|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inanimate object whispers to Paul?
(a) The tree.
(b) The flowers.
(c) The house.
(d) The horse.
2. What kind of news does Mother receive when she contacts someone during the party?
(a) Scary news.
(b) Sad news.
(c) Good news.
(d) Strange news.
3. What does Paul spend all his time thinking about after his mother's birthday?
(a) The big race.
(b) The money.
(c) The school he wants to get into.
(d) The house.
4. What shows that Paul has a special power?
(a) The change in his eyes.
(b) The connetion with the horse.
(c) His guessing the winners.
(d) His strange vocabulary.
5. What time of day does Paul die?
(a) The early morning.
(b) Night time.
(c) As the sun sets.
6. What does Mother hear when she gets from from the party?
(a) A snoring.
(b) A mumbling.
(c) A scratching.
(d) A creaking.
7. Why does someone try to send Paul on a trip after Mother's birthday?
(a) He is acting strange.
(b) He will do better with his studies.
(c) He gave them the money.
(d) He is annoying to have around.
8. Who puts money in the big race for Paul?
(a) The nanny.
9. Who sends something to Mother every year on her birthday?
(a) A banker.
(b) A florist.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A judge.
10. How does the house change after Mother gets her birthday money?
(a) It is repainted.
(b) It is added on to.
(c) It is refurnished.
(d) It doesn't change at all.
11. Who does Mother ask about when she contacts someone during the party?
12. What does Paul say when his Mother talks to him after the party?
(a) It's Malabar.
(b) There is none.
(c) It is over.
(d) I have been waiting.
13. What whispers to Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
(a) The house.
(b) The windows.
(c) The horse.
(d) The books.
14. Why does Mother act the way she does during the big race?
(a) It is her defense mechanism.
(b) Paul asked her to be that way.
(c) She is worried about Paul.
(d) She is excited for the winnings.
15. What does Paul do during the big race?
(b) Talks to his mother.
(d) Rocks on his horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul do after saying something to his mother after the party?
2. How do people know which horse to bet on at the big race?
3. What color is Paul wearing when he makes the pick for the final race?
4. How does Paul describe the changes in his life after his mother gets the money she wants?
5. What is Paul's face full of after the party?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)