|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Barrett describe Paul's talent?
2. What is strange about what Paul makes his first bet on with his Uncle?
(a) It is a past winner.
(b) It is a young horse.
(c) It is an outsider.
(d) It is an old rider.
3. How does Paul use his favorite toy?
(a) He hits it.
(b) He transforms it.
(c) He rocks it.
(d) He reads it.
4. Who whispers that they need more?
(a) The house.
(b) The church.
(d) The children.
5. What does Joan do when Paul tells his uncle what she taught him?
(b) Runs away.
(c) Hits him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Barrett tell Paul's uncle to talk to Paul about?
2. Who has helped Barrett make his fortune?
3. Who does Mother fool with what she showers her children with?
4. What does Mother say was her biggest mistake?
5. How does the author describe Mother's taste in things?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it strange for Mother to have hired servants?
2. Why is Barrett so hesitant to talk to Oscar?
3. What does Mother show by the way she reacts to her birthday gift?
4. What does Mother say caused her family a lot of grief when she was younger?
5. How do Paul's sisters feel when they watch him play with his favorite toy?
6. What does Mother get for her birthday?
7. Why does Mother say she is so poor?
8. How does Mr. Barrett make a lot of his money?
9. Why does Uncle Oscar choose to talk to Barrett?
10. How is Malabar significant to the story?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)