|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Barrett's job?
2. What does Mother try to keep the appearance of after her marriage?
(a) That she is beautiful.
(b) That she is rich.
(c) That she is faithful.
(d) That she is happy.
3. Who does Mother like to lord over?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Everyone in town.
(d) Her siblings.
4. Why does Mother tell her children they are poor?
(a) They were all born.
(b) She spent the money.
(c) Their father is unlucky.
(d) She got sick.
5. Why doesn't Barrett answer all of Paul's uncle's questions about Paul?
(a) He respects Paul's privacy.
(b) He doesn't know the answers.
(c) He is embarrassed.
(d) He doesn't want to get in trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mother trying to do when she tells Paul he has something she needs?
2. What is Paul's uncle a fanatic about?
3. Why is it hard for Mother to keep up the appearance she wants after her marriage?
4. Who has helped Barrett make his fortune?
5. Who hates to watch Paul when he plays with his toy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Barrett?
2. What is symbolic in Paul's death?
3. What is symbolic about the clothing worn by Mother the night of her party?
4. What keeps Mother at the party when she wants to leave?
5. How does Oscar respond when he sees what Paul's first bet at the horse races is?
6. What changes in Mother after she gets the birthday gift?
7. What happens at the Derby?
8. What is Paul's main motivation in life?
9. What does the house say to the children?
10. How does Paul choose the winners of the horse races?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)