|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joan teach Paul all about?
(a) Horse racing.
(c) Human nature.
2. Where is Paul when he invites his uncle to do something?
(a) His house.
(b) The garden.
(c) A cab.
(d) The races.
3. Who hates to watch Paul when he plays with his toy?
(a) His sisters.
(b) All of these.
(d) His nanny.
4. What does Mother try to shower her children with?
(d) Hand me downs.
5. Who whispers that they need more?
(a) The children.
(b) The church.
(d) The house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother have a hard time giving her children?
2. How was Mother raised?
3. Who has helped Paul make his fortune?
4. What impresses Paul's uncle about Paul?
5. Why is it hard for Mother to keep up the appearance she wants after her marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Paul so interested in horse racing?
2. What changes Oscar's idea about Paul while at the races?
3. What is strange about Paul's first bet at the horse races?
4. Why does Oscar take Paul to the horse races?
5. How does Mother feel about her children?
6. Why is Barrett so hesitant to talk to Oscar?
7. What does Mother do to try and make her children happy?
8. Why does Mother say she is so poor?
9. What does Paul invite Oscar to do while at the races?
10. How does Oscar feel when he sees Paul playing with his favorite toy?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)