|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has helped Barrett make his fortune?
2. Where does Barrett think Paul got his talent?
3. Who does Mother blame for her lack of success in life?
(a) Her husband.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her children.
4. What does Paul invite his uncle to do?
(a) Learn his methods.
(b) Come to the races.
(c) Join his partnership.
(d) Loan him money.
5. What does Paul's uncle do when Paul makes his first bet?
(a) All of these.
6. What does Paul's uncle call him when he sees Paul with his favorite toy?
(a) A jockey.
(b) A gentleman.
(c) A betting man.
(d) A fortunate one.
7. What is Paul's uncle's name?
8. How does Paul use his favorite toy?
(a) He hits it.
(b) He transforms it.
(c) He rocks it.
(d) He reads it.
9. Why doesn't Barrett answer all of Paul's uncle's questions about Paul?
(a) He is embarrassed.
(b) He respects Paul's privacy.
(c) He doesn't know the answers.
(d) He doesn't want to get in trouble.
10. How does Paul hope to win his mother's love?
(a) By fixing the house.
(b) By being smart.
(c) By making money.
(d) By making his father successful.
11. What does Joan do when Paul tells his uncle what she taught him?
(b) Runs away.
(c) Hits him.
12. What does Mother have a hard time giving her children?
13. Who does Barrett tell Paul's uncle to talk to Paul about?
14. What disintegrates shortly after Mother gets married?
(a) Her ties to her family.
(b) Her relationship with her husband.
(c) Her good looks.
(d) Her goals and dreams.
15. What does Mother love to buy for her children?
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul's uncle ask Barrett about?
2. What is Paul's favorite toy made of?
3. How does Mother feel in her house?
4. What is Mother trying to do when she tells Paul he has something she needs?
5. Who tells Paul's uncle about what he and Barrett talk about?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)