|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose permission does Mother need to get the money she wants on her birthday?
(b) The Lawyer's.
2. What color is Paul wearing when he makes the pick for the final race?
3. What does Mother get on her birthday each year?
(a) A bouquet.
(b) A check.
(c) A nice dinner.
(d) A new piece of jewelery.
4. How do people know which horse to bet on at the big race?
(a) She dreams about it.
(b) It was Paul's last word.
(c) It is inscribed on the horse.
(d) It is written in the paper.
5. What does Paul ask his mother on her birthday?
(a) If she is happy.
(b) If she feels lucky.
(c) If she got a present.
(d) If she loves him.
6. What habit did damage to Mother's family as a child?
7. What answer does Mother get about Paul's last words?
(a) It is her fault.
(b) That is a kind of prayer.
(c) It is a horse.
(d) He has been saying that for a while.
8. How does Mother change at the end of the book?
(a) She forgives her husband.
(b) She cares about her son.
(c) She stops needing money.
(d) She becomes beautiful again.
9. Who does Paul explain his race picking secret to?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His friend.
(c) His nanny.
(d) His mother.
10. Who hires the person for Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
11. Who tells Paul the good news about the big race?
(c) None of these.
12. Who wakes up Paul after the race?
(b) The rocking horse.
13. Who takes care of the money Paul wins at the Lincoln races?
14. Why does Mother act the way she does during the big race?
(a) Paul asked her to be that way.
(b) She is excited for the winnings.
(c) She is worried about Paul.
(d) It is her defense mechanism.
15. Who is Paul winning money for?
(a) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His siblings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul say he has that lets him win money?
2. What does Paul bet on to make money?
3. Who does Mother ask about Paul's last words?
4. What inanimate object whispers to Paul?
5. What does Mother sense in Paul after her birthday?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)