|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul spend all his time thinking about after his mother's birthday?
(a) The house.
(b) The big race.
(c) The school he wants to get into.
(d) The money.
2. What does Paul say ha has naturally?
(b) A gift.
3. Whose permission does Mother need to get the money she wants on her birthday?
(d) The Lawyer's.
4. What does Paul say he has that lets him win money?
5. Who wakes up Paul after the race?
(a) The rocking horse.
6. How much does Paul win in the big race?
(a) 8,000 pounds.
(b) 55,000 pounds.
(c) 80,000 pounds.
(d) 5,500 pounds.
7. How much money does Mother get on her birthday?
(a) $1,000 pounds.
(b) $3,000 pounds.
(c) $2,000 pounds.
(d) $4,000 pounds.
8. Where is Paul told to take a trip to after Mother's birthday?
(a) The school.
(b) The farm land.
(c) The seaside.
(d) The races.
9. What whispers to Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
(a) The books.
(b) The horse.
(c) The windows.
(d) The house.
10. How does Paul satisfy what whispers to him after Mother gets her birthday money?
(a) Fighting his sister.
(b) Bringing in more money.
(c) Getting into Oxford.
(d) Quitting his betting.
11. What color are Paul's eyes after the party?
12. When does Paul say he will go on his trip?
(a) After he signs up for the military.
(b) After the big race.
(d) After he graduates.
13. How does Paul die?
(a) He falls down the stairs.
(b) A spider bites him.
(c) From an illness.
(d) In his sleep.
14. Who does Paul explain his race picking secret to?
(a) His nanny.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His friend.
(d) His mother.
15. What is hired for Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
(a) A guardian.
(b) A tutor.
(c) A tailor.
(d) A cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What inanimate object whispers to Paul?
2. What can't Mother recognize after getting home from the party?
3. How does Paul act during the big race?
4. Who does Mother contact while at the party?
5. Who tries to send Paul on a trip after Mother's birthday?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)