|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul say when his Mother talks to him after the party?
(a) I have been waiting.
(b) It's Malabar.
(c) It is over.
(d) There is none.
2. Who arranges for something to be sent to mother on her birthday every year?
3. Who is Paul winning money for?
(a) His father.
(c) His siblings.
(d) His mother.
4. Who tries to send Paul on a trip after Mother's birthday?
5. How much money does Mother get on her birthday?
(a) $4,000 pounds.
(b) $1,000 pounds.
(c) $2,000 pounds.
(d) $3,000 pounds.
6. What does Paul say ha has naturally?
(d) A gift.
7. When did Mother last have the luxury she got for herself in the winter?
(a) When she was at school.
(b) When she was a child.
(c) When she was first married.
(d) She never had it.
8. Where is the change in Paul most noticed on his horse?
(a) His breathing.
(b) His hair.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His hands.
9. What color is Paul wearing when he makes the pick for the final race?
10. What does Mother have in common with Paul?
(a) She has a special gift.
(b) She loves money.
(c) She loves gambling.
(d) She want an education.
11. What does Paul bet on to make money?
(a) All of these.
(b) Poker games.
12. What habit did damage to Mother's family as a child?
13. What does Paul spend all his time thinking about after his mother's birthday?
(a) The money.
(b) The school he wants to get into.
(c) The house.
(d) The big race.
14. How does Mother feel after she gets her birthday money?
(b) As if she deserved it.
(c) Slightly happier.
15. What is hired for Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
(a) A tutor.
(b) A guardian.
(c) A cook.
(d) A tailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mother contact someone while at the party?
2. Why is Paul winning money?
3. What is making the noise Mother hears when she gets home from the party?
4. How has Paul been picking race winners?
5. Where is Paul told to take a trip to after Mother's birthday?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)