|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Paul winning money?
(a) He never has luck.
(b) His mother is in debt.
(c) Nobody will pay for his education.
(d) He worries for their future.
2. How does the house change after Mother gets her birthday money?
(a) It is refurnished.
(b) It is repainted.
(c) It is added on to.
(d) It doesn't change at all.
3. Who does Mother ask about Paul's last words?
(b) The nanny.
4. What does Mother have in common with Paul?
(a) She want an education.
(b) She has a special gift.
(c) She loves money.
(d) She loves gambling.
5. Who arranges for something to be sent to mother on her birthday every year?
6. Why does Mother want to leave the party early?
(a) She feels out of place.
(b) She feels guilty for not bringing her husband.
(c) She wants to throw her own party.
(d) She thinks something bad will happen to Paul.
7. What is Eton?
(a) A bar.
(b) A school.
(c) A horse.
(d) A race track.
8. How is Paul's expression after Mother's birthday described?
(b) Glazed over.
9. What kind of news does Mother receive when she contacts someone during the party?
(a) Sad news.
(b) Strange news.
(c) Scary news.
(d) Good news.
10. Who is Paul winning money for?
(a) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His siblings.
11. How has Paul been picking race winners?
(a) The house told him.
(b) He read it in books.
(c) It came to him in dreams.
(d) His rocking horse told him.
12. What does Paul say when his Mother talks to him after the party?
(a) There is none.
(b) It is over.
(c) It's Malabar.
(d) I have been waiting.
13. Why doesn't Oscar want Mother to have the full amount of money she wants?
(a) She will harm others.
(b) She will waste it.
(c) It will do her harm.
(d) It will make her sad.
14. How much money does Mother get on her birthday?
(a) $3,000 pounds.
(b) $4,000 pounds.
(c) $2,000 pounds.
(d) $1,000 pounds.
15. How does Mother describe her monetary situation after getting the birthday money?
(a) Middle class.
(c) Above poverty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Father go to school?
2. What big race is coming up after Mother's birthday?
3. Why does someone try to send Paul on a trip after Mother's birthday?
4. What does Paul say ha has naturally?
5. How much money does Mother hope to get on her birthday?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)