|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impresses Paul's uncle about Paul?
(a) His intensity.
(b) His height.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His endurance.
2. Why does Mother say she is not successful?
(a) She has a short attention span.
(b) Her family is dead.
(c) She was never sent to school.
(d) Her husband is unlucky.
3. What is Paul's favorite toy?
(a) His stuffed bunny.
(b) His rocking horse.
(c) His toy drum.
(d) His race track.
4. Where is the first place Paul's uncle takes him?
5. What is Paul's main motivation?
(a) His friendship with Barrett.
(b) His mother's problems.
(c) His belief in God.
(d) His father's failure.
6. What is Paul's uncle's name?
7. What child is Paul?
8. How are Joan and Paul related?
(a) She is his aunt.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his cousin.
(d) She is his nanny.
9. Why is it strange for Mother to keep servants?
(a) She lives in a bad part of town.
(b) Her house is small.
(c) She can't afford it.
(d) Her children are grown.
10. What military branch was Paul's uncle involved in?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Navy.
(c) The Marines.
(d) The Air Force.
11. Who does Mother like to lord over?
(a) Everyone in town.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her siblings.
12. How does Barrett know what to bet on?
(a) He watches Oscar.
(b) Paul tells him.
(c) He dreams about it.
(d) He reads about it.
13. Where does Barrett think Paul got his talent?
14. What does Paul think he has found through the betting?
15. Who does Mother fool with what she showers her children with?
(a) Her husband.
(c) People on the outside.
(d) Her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mother described at the beginning of the book?
2. What do Paul and Barrett often talk about?
3. Where did Paul's uncle and Barrett meet?
4. What disintegrates shortly after Mother gets married?
5. When is the only time Barrett has lost on his bets?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)