|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother tell Paul when he asks how to be lucky?
(a) She doesn't know.
(b) From within.
(c) To ask his father.
(d) From God.
2. What shows that Paul has a special power?
(a) The change in his eyes.
(b) His guessing the winners.
(c) The connetion with the horse.
(d) His strange vocabulary.
3. What does Paul ask his mother on her birthday?
(a) If she got a present.
(b) If she feels lucky.
(c) If she loves him.
(d) If she is happy.
4. What answer does Mother get about Paul's last words?
(a) It is her fault.
(b) He has been saying that for a while.
(c) It is a horse.
(d) That is a kind of prayer.
5. What place does Paul's first bet take?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does an inanimate object whisper to Paul?
2. Who whispers that they need more?
3. Why is it hard for Mother to keep up the appearance she wants after her marriage?
4. What happens to Paul's eyes when he plays with his favorite toy?
5. Why does Mother want to leave the party early?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)