|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Barrett describe Paul's talent?
2. How many children does mother have?
3. Where did Paul's uncle and Barrett meet?
(a) The military.
(b) The work place.
(d) City hall.
4. Why is it hard for Mother to keep up the appearance she wants after her marriage?
(a) She is miserable.
(b) They have no money.
(c) She is aging badly.
(d) She is seen with other men often.
5. How was Mother raised?
(a) In luxury.
(b) In a boarding school.
(c) In poverty.
(d) In an orphanage.
6. What military branch was Paul's uncle involved in?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Navy.
(c) The Air Force.
(d) The Marines.
7. Why did someone put Paul's family in debt?
(a) To keep up appearances.
(b) To gamble.
(c) To help others.
(d) To pay for schooling.
8. What is Mother trying to do when she tells Paul he has something she needs?
(a) Distract him.
(b) Motivate him.
(c) Get rid of him,
(d) Humor him.
9. What color are Paul's eyes?
10. What disintegrates shortly after Mother gets married?
(a) Her good looks.
(b) Her goals and dreams.
(c) Her ties to her family.
(d) Her relationship with her husband.
11. When does Barrett make big bets?
(a) When the weather is right.
(b) When Oscar makes the same bet.
(c) When Paul is certain.
(d) When he gets paid.
12. What impresses Paul's uncle about Paul?
(a) His endurance.
(b) His height.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His intensity.
13. Who does Mother like to lord over?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her siblings.
(c) Everyone in town.
(d) Her children.
14. How much money has Paul made with Barrett?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 3,500 pounds.
(c) 1,500 pounds.
(d) 2,500 pounds.
15. What does Mother have a hard time giving her children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Paul's uncle's name?
2. What does Paul think he has found through the betting?
3. How does Mother feel in her house?
4. How does Paul use his favorite toy?
5. Where is the first place Paul's uncle takes him?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)