|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mother blame for her lack of success in life?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her husband.
(d) Her children.
2. When is the only time Barrett has lost on his bets?
(a) When the weather is bad.
(b) When Paul is not certain.
(c) When he doesn't go to church.
(d) When he doesn't sleep well.
3. What does Joan teach Paul all about?
(b) Horse racing.
(d) Human nature.
4. What disintegrates shortly after Mother gets married?
(a) Her goals and dreams.
(b) Her good looks.
(c) Her relationship with her husband.
(d) Her ties to her family.
5. Who does Mother blame in private for being so poor?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can't Mother recognize after getting home from the party?
2. Who tells Paul the good news about the big race?
3. What does Mother tell Paul when he asks how to be lucky?
4. What does Mother sense in Paul after her birthday?
5. Who does Mother fool with what she showers her children with?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)