|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mother blame in private for being so poor?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her children.
(d) Her father.
2. Why doesn't Barrett answer all of Paul's uncle's questions about Paul?
(a) He is embarrassed.
(b) He doesn't want to get in trouble.
(c) He respects Paul's privacy.
(d) He doesn't know the answers.
3. How does Paul describe his relationship with Barrett?
(a) A frienship.
(b) A mentorship.
(c) A partnership.
(d) A family relationship.
4. What is Barrett's job?
5. What is Ascot?
(a) A race.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A betting hall.
(d) A champion fighter.
6. What does Paul hope to win his mother's love from?
(a) The house.
(b) The past.
(c) His father.
7. What branch of military was Barrett involved in?
(a) The Air Force.
(b) The Navy.
(c) The Army.
(d) The Marines.
8. Who does Mother blame for her lack of success in life?
(a) Her husband.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her parents.
9. What does Joan teach Paul all about?
(a) Human nature.
(c) Horse racing.
10. How are Joan and Paul related?
(a) She is his cousin.
(b) She is his aunt.
(c) She is his nanny.
(d) She is his sister.
11. Where is Paul when he invites his uncle to do something?
(a) The races.
(b) His house.
(c) A cab.
(d) The garden.
12. What does Mother tell Paul when he asks how to be lucky?
(a) From God.
(b) She doesn't know.
(c) From within.
(d) To ask his father.
13. Who has helped Barrett make his fortune?
14. What military branch was Paul's uncle involved in?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Marines.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Air Force.
15. What kind of hair does Paul have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Paul's favorite toy made of?
2. What disintegrates shortly after Mother gets married?
3. What does Paul's uncle do when Paul makes his first bet?
4. Who is Mother's most important servant?
5. What does Joan do when Paul tells his uncle what she taught him?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)