|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who often buys toys for the children?
(a) The nanny.
2. Why doesn't Barrett answer all of Paul's uncle's questions about Paul?
(a) He is embarrassed.
(b) He doesn't know the answers.
(c) He respects Paul's privacy.
(d) He doesn't want to get in trouble.
3. Who whispers that they need more?
(a) The church.
(c) The children.
(d) The house.
4. Why does Mother say she is not successful?
(a) She has a short attention span.
(b) Her family is dead.
(c) She was never sent to school.
(d) Her husband is unlucky.
5. Who does Mother blame for her lack of success in life?
(a) Her husband.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her children.
6. What happens to Paul's eyes when he plays with his favorite toy?
(a) They close.
(b) They brighten up.
(c) They turn dark.
(d) They glaze over.
7. What color are Paul's eyes?
8. What does Paul invite his uncle to do?
(a) Learn his methods.
(b) Join his partnership.
(c) Loan him money.
(d) Come to the races.
9. What does Paul think he has found through the betting?
10. How does Paul use his favorite toy?
(a) He rocks it.
(b) He hits it.
(c) He transforms it.
(d) He reads it.
11. How was Mother raised?
(a) In a boarding school.
(b) In poverty.
(c) In an orphanage.
(d) In luxury.
12. Where is the first place Paul's uncle takes him?
13. Who does Mother say gave Paul what she needs from him?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) His father.
14. What is Ascot?
(a) A betting hall.
(b) A race.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A champion fighter.
15. Why is it strange for Mother to keep servants?
(a) She can't afford it.
(b) Her house is small.
(c) She lives in a bad part of town.
(d) Her children are grown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Barrett talk to about Paul's talents?
2. What is Paul's main motivation?
3. Why did Mother get married?
4. How much money has Paul made with Barrett?
5. Who hates to watch Paul when he plays with his toy?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)