|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul bet on to make money?
(a) Poker games.
(c) All of these.
2. What color is Paul wearing when he makes the pick for the final race?
3. What is Eton?
(a) A bar.
(b) A horse.
(c) A race track.
(d) A school.
4. Why doesn't Oscar want Mother to have the full amount of money she wants?
(a) She will waste it.
(b) It will make her sad.
(c) It will do her harm.
(d) She will harm others.
5. Why does Paul play on his horse so much?
(a) It speaks kind words to him.
(b) It tells him the winners.
(c) It keeps other people away from him.
(d) It comforts him.
6. Who does Paul explain his reasons for winning money to?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His friend.
7. What does Paul do during the big race?
(c) Talks to his mother.
(d) Rocks on his horse.
8. Who is the money from the Lincoln races given to?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A banker.
(c) A better.
(d) A storage man.
9. What does an inanimate object whisper to Paul?
(a) It is lonely.
(b) It is sick.
(c) It is dying.
(d) It needs money.
10. Who is Mother thinking about while she is at a party?
(a) Her father.
11. What strange luxury does Mother buy in the winter?
(a) Sun shades.
(b) A parasol.
12. How much does Paul win in the big race?
(a) 80,000 pounds.
(b) 55,000 pounds.
(c) 5,500 pounds.
(d) 8,000 pounds.
13. Who is Paul winning money for?
(a) His mother.
(b) His siblings.
(d) His father.
14. What inanimate object whispers to Paul?
(a) The horse.
(b) The tree.
(c) The house.
(d) The flowers.
15. What does Paul do after saying something to his mother after the party?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paul satisfy what whispers to him after Mother gets her birthday money?
2. How is Paul's expression after Mother's birthday described?
3. What is hired for Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
4. Why does Mother act the way she does during the big race?
5. What does Paul say when his Mother talks to him after the party?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)