|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mother say she is not successful?
(a) She has a short attention span.
(b) She was never sent to school.
(c) Her husband is unlucky.
(d) Her family is dead.
2. Who has helped Barrett make his fortune?
3. Who whispers that they need more?
(a) The house.
(c) The children.
(d) The church.
4. How does Barrett describe Paul's talent?
5. What kind of hair does Paul have?
6. What makes Mother such an unlikable character?
(a) She is young.
(b) She is not pretty.
(c) She doesn't like her children.
(d) She is manipulative.
7. Why is it hard for Mother to keep up the appearance she wants after her marriage?
(a) She is seen with other men often.
(b) They have no money.
(c) She is miserable.
(d) She is aging badly.
8. Who often buys toys for the children?
(c) The nanny.
9. How does Barrett know what to bet on?
(a) He dreams about it.
(b) He watches Oscar.
(c) He reads about it.
(d) Paul tells him.
10. How are Joan and Paul related?
(a) She is his nanny.
(b) She is his aunt.
(c) She is his sister.
(d) She is his cousin.
11. How was Mother raised?
(a) In poverty.
(b) In luxury.
(c) In a boarding school.
(d) In an orphanage.
12. What question does Paul ask that nobody else has?
(a) What money is.
(b) Where Father is.
(c) How to get rich.
(d) Why they are poor.
13. What does Mother tell Paul when he asks how to be lucky?
(a) To ask his father.
(b) She doesn't know.
(c) From within.
(d) From God.
14. What does Paul think he has found through the betting?
15. Who does Paul ask a question of that nobody else has?
(a) His Mother.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mother feel in her house?
2. What is Barrett's job?
3. What is Mother trying to do when she tells Paul he has something she needs?
4. What impresses Paul's uncle about Paul?
5. Why does Mother tell her children they are poor?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)