|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Oscar want Mother to have the full amount of money she wants?
(a) It will make her sad.
(b) She will harm others.
(c) She will waste it.
(d) It will do her harm.
2. Who does Paul ask a question of that nobody else has?
(a) His father.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His sister.
(d) His Mother.
3. How was Mother raised?
(a) In a boarding school.
(b) In an orphanage.
(c) In luxury.
(d) In poverty.
4. What color are Paul's eyes after the party?
5. How do people know which horse to bet on at the big race?
(a) It is written in the paper.
(b) She dreams about it.
(c) It was Paul's last word.
(d) It is inscribed on the horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Barrett talk to about Paul's talents?
2. What happens to Paul's eyes when he plays with his favorite toy?
3. What is hired for Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
4. How does the author describe Mother's taste in things?
5. What bothers Joan about what Paul and Barrett talk about?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)