|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can't Mother recognize after getting home from the party?
(a) The smell coming from Paul.
(b) The feeling in her heart.
(c) The source of the noise.
(d) The look in Paul's eyes.
2. When did Mother last have the luxury she got for herself in the winter?
(a) When she was a child.
(b) She never had it.
(c) When she was first married.
(d) When she was at school.
3. What color is Paul wearing when he makes the pick for the final race?
4. How does Mother act during the big race?
5. How much does Paul win in the big race?
(a) 8,000 pounds.
(b) 80,000 pounds.
(c) 55,000 pounds.
(d) 5,500 pounds.
6. Why does Paul die happy?
(a) He is ready for school.
(b) His mother loves him.
(c) He made money.
(d) He accomplishes his goal.
7. What does Paul say when his Mother talks to him after the party?
(a) It's Malabar.
(b) I have been waiting.
(c) It is over.
(d) There is none.
8. Who does Mother ask about Paul's last words?
(a) The nanny.
9. What does Mother sense in Paul after her birthday?
(a) There is something wrong.
(b) He will make all her dreams come true.
(c) She has made a mistake.
(d) He is getting stronger.
10. How much money did Paul win at the Lincoln races?
(a) 2,000 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 4,000 pounds.
(d) 5,000 pounds.
11. Who is Mother thinking about while she is at a party?
(b) Her father.
12. How does Mother contact someone while at the party?
(a) She sends a messenger.
(b) She makes a phone call.
(c) She sends a telegram.
(d) None of these.
13. What makes Mother connect with Paul?
(a) His weakness.
(b) His madness.
(c) His money.
(d) His abilities.
14. What color is Mother wearing at her party?
15. What does Paul ask his mother on her birthday?
(a) If she loves him.
(b) If she got a present.
(c) If she is happy.
(d) If she feels lucky.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mother describe her monetary situation after getting the birthday money?
2. What color are Paul's eyes after the party?
3. How does Paul satisfy what whispers to him after Mother gets her birthday money?
4. What habit did damage to Mother's family as a child?
5. What does Mother have in common with Paul?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)