|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of news does Mother receive when she contacts someone during the party?
(a) Strange news.
(b) Sad news.
(c) Scary news.
(d) Good news.
2. How does Paul act during the big race?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He is nervous.
(c) He is unconscious.
(d) He is calm.
3. Who arranges for something to be sent to mother on her birthday every year?
4. Who is the money from the Lincoln races given to?
(a) A banker.
(b) A better.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A storage man.
5. Where is Paul told to take a trip to after Mother's birthday?
(a) The races.
(b) The school.
(c) The farm land.
(d) The seaside.
6. How are Paul's eyes described after the party?
7. What does Paul say ha has naturally?
(d) A gift.
8. How does Mother change at the end of the book?
(a) She stops needing money.
(b) She cares about her son.
(c) She forgives her husband.
(d) She becomes beautiful again.
9. Who is Paul winning money for?
(a) His siblings.
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
10. How does Mother act during the big race?
11. What color is Paul wearing when he makes the pick for the final race?
12. When does Paul say he will go on his trip?
(a) After the big race.
(c) After he signs up for the military.
(d) After he graduates.
13. Why is someone hired for Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
(a) So he knows his mother loves him.
(b) So he can go to a good school.
(c) So he can look his best.
(d) So he can continue betting.
14. Who does Paul explain his race picking secret to?
(a) His mother.
(b) His nanny.
(c) His friend.
(d) His uncle.
15. What does Paul ask his mother on her birthday?
(a) If she feels lucky.
(b) If she got a present.
(c) If she loves him.
(d) If she is happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Paul so nervous about the race after his mother's birthday?
2. What does Paul do after saying something to his mother after the party?
3. How much money does Mother get on her birthday?
4. Who does Paul explain his reasons for winning money to?
5. How much does Paul win in the big race?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)