|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Paul's uncle and Barrett meet?
(b) The work place.
(c) The military.
(d) City hall.
2. Where is Paul when he invites his uncle to do something?
(a) The races.
(b) His house.
(c) A cab.
(d) The garden.
3. Why did Mother get married?
(a) She was in love.
(b) She needed money.
(c) All of these.
(d) She wanted to make her father angry.
4. What bothers Joan about what Paul and Barrett talk about?
(a) It is against the Bible.
(b) It is always secret.
(c) It is all they ever talk about.
(d) It is juvenile.
5. How does Barrett safeguard unsure bets?
(a) He makes small bets when Paul isn't sure.
(b) He insures his money.
(c) He only bets borrowed money.
(d) He makes more than one bet when Paul isn't sure.
6. Who hates to watch Paul when he plays with his toy?
(a) All of these.
(b) His nanny.
(d) His sisters.
7. When is the only time Barrett has lost on his bets?
(a) When Paul is not certain.
(b) When he doesn't go to church.
(c) When he doesn't sleep well.
(d) When the weather is bad.
8. How much money has Paul made with Barrett?
(a) 1,500 pounds.
(b) 3,500 pounds.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 2,500 pounds.
9. Who does Mother fool with what she showers her children with?
(a) Her husband.
(c) Her children.
(d) People on the outside.
10. How does Paul describe his relationship with Barrett?
(a) A frienship.
(b) A family relationship.
(c) A mentorship.
(d) A partnership.
11. Who does Barrett talk to about Paul's talents?
12. What impresses Paul's uncle about Paul?
(a) His height.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His endurance.
(d) His intensity.
13. What happens to Paul's eyes when he plays with his favorite toy?
(a) They glaze over.
(b) They turn dark.
(c) They brighten up.
(d) They close.
14. Who whispers that they need more?
(b) The house.
(c) The children.
(d) The church.
15. Who is Mother's most important servant?
(a) The nanny.
(b) The maid.
(c) The butler.
(d) The cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Paul's eyes?
2. Why does Mother tell her children they are poor?
3. What question does Paul ask that nobody else has?
4. Who is with Paul's uncle when he first sees Paul on his favorite toy?
5. Why is it strange for Mother to keep servants?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)