|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is making the noise Mother hears when she gets home from the party?
(a) A mouse.
(b) The trees outside.
(c) The rocking horse.
2. How does Mother contact someone while at the party?
(a) She makes a phone call.
(b) She sends a messenger.
(c) She sends a telegram.
(d) None of these.
3. What does Paul say ha has naturally?
(c) A gift.
4. What color is Mother wearing at her party?
5. Why is Paul so nervous about the race after his mother's birthday?
(a) He gave up all his money.
(b) He cannot pick a winner.
(c) He wants to quit betting.
(d) The house is tormenting him.
6. Who does Mother ask about Paul's last words?
(b) The nanny.
7. What inanimate object whispers to Paul?
(a) The house.
(b) The flowers.
(c) The horse.
(d) The tree.
8. What time of day does Paul die?
(a) The early morning.
(b) As the sun sets.
(c) Night time.
9. What is Paul's face full of after the party?
10. What color are Paul's eyes after the party?
11. Who takes care of the money Paul wins at the Lincoln races?
12. What does Paul ask his mother on her birthday?
(a) If she feels lucky.
(b) If she got a present.
(c) If she is happy.
(d) If she loves him.
13. Why does Mother want to leave the party early?
(a) She thinks something bad will happen to Paul.
(b) She feels guilty for not bringing her husband.
(c) She wants to throw her own party.
(d) She feels out of place.
14. How does Mother describe her monetary situation after getting the birthday money?
(c) Above poverty.
(d) Middle class.
15. What does Paul say he has that lets him win money?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Paul winning money?
2. How does Paul describe the changes in his life after his mother gets the money she wants?
3. What does Paul spend all his time thinking about after his mother's birthday?
4. What does Mother have in common with Paul?
5. Why does Paul die happy?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)