|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is someone hired for Paul after Mother gets her birthday money?
(a) So he knows his mother loves him.
(b) So he can continue betting.
(c) So he can look his best.
(d) So he can go to a good school.
2. When did Mother last have the luxury she got for herself in the winter?
(a) When she was at school.
(b) She never had it.
(c) When she was a child.
(d) When she was first married.
3. What makes Mother such an unlikable character?
(a) She is not pretty.
(b) She is young.
(c) She is manipulative.
(d) She doesn't like her children.
4. How is Mother described at the beginning of the book?
5. When does Paul say he will go on his trip?
(a) After he graduates.
(c) After the big race.
(d) After he signs up for the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose permission does Mother need to get the money she wants on her birthday?
2. What does Paul hope to win his mother's love from?
3. Who tries to send Paul on a trip after Mother's birthday?
4. Why doesn't Barrett answer all of Paul's uncle's questions about Paul?
5. When does Barrett make big bets?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)