|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul's uncle do when Paul makes his first bet?
(c) All of these.
2. How are Joan and Paul related?
(a) She is his nanny.
(b) She is his aunt.
(c) She is his sister.
(d) She is his cousin.
3. Where is Paul when he invites his uncle to do something?
(a) The garden.
(b) His house.
(c) The races.
(d) A cab.
4. What does Paul tell his uncle he knows a lot about?
5. Who does Mother blame for her lack of success in life?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her husband.
(d) Her children.
6. What bothers Joan about what Paul and Barrett talk about?
(a) It is always secret.
(b) It is against the Bible.
(c) It is all they ever talk about.
(d) It is juvenile.
7. When is the only time Barrett has lost on his bets?
(a) When the weather is bad.
(b) When he doesn't sleep well.
(c) When Paul is not certain.
(d) When he doesn't go to church.
8. What does Mother love to buy for her children?
(d) All of these.
9. Who has helped Paul make his fortune?
10. What does Joan teach Paul all about?
(a) Horse racing.
(d) Human nature.
11. Where does Barrett think Paul got his talent?
12. Who does Mother fool with what she showers her children with?
(a) Her children.
(c) People on the outside.
(d) Her husband.
13. What does Paul's uncle ask Barrett about?
(a) His inheritance.
(b) His interest in horse racing.
(c) His skills.
(d) His education.
14. What does Paul think he has found through the betting?
15. What does Mother say Paul has that she needs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Barrett tell Paul's uncle to talk to Paul about?
2. What is Paul's main motivation?
3. What place does Paul's first bet take?
4. Who hears someone whispering they need more?
5. What do Paul and Barrett often talk about?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)