|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mother like to lord over?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Everyone in town.
(c) Her siblings.
(d) Her children.
2. What branch of military was Barrett involved in?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The Marines.
(c) The Army.
(d) The Air Force.
3. What does Paul tell his uncle he knows a lot about?
4. Where is Paul when he invites his uncle to do something?
(a) The races.
(b) A cab.
(c) His house.
(d) The garden.
5. Why does Mother tell her children they are poor?
(a) Their father is unlucky.
(b) She spent the money.
(c) They were all born.
(d) She got sick.
6. What does Paul hope to win his mother's love from?
(b) The house.
(c) The past.
(d) His father.
7. What does Joan do when Paul tells his uncle what she taught him?
(a) Runs away.
(d) Hits him.
8. What does Mother say one needs to be successful in life?
9. Who has helped Paul make his fortune?
10. What is Paul's favorite toy made of?
11. What is Mother trying to do when she tells Paul he has something she needs?
(a) Distract him.
(b) Motivate him.
(c) Get rid of him,
(d) Humor him.
12. Where is Paul's favorite toy kept?
(a) The store.
(b) The basement.
(c) His room.
(d) The nursery.
13. What happens to Paul's eyes when he plays with his favorite toy?
(a) They close.
(b) They turn dark.
(c) They glaze over.
(d) They brighten up.
14. What kind of hair does Paul have?
15. Who hates to watch Paul when he plays with his toy?
(a) All of these.
(b) His nanny.
(d) His sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Paul's uncle's name?
2. Why is it hard for Mother to keep up the appearance she wants after her marriage?
3. Who is Mother's most important servant?
4. What color are Paul's eyes?
5. Who does Mother blame in private for being so poor?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)