|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Mother such an unlikable character?
(a) She doesn't like her children.
(b) She is manipulative.
(c) She is not pretty.
(d) She is young.
2. What is Paul's favorite toy made of?
3. How does Paul use his favorite toy?
(a) He rocks it.
(b) He transforms it.
(c) He hits it.
(d) He reads it.
4. What child is Paul?
5. Why does Mother say she is not successful?
(a) Her husband is unlucky.
(b) She has a short attention span.
(c) She was never sent to school.
(d) Her family is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul think he has found through the betting?
2. Why did someone put Paul's family in debt?
3. What military branch was Paul's uncle involved in?
4. Who has helped Barrett make his fortune?
5. What is Paul's uncle's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Oscar addicted to?
2. Why does Oscar take Paul to the horse races?
3. What favor has Barrett been doing for Paul?
4. When does Barrett make his biggest bets?
5. Why does Mother say she is so poor?
6. How does Oscar feel when he sees Paul playing with his favorite toy?
7. Why is Paul so interested in horse racing?
8. What does Mother consider her biggest mistake?
9. Who is Barrett?
10. What do the children all sense about their mother even with her attempts to hide it?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)