|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mother tell her children they are poor?
(a) She spent the money.
(b) Their father is unlucky.
(c) They were all born.
(d) She got sick.
2. What do Paul and Barrett often talk about?
(a) Horse racing.
(d) Raising cats.
3. What makes Mother such an unlikable character?
(a) She is young.
(b) She is manipulative.
(c) She is not pretty.
(d) She doesn't like her children.
4. What happened to Mother after she got married?
(a) She got very ill.
(b) She was cheated on.
(c) She lost her inheritance.
(d) She had bad luck.
5. What does Paul's uncle call him when he sees Paul with his favorite toy?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) A betting man.
(c) A jockey.
(d) A fortunate one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Paul's uncle about what he and Barrett talk about?
2. Where is the first place Paul's uncle takes him?
3. What does Mother try to shower her children with?
4. How is Paul's expression after Mother's birthday described?
5. Who does Mother blame for her lack of success in life?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)