|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose permission does Mother need to get the money she wants on her birthday?
(d) The Lawyer's.
2. Why is Paul so nervous about the race after his mother's birthday?
(a) He gave up all his money.
(b) The house is tormenting him.
(c) He cannot pick a winner.
(d) He wants to quit betting.
3. What does Mother get on her birthday each year?
(a) A nice dinner.
(b) A bouquet.
(c) A check.
(d) A new piece of jewelery.
4. Who wakes up Paul after the race?
(a) The rocking horse.
5. How much money does Mother get on her birthday?
(a) $2,000 pounds.
(b) $4,000 pounds.
(c) $1,000 pounds.
(d) $3,000 pounds.
6. What does Paul do during the big race?
(a) Talks to his mother.
(c) Rocks on his horse.
7. What big race is coming up after Mother's birthday?
(b) The Larkwood.
(d) The Derby.
8. Why does Paul play on his horse so much?
(a) It speaks kind words to him.
(b) It keeps other people away from him.
(c) It tells him the winners.
(d) It comforts him.
9. What is Paul's face full of after the party?
10. Who is the money from the Lincoln races given to?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A storage man.
(c) A banker.
(d) A better.
11. What is hired for Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
(a) A cook.
(b) A tailor.
(c) A tutor.
(d) A guardian.
12. Where does Mother go on her birthday?
(a) The train station.
(b) The lawyer's office.
(c) The horse races.
(d) The bank.
13. How does Mother feel while at a party?
14. What color is Mother wearing at her party?
15. How does the house change after Mother gets her birthday money?
(a) It is added on to.
(b) It is repainted.
(c) It is refurnished.
(d) It doesn't change at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes care of the money Paul wins at the Lincoln races?
2. What does Paul spend all his time thinking about after his mother's birthday?
3. Where is Paul told to take a trip to after Mother's birthday?
4. What time of day does Paul die?
5. How does Mother describe her monetary situation after getting the birthday money?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)