|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose permission does Mother need to get the money she wants on her birthday?
(b) The Lawyer's.
2. How does Mother feel while at a party?
3. Who takes care of the money Paul wins at the Lincoln races?
4. Why is someone hired for Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
(a) So he can continue betting.
(b) So he knows his mother loves him.
(c) So he can look his best.
(d) So he can go to a good school.
5. What keeps Mother at the party after she wants to leave?
(a) Her manners.
(b) The drinking.
(c) The weather.
(d) Her date.
6. What color is Paul wearing when he makes the pick for the final race?
7. What can't Mother recognize after getting home from the party?
(a) The feeling in her heart.
(b) The look in Paul's eyes.
(c) The smell coming from Paul.
(d) The source of the noise.
8. Why does Mother want to leave the party early?
(a) She thinks something bad will happen to Paul.
(b) She feels guilty for not bringing her husband.
(c) She wants to throw her own party.
(d) She feels out of place.
9. What is Eton?
(a) A horse.
(b) A race track.
(c) A bar.
(d) A school.
10. Why doesn't Oscar want Mother to have the full amount of money she wants?
(a) It will do her harm.
(b) She will harm others.
(c) She will waste it.
(d) It will make her sad.
11. How much does Paul win in the big race?
(a) 80,000 pounds.
(b) 55,000 pounds.
(c) 5,500 pounds.
(d) 8,000 pounds.
12. What shows that Paul has a special power?
(a) The change in his eyes.
(b) His strange vocabulary.
(c) The connetion with the horse.
(d) His guessing the winners.
13. How does Mother describe her monetary situation after getting the birthday money?
(b) Middle class.
(d) Above poverty.
14. What is Malabar?
(a) A kind of wood.
(b) A horse.
(c) A dog.
(d) A servant.
15. How do people know which horse to bet on at the big race?
(a) It is inscribed on the horse.
(b) It was Paul's last word.
(c) She dreams about it.
(d) It is written in the paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the change in Paul most noticed on his horse?
2. Who is the money from the Lincoln races given to?
3. How much money does Mother hope to get on her birthday?
4. Who does Paul win the money in the big race for?
5. Who is Paul winning money for?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)