|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wakes up Paul after the race?
(b) The rocking horse.
2. How does Mother describe her monetary situation after getting the birthday money?
(a) Middle class.
(d) Above poverty.
3. What is Malabar?
(a) A servant.
(b) A horse.
(c) A kind of wood.
(d) A dog.
4. What does Paul ask his mother on her birthday?
(a) If she got a present.
(b) If she is happy.
(c) If she feels lucky.
(d) If she loves him.
5. How are Paul's eyes described after the party?
6. Who tells Paul the good news about the big race?
(b) None of these.
7. When does Paul say he will go on his trip?
(a) After he signs up for the military.
(b) After the big race.
(c) After he graduates.
8. How does Paul die?
(a) In his sleep.
(b) From an illness.
(c) He falls down the stairs.
(d) A spider bites him.
9. How much money does Mother get on her birthday?
(a) $4,000 pounds.
(b) $2,000 pounds.
(c) $1,000 pounds.
(d) $3,000 pounds.
10. What does Paul say ha has naturally?
(b) A gift.
11. What is Paul's face full of after the party?
12. How do people know which horse to bet on at the big race?
(a) It is inscribed on the horse.
(b) She dreams about it.
(c) It was Paul's last word.
(d) It is written in the paper.
13. Why does Paul play on his horse so much?
(a) It comforts him.
(b) It tells him the winners.
(c) It speaks kind words to him.
(d) It keeps other people away from him.
14. What inanimate object whispers to Paul?
(a) The tree.
(b) The flowers.
(c) The horse.
(d) The house.
15. What whispers to Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
(a) The house.
(b) The books.
(c) The horse.
(d) The windows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Mother at the party after she wants to leave?
2. What time of day does Paul die?
3. What is Eton?
4. What answer does Mother get about Paul's last words?
5. What shows that Paul has a special power?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)