|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother try to keep the appearance of after her marriage?
(a) That she is beautiful.
(b) That she is faithful.
(c) That she is rich.
(d) That she is happy.
2. What child is Paul?
3. How is Paul described as a child?
4. How does Paul use his favorite toy?
(a) He hits it.
(b) He transforms it.
(c) He rocks it.
(d) He reads it.
5. What place does Paul's first bet take?
6. How does Mother feel in her house?
7. When does Barrett make big bets?
(a) When he gets paid.
(b) When Oscar makes the same bet.
(c) When Paul is certain.
(d) When the weather is right.
8. Who does Barrett tell Paul's uncle to talk to Paul about?
9. What bothers Joan about what Paul and Barrett talk about?
(a) It is juvenile.
(b) It is always secret.
(c) It is against the Bible.
(d) It is all they ever talk about.
10. What impresses Paul's uncle about Paul?
(a) His intensity.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His height.
(d) His endurance.
11. Who does Mother like to lord over?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her children.
(c) Everyone in town.
(d) Her siblings.
12. Who is Mother's most important servant?
(a) The maid.
(b) The nanny.
(c) The butler.
(d) The cook.
13. What does Paul hope to win his mother's love from?
(a) His father.
(b) The house.
(c) The past.
14. Who has helped Barrett make his fortune?
15. What does Mother tell Paul when he asks how to be lucky?
(a) To ask his father.
(b) From within.
(c) From God.
(d) She doesn't know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disintegrates shortly after Mother gets married?
2. Who tells Paul's uncle about what he and Barrett talk about?
3. What happened to Mother after she got married?
4. What is Paul's favorite toy made of?
5. What color are Paul's eyes?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)