|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shows that Paul has a special power?
(a) His guessing the winners.
(b) His strange vocabulary.
(c) The connetion with the horse.
(d) The change in his eyes.
2. How much money did Paul win at the Lincoln races?
(a) 2,000 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 5,000 pounds.
(d) 4,000 pounds.
3. Who does Mother ask about when she contacts someone during the party?
4. How does Mother feel after she gets her birthday money?
(a) Slightly happier.
(c) As if she deserved it.
5. How does Paul act during the big race?
(a) He is unconscious.
(b) He is calm.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is upset.
6. What is Paul's face full of after the party?
7. What can't Mother recognize after getting home from the party?
(a) The source of the noise.
(b) The look in Paul's eyes.
(c) The smell coming from Paul.
(d) The feeling in her heart.
8. Who does Paul explain his race picking secret to?
(a) His nanny.
(b) His mother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His friend.
9. Why is Paul winning money?
(a) His mother is in debt.
(b) He never has luck.
(c) He worries for their future.
(d) Nobody will pay for his education.
10. Where is the change in Paul most noticed on his horse?
(a) His breathing.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His hair.
(d) His hands.
11. What inanimate object whispers to Paul?
(a) The flowers.
(b) The tree.
(c) The horse.
(d) The house.
12. How does Mother act during the big race?
13. How much does Paul win in the big race?
(a) 55,000 pounds.
(b) 5,500 pounds.
(c) 80,000 pounds.
(d) 8,000 pounds.
14. How is Paul's expression after Mother's birthday described?
(b) Glazed over.
15. Who arranges for something to be sent to mother on her birthday every year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say Paul's eyes blaze with at the end of the book?
2. What makes Mother connect with Paul?
3. Who wakes up Paul after the race?
4. How has Paul been picking race winners?
5. Where is Paul told to take a trip to after Mother's birthday?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)