|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Paul told to take a trip to after Mother's birthday?
(a) The farm land.
(b) The races.
(c) The seaside.
(d) The school.
2. What is Paul's face full of after the party?
3. What does the author say Paul's eyes blaze with at the end of the book?
4. How does Mother describe her monetary situation after getting the birthday money?
(a) Above poverty.
(c) Middle class.
5. Where is the change in Paul most noticed on his horse?
(a) His hands.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His breathing.
(d) His hair.
6. Where did Father go to school?
7. Who takes care of the money Paul wins at the Lincoln races?
8. What does Mother sense in Paul after her birthday?
(a) She has made a mistake.
(b) He is getting stronger.
(c) There is something wrong.
(d) He will make all her dreams come true.
9. What does Paul say when his Mother talks to him after the party?
(a) It is over.
(b) I have been waiting.
(c) There is none.
(d) It's Malabar.
10. What does Paul do after saying something to his mother after the party?
11. Who does Paul win the money in the big race for?
(a) His family.
(c) The house.
12. Who tells Paul the good news about the big race?
(b) None of these.
13. How does Mother contact someone while at the party?
(a) She sends a telegram.
(b) She makes a phone call.
(c) None of these.
(d) She sends a messenger.
14. What does an inanimate object whisper to Paul?
(a) It is sick.
(b) It is dying.
(c) It is lonely.
(d) It needs money.
15. What does Paul say ha has naturally?
(a) A gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Paul win in the big race?
2. What inanimate object whispers to Paul?
3. How does Paul satisfy what whispers to him after Mother gets her birthday money?
4. When does Paul say he will go on his trip?
5. How does Paul describe the changes in his life after his mother gets the money she wants?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)