|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joan teach Paul all about?
(a) Human nature.
(d) Horse racing.
2. What is Paul's main motivation?
(a) His friendship with Barrett.
(b) His belief in God.
(c) His father's failure.
(d) His mother's problems.
3. What is Barrett's job?
4. Who put Paul's family in debt?
(a) His father.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His mother.
(d) His nanny.
5. What place does Paul's first bet take?
6. What does Paul hope to win his mother's love from?
(a) The house.
(b) His father.
(c) The past.
7. How is Mother described at the beginning of the book?
8. What kind of hair does Paul have?
9. What does Paul's uncle call him when he sees Paul with his favorite toy?
(a) A jockey.
(b) A fortunate one.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) A betting man.
10. What color are Paul's eyes?
11. Who does Barrett tell Paul's uncle to talk to Paul about?
12. What does Mother love to buy for her children?
(c) All of these.
13. How many children does mother have?
14. Who is with Paul's uncle when he first sees Paul on his favorite toy?
(d) All of these.
15. What secret do the children all know about Mother?
(a) She is in debt.
(b) She has a hard time loving them.
(c) She is unhappy.
(d) She is cheating on their father.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the only time Barrett has lost on his bets?
2. What impresses Paul's uncle about Paul?
3. Who does Mother say gave Paul what she needs from him?
4. What do Paul and Barrett often talk about?
5. What disintegrates shortly after Mother gets married?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)