|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paul play on his horse so much?
(a) It speaks kind words to him.
(b) It tells him the winners.
(c) It comforts him.
(d) It keeps other people away from him.
2. Why is it hard for Mother to keep up the appearance she wants after her marriage?
(a) She is aging badly.
(b) They have no money.
(c) She is miserable.
(d) She is seen with other men often.
3. Who does Mother blame for her lack of success in life?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her children.
4. Who is with Paul's uncle when he first sees Paul on his favorite toy?
(b) All of these.
5. Who tells Paul's uncle about what he and Barrett talk about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is strange about what Paul makes his first bet on with his Uncle?
2. Why doesn't Barrett answer all of Paul's uncle's questions about Paul?
3. Who takes care of the money Paul wins at the Lincoln races?
4. What is making the noise Mother hears when she gets home from the party?
5. Why did Mother get married?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)