|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Paul's uncle and Barrett meet?
(b) City hall.
(c) The work place.
(d) The military.
2. What child is Paul?
3. Why did someone put Paul's family in debt?
(a) To help others.
(b) To gamble.
(c) To keep up appearances.
(d) To pay for schooling.
4. What does Mother try to shower her children with?
(c) Hand me downs.
5. How does Barrett feel about his talks with Paul?
(a) He is left perplexed by them.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He loves them.
(d) He is amused by them.
6. Where does Barrett think Paul got his talent?
7. How many children does mother have?
8. Who often buys toys for the children?
(c) The nanny.
9. What does Mother love to buy for her children?
(a) All of these.
10. What do Paul and Barrett often talk about?
(a) Horse racing.
(b) Raising cats.
11. How are Joan and Paul related?
(a) She is his cousin.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his aunt.
(d) She is his nanny.
12. How does Barrett describe Paul's talent?
13. What happened to Mother after she got married?
(a) She was cheated on.
(b) She had bad luck.
(c) She got very ill.
(d) She lost her inheritance.
14. Why did Mother get married?
(a) She needed money.
(b) All of these.
(c) She was in love.
(d) She wanted to make her father angry.
15. Who is Mother's most important servant?
(a) The maid.
(b) The butler.
(c) The cook.
(d) The nanny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mother like to lord over?
2. What does Paul think he has found through the betting?
3. What place does Paul's first bet take?
4. What makes Mother such an unlikable character?
5. What is Paul's main motivation?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)