|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paul die happy?
(a) He made money.
(b) He accomplishes his goal.
(c) His mother loves him.
(d) He is ready for school.
2. Who does Mother contact while at the party?
(c) Her father.
(d) The nanny.
3. What strange luxury does Mother buy in the winter?
(b) Sun shades.
(c) A parasol.
4. What answer does Mother get about Paul's last words?
(a) It is her fault.
(b) It is a horse.
(c) That is a kind of prayer.
(d) He has been saying that for a while.
5. Why is someone hired for Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
(a) So he can go to a good school.
(b) So he knows his mother loves him.
(c) So he can continue betting.
(d) So he can look his best.
6. Why does Mother act the way she does during the big race?
(a) It is her defense mechanism.
(b) She is excited for the winnings.
(c) Paul asked her to be that way.
(d) She is worried about Paul.
7. Who tells Paul the good news about the big race?
(b) None of these.
8. Who does Paul explain his reasons for winning money to?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His friend.
9. How does the house change after Mother gets her birthday money?
(a) It is added on to.
(b) It doesn't change at all.
(c) It is repainted.
(d) It is refurnished.
10. How does Paul die?
(a) He falls down the stairs.
(b) A spider bites him.
(c) In his sleep.
(d) From an illness.
11. What does Paul do during the big race?
(b) Talks to his mother.
(d) Rocks on his horse.
12. What does Paul ask his mother on her birthday?
(a) If she is happy.
(b) If she feels lucky.
(c) If she loves him.
(d) If she got a present.
13. How does Mother contact someone while at the party?
(a) She sends a telegram.
(b) None of these.
(c) She makes a phone call.
(d) She sends a messenger.
14. What is Eton?
(a) A horse.
(b) A bar.
(c) A race track.
(d) A school.
15. What does Paul say ha has naturally?
(b) A gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day does Paul die?
2. When does Paul say he will go on his trip?
3. Who tries to send Paul on a trip after Mother's birthday?
4. Who does Paul win the money in the big race for?
5. Why does Mother want to leave the party early?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)