|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the change in Paul most noticed on his horse?
(a) His breathing.
(b) His hands.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His hair.
2. Where is Paul told to take a trip to after Mother's birthday?
(a) The farm land.
(b) The school.
(c) The seaside.
(d) The races.
3. What is making the noise Mother hears when she gets home from the party?
(b) The trees outside.
(c) The rocking horse.
(d) A mouse.
4. How does Paul act during the big race?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is calm.
(c) He is upset.
(d) He is unconscious.
5. What does Mother hear when she gets from from the party?
(a) A mumbling.
(b) A scratching.
(c) A snoring.
(d) A creaking.
6. Who does Paul win the money in the big race for?
(a) His family.
(d) The house.
7. What time of day does Paul die?
(a) As the sun sets.
(c) Night time.
(d) The early morning.
8. How much does Paul win in the big race?
(a) 55,000 pounds.
(b) 80,000 pounds.
(c) 5,500 pounds.
(d) 8,000 pounds.
9. What color is Paul wearing when he makes the pick for the final race?
10. What does Mother do as soon as she gets home from the party?
(a) Takes a bath.
(b) Goes to bed.
(c) Has some dinner.
(d) Checks on Paul.
11. How does Mother feel while at a party?
12. How does Mother respond when Paul asks her a question on her birthday?
(a) She hugs him.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She leaves the house.
(d) She makes a phone call.
13. What does Mother sense in Paul after her birthday?
(a) He will make all her dreams come true.
(b) She has made a mistake.
(c) He is getting stronger.
(d) There is something wrong.
14. Who tells Paul the good news about the big race?
(c) None of these.
15. Who puts money in the big race for Paul?
(d) The nanny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What answer does Mother get about Paul's last words?
2. How does Mother feel after she gets her birthday money?
3. What whispers to Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
4. What does Mother get on her birthday each year?
5. Who does Mother ask about Paul's last words?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)