the horse races is?
7. How is Paul different from his siblings?
8. How does Mr. Barrett make a lot of his money?
9. How does Mother feel about her children?
10. What does Mother do to try and make her children happy?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)