|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul hope to win his mother's love?
(a) By making his father successful.
(b) By being smart.
(c) By making money.
(d) By fixing the house.
2. What does Mother love to buy for her children?
(b) All of these.
3. How does Paul describe his relationship with Barrett?
(a) A frienship.
(b) A mentorship.
(c) A family relationship.
(d) A partnership.
4. What does Mother try to shower her children with?
(b) Hand me downs.
5. Why did someone put Paul's family in debt?
(a) To gamble.
(b) To keep up appearances.
(c) To pay for schooling.
(d) To help others.
6. What does Paul tell his uncle he knows a lot about?
7. Who does Barrett tell Paul's uncle to talk to Paul about?
8. What secret do the children all know about Mother?
(a) She is in debt.
(b) She has a hard time loving them.
(c) She is cheating on their father.
(d) She is unhappy.
9. Who has helped Barrett make his fortune?
10. What does Mother say one needs to be successful in life?
11. Who does Mother blame in private for being so poor?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her husband.
(d) Her children.
12. How are Joan and Paul related?
(a) She is his cousin.
(b) She is his aunt.
(c) She is his sister.
(d) She is his nanny.
13. Who does Barrett talk to about Paul's talents?
14. Who is with Paul's uncle when he first sees Paul on his favorite toy?
(c) All of these.
15. Who often buys toys for the children?
(a) The nanny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mother fool with what she showers her children with?
2. What is Mother trying to do when she tells Paul he has something she needs?
3. What does Paul's uncle call him when he sees Paul with his favorite toy?
4. What does Paul invite his uncle to do?
5. Who put Paul's family in debt?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)