|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother get on her birthday each year?
(a) A check.
(b) A new piece of jewelery.
(c) A nice dinner.
(d) A bouquet.
2. Why is Paul winning money?
(a) He worries for their future.
(b) He never has luck.
(c) His mother is in debt.
(d) Nobody will pay for his education.
3. When did Mother last have the luxury she got for herself in the winter?
(a) When she was a child.
(b) When she was first married.
(c) When she was at school.
(d) She never had it.
4. What does Paul think he has found through the betting?
5. What is Paul's favorite toy?
(a) His toy drum.
(b) His rocking horse.
(c) His race track.
(d) His stuffed bunny.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mother feel in her house?
2. What military branch was Paul's uncle involved in?
3. When does Paul say he will go on his trip?
4. How do people know which horse to bet on at the big race?
5. Who is Mother's most important servant?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)