|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mother fool with what she showers her children with?
(a) People on the outside.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her children.
2. What does Mother love to buy for her children?
(d) All of these.
3. Why is it hard for Mother to keep up the appearance she wants after her marriage?
(a) She is seen with other men often.
(b) They have no money.
(c) She is miserable.
(d) She is aging badly.
4. Where is the first place Paul's uncle takes him?
5. What does Paul's uncle do when Paul makes his first bet?
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of hair does Paul have?
2. Why did someone put Paul's family in debt?
3. How is Paul described as a child?
4. What is Paul's favorite toy made of?
5. Why doesn't Barrett answer all of Paul's uncle's questions about Paul?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Oscar take Paul to the horse races?
2. How is Paul different from his siblings?
3. What does Mother consider her biggest mistake?
4. What does Joan tell Oscar about Paul?
5. When does Barrett make his biggest bets?
6. Why does Mother say she is so poor?
7. How does Oscar feel when he sees Paul playing with his favorite toy?
8. Why does Uncle Oscar choose to talk to Barrett?
9. Why is Barrett so hesitant to talk to Oscar?
10. Why is Mother's poverty so frustrating to her?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)