|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say Paul's eyes blaze with at the end of the book?
2. How does Paul describe the changes in his life after his mother gets the money she wants?
(a) Not at all.
3. Why does someone try to send Paul on a trip after Mother's birthday?
(a) He will do better with his studies.
(b) He is acting strange.
(c) He is annoying to have around.
(d) He gave them the money.
4. Who wakes up Paul after the race?
(b) The rocking horse.
5. What is Paul's face full of after the party?
6. When did Mother last have the luxury she got for herself in the winter?
(a) When she was a child.
(b) When she was first married.
(c) When she was at school.
(d) She never had it.
7. What makes Mother connect with Paul?
(a) His weakness.
(b) His abilities.
(c) His money.
(d) His madness.
8. Why does Paul play on his horse so much?
(a) It keeps other people away from him.
(b) It speaks kind words to him.
(c) It comforts him.
(d) It tells him the winners.
9. Where is Paul told to take a trip to after Mother's birthday?
(a) The school.
(b) The races.
(c) The farm land.
(d) The seaside.
10. How does Mother respond when Paul asks her a question on her birthday?
(a) She slaps him.
(b) She leaves the house.
(c) She makes a phone call.
(d) She hugs him.
11. Who does Mother ask about when she contacts someone during the party?
12. What inanimate object whispers to Paul?
(a) The horse.
(b) The tree.
(c) The flowers.
(d) The house.
13. Who tries to send Paul on a trip after Mother's birthday?
14. How does Paul act during the big race?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is upset.
(c) He is calm.
(d) He is unconscious.
15. Who tells Paul the good news about the big race?
(d) None of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mother feel when Paul turns down the trip after her birthday?
2. Who does Mother ask about Paul's last words?
3. Why does Mother want to leave the party early?
4. What does Mother sense in Paul after her birthday?
5. Who is Mother thinking about while she is at a party?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)