|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Mother last have the luxury she got for herself in the winter?
(a) When she was first married.
(b) When she was at school.
(c) When she was a child.
(d) She never had it.
2. Where does Mother go on her birthday?
(a) The lawyer's office.
(b) The bank.
(c) The train station.
(d) The horse races.
3. What does Paul spend all his time thinking about after his mother's birthday?
(a) The school he wants to get into.
(b) The house.
(c) The big race.
(d) The money.
4. Who does Mother ask about Paul's last words?
(d) The nanny.
5. How much money does Mother hope to get on her birthday?
(a) $5,000 pounds.
(b) $6,000 pounds.
(c) $7,000 pounds.
(d) $8,000 pounds.
6. Who puts money in the big race for Paul?
(a) The nanny.
7. Who hires the person for Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
8. How is Paul's expression after Mother's birthday described?
(c) Glazed over.
9. Where is the change in Paul most noticed on his horse?
(a) His breathing.
(b) His hands.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His hair.
10. What time of day does Paul die?
(a) Night time.
(c) As the sun sets.
(d) The early morning.
11. Who tries to send Paul on a trip after Mother's birthday?
12. How does Paul act during the big race?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He is nervous.
(c) He is calm.
(d) He is unconscious.
13. How does Mother feel while at a party?
14. What does the author say Paul's eyes blaze with at the end of the book?
15. How does Mother describe her monetary situation after getting the birthday money?
(a) Above poverty.
(b) Middle class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Paul's eyes after the party?
2. How does Mother feel after she gets her birthday money?
3. What whispers to Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
4. Who does Mother contact while at the party?
5. What does Paul say when his Mother talks to him after the party?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)