|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul spend all his time thinking about after his mother's birthday?
(a) The school he wants to get into.
(b) The big race.
(c) The house.
(d) The money.
2. What does the author say Paul's eyes blaze with at the end of the book?
3. What keeps Mother at the party after she wants to leave?
(a) Her manners.
(b) Her date.
(c) The weather.
(d) The drinking.
4. What does Paul bet on to make money?
(b) All of these.
(d) Poker games.
5. What color is Paul wearing when he makes the pick for the final race?
6. What does Mother have in common with Paul?
(a) She loves money.
(b) She loves gambling.
(c) She has a special gift.
(d) She want an education.
7. What does Mother sense in Paul after her birthday?
(a) He will make all her dreams come true.
(b) She has made a mistake.
(c) He is getting stronger.
(d) There is something wrong.
8. Why does Paul die happy?
(a) He accomplishes his goal.
(b) He made money.
(c) He is ready for school.
(d) His mother loves him.
9. How does Mother contact someone while at the party?
(a) She sends a messenger.
(b) None of these.
(c) She sends a telegram.
(d) She makes a phone call.
10. Where is Paul told to take a trip to after Mother's birthday?
(a) The farm land.
(b) The school.
(c) The races.
(d) The seaside.
11. Why is Paul so nervous about the race after his mother's birthday?
(a) He gave up all his money.
(b) He wants to quit betting.
(c) The house is tormenting him.
(d) He cannot pick a winner.
12. How does Mother feel while at a party?
13. Who hires the person for Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
14. What is hired for Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
(a) A tutor.
(b) A guardian.
(c) A tailor.
(d) A cook.
15. Who sends something to Mother every year on her birthday?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A banker.
(c) A judge.
(d) A florist.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Paul say he will go on his trip?
2. What is making the noise Mother hears when she gets home from the party?
3. What habit did damage to Mother's family as a child?
4. Why does Mother want to leave the party early?
5. Who does Paul explain his race picking secret to?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)