|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mother trying to do when she tells Paul he has something she needs?
(a) Get rid of him,
(b) Motivate him.
(c) Distract him.
(d) Humor him.
2. What does Mother say Paul has that she needs?
3. Why is it strange for Mother to keep servants?
(a) She can't afford it.
(b) She lives in a bad part of town.
(c) Her children are grown.
(d) Her house is small.
4. Who does Mother say gave Paul what she needs from him?
(a) Her uncle.
(d) His father.
5. How does Paul use his favorite toy?
(a) He reads it.
(b) He rocks it.
(c) He hits it.
(d) He transforms it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Paul's uncle and Barrett meet?
2. What does Mother try to keep the appearance of after her marriage?
3. How does Paul hope to win his mother's love?
4. How does Barrett describe Paul's talent?
5. What does Paul tell his uncle he knows a lot about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the house say to the children?
2. How does Oscar respond when he sees what Paul's first bet at the horse races is?
3. When does Barrett make his biggest bets?
4. Who is Barrett?
5. Why does Oscar take Paul to the horse races?
6. How does Mother feel about her children?
7. What does Mother consider her biggest mistake?
8. Why is it strange for Mother to have hired servants?
9. How does Barrett stay safe while betting?
10. How does Mr. Barrett make a lot of his money?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)