|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mother get married?
(a) She needed money.
(b) All of these.
(c) She was in love.
(d) She wanted to make her father angry.
2. How does the author describe Mother's taste in things?
3. Who put Paul's family in debt?
(a) His nanny.
(b) His mother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His father.
4. How does Barrett feel about his talks with Paul?
(a) He loves them.
(b) He is left perplexed by them.
(c) He hates them.
(d) He is amused by them.
5. How does Paul describe his relationship with Barrett?
(a) A family relationship.
(b) A frienship.
(c) A mentorship.
(d) A partnership.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mother like to lord over?
2. Who does Mother fool with what she showers her children with?
3. What do Paul and Barrett often talk about?
4. Why doesn't Barrett answer all of Paul's uncle's questions about Paul?
5. What does Paul hope to win his mother's love from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paul respond when Mother tries to help him when she gets worried about him?
2. What is Oscar addicted to?
3. What is Paul's main motivation in life?
4. How does Paul learn about what happens at the Derby?
5. Why does Paul think he was able to predict all the horse winners?
6. Why is Mother's poverty so frustrating to her?
7. What favor has Barrett been doing for Paul?
8. How is Paul different from his siblings?
9. What is Paul hoping to hear from the house after his mother gets her birthday present?
10. What does Mother do when she begins getting worried about Paul?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)