|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Father go to school?
2. Why does someone try to send Paul on a trip after Mother's birthday?
(a) He is acting strange.
(b) He gave them the money.
(c) He is annoying to have around.
(d) He will do better with his studies.
3. How does the house change after Mother gets her birthday money?
(a) It is repainted.
(b) It is added on to.
(c) It doesn't change at all.
(d) It is refurnished.
4. When does Paul say he will go on his trip?
(b) After the big race.
(c) After he signs up for the military.
(d) After he graduates.
5. Why is Paul winning money?
(a) He worries for their future.
(b) Nobody will pay for his education.
(c) His mother is in debt.
(d) He never has luck.
6. Who is Mother thinking about while she is at a party?
(d) Her father.
7. Why does Mother want to leave the party early?
(a) She feels out of place.
(b) She wants to throw her own party.
(c) She thinks something bad will happen to Paul.
(d) She feels guilty for not bringing her husband.
8. Why does Paul die happy?
(a) His mother loves him.
(b) He made money.
(c) He is ready for school.
(d) He accomplishes his goal.
9. Who does Paul win the money in the big race for?
(a) The house.
(d) His family.
10. What does Paul bet on to make money?
(a) All of these.
(d) Poker games.
11. What is making the noise Mother hears when she gets home from the party?
(b) The trees outside.
(c) The rocking horse.
(d) A mouse.
12. What is Malabar?
(a) A servant.
(b) A horse.
(c) A dog.
(d) A kind of wood.
13. Who tries to send Paul on a trip after Mother's birthday?
14. How does Paul describe the changes in his life after his mother gets the money she wants?
(d) Not at all.
15. How does Mother describe her monetary situation after getting the birthday money?
(a) Above poverty.
(c) Middle class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Paul's eyes after the party?
2. Why does Paul play on his horse so much?
3. What habit did damage to Mother's family as a child?
4. What does Paul say when his Mother talks to him after the party?
5. How much money does Mother get on her birthday?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)